Transfers of interest this summer...

Don’t think this has been mentioned on this thread; I listed him on a post on the ‘who available’ thread as someone who would be a great signing (but realistically would be out of our price range wages-wise)

Can’t believe Posh have had the pulling powers to get him to sign for them:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6169905,00.html

This lad had a good few mentions on an old thread too; as the type of young player the club the should be looking towards; he’s gone to Scunny:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6171792,00.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t think this has been mentioned on this thread; I listed him on a post on the ‘who available’ thread as someone who would be a great signing (but realistically would be out of our price range wages-wise)

Can’t believe Posh have had the pulling powers to get him to sign for them:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6169905,00.html

This lad had a good few mentions on an old thread too; as the type of young player the club the should be looking towards; he’s gone to Scunny:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6171792,00.html

Scunthorpe have the knack of spotting and bringing on decent strikers - Grant could be the next one - it will be interesting to see what the fee is.

Said it before on this board but clubs like Scunny, Doncaster, Blackpool show that it is not impossible for small town clubs to get into the championship and stay there.

*Blackpool didn't stay there but will be back soon :wink:

Former player (albeit a sh*te former player) moves on:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6173533,00.html

Can't believe Slade has been stupid enough to sign him for 3 seperate clubs :shock:

I think Forbes just suffered from the "pull and oldham shirt, get played in the wrong position and turn :censored: effect" as he was highly rated at QPR before us then Yeovil etc

I think Forbes just suffered from the "pull and oldham shirt, get played in the wrong position and turn :censored: effect" as he was highly rated at QPR before us then Yeovil etc

Yep especially as since he left us we've played Yeovil 5 times (with him in the team) and they've kept 3 clean sheets. Forbes struck me as a good defender- he wasn't any good at the attacking bits of a defenders play but he was able to defend- IMHO.

Pim Balkestein has joined Brentford from Ipswich for free. Scored against us this season; big & strong Centre Back. Wouldn’t have minded him joining us; but I guess after a successful loan with the Bees it was likely he would join them.

And; Dagnall being linked with Charlton – that could massively affect their progress in L1 as he’s a big; big player for them.

I didn't mind Danny Hall. Thought he was okay when he played, given the quality (or lack thereof) of our team.

Always felt more comfortable with him at the back than Dean Holden.

haha holden , I remember watching him train and he used to train running backwards :petesake:

Huddersfield signed Gary Naysmith on Friday.

With the money they're throwing about it could be promotion or bust over the next couple of seasons. Their wage bill by the end of the window will probably be like 10x bigger as ours.

They only need certain tweaking to their squad, with letting many go, i imagine there budget will be about the same as last season.

Sorry not got a clue- but I would think it would be the sort of player we should have been sniffing around.

It’s all conjecture & guess work though isn’t it?

For starters we don’t have a manager so any signings to that end aren’t going to happen; as, other than the directors; there isn’t any one to sanction a signing – the directors (Corney) have in the past been believed to have signed a few over the manager’s head – but I highly doubt they would be keen to sign a player just before a new manager is appointment.

Dawson himself may have wanted a change of scene – he maybe wanted to move for London for a variety of reasons; who knows?

We also have a very small budget / wage bill – and we already have Stephens, Worthington, Furman…..and also include the likes of Purdie & Holdsworth who can all play CM – could we even afford to bring another in without first moving on 1 or 2 of the above? I doubt it.

He (Dawson) has signed for a fellow L1 team; there are loads & loads of more out there that once we actually have a manager in place; we could look to sign (if we actually have the monies to do so?)..............

Edited by slystallone

so much for 'we dont need a manager yet, everybody is on holiday'

more like 'we dont need a manager yet, because we wont be signing anyone'

No funds = No players, we will wait to see whats left over then hit the loan market. Is Dickov going to be signing as a player as well?

IF it is dickov, yeah id say he will be a player. two birds one stone and all that.

Where's all this doom and gloom about budgts come from? Yes, the owners have stated there will be a reduction but they've said that before and we've made signings. I'd wait and see, i'm sure there's money available for the right player(s) and perhaps maybe a bit more if we move others on.

We were skint last season but still paid £££ for Furman and Colbeck, made quality loan signings like Heff, Nardiello and Flav. I think they'll spend just enough to keep us up. Orient seem to be throwing a bit of money at it which is surprising given the quality of league again next year. As I said last summer the top ten has already gone imo - so no point trying to compete with Southampton, Charlton, Hudds, Plymouth, Sheff Wed, Peterborough etc (ok a couple of them are skint but will still have 5 or 6 times our budget) so imo just do enough to finish higher mid-table 11-16th, plenty of goals and excitement and that'll do me.

Having said that Taylor may just click and Brooke and eaves may be the goalscorers we were waiting for. I'm not expecting much but you just never know where a bit of hard work and application coupled with a little bit of craftiness in the market will get you.

Edited by oafcprozac

Where's all this doom and gloom about budgts come from? Yes, the owners have stated there will be a reduction but they've said that before and we've made signings. I'd wait and see, i'm sure there's money available for the right player(s) and perhaps maybe a bit more if we move others on.

We were skint last season but still paid £££ for Furman and Colbeck, made quality loan signings like Heff, Nardiello and Flav. I think they'll spend just enough to keep us up. Orient seem to be throwing a bit of money at it which is surprising given the quality of league again next year. As I said last summer the top ten has already gone imo - so no point trying to compete with Southampton, Charlton, Hudds, Plymouth, Sheff Wed, Peterborough etc (ok a couple of them are skint but will still have 5 or 6 times our budget) so imo just do enough to finish higher mid-table 11-16th, plenty of goals and excitement and that'll do me.

Having said that Taylor may just click and Brooke and eaves may be the goalscorers we were waiting for. I'm not expecting much but you just never know where a bit of hard work and application coupled with a little bit of craftiness in the market will get you.

The Premier league - just ask Blackpool :wink: