New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm neither of those things, were all allowed our favourites, i see that one guy seems to LOVE Ronnie Moore, he's not getting the abuse I am.

Neil Aspin has got FC Halifax promoted with NO money whatsoever. And he has a great eye for young talent.

Because that guy has been on this board a good while and is generally well respected because of his conduct on the boards

You have been on here for less than a week and you already have a bee in your bonnet about something.

Ok.

The first rule of internet forums is don't talk about internet forums. (Obviously).

The second rule of internet forums is don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.

That is all.

No, but I was making the point that based on the individual qualities they have (see the candidates thread), all of these would have more of a shout than Richardson.

Why on earth do you think that a manager who has been out of work for over 12 months with nothing to his CV but a relegation and a sacking deserves the job over someone like

Paul Simpson: Two promotions on his CV and managed at all three levels of the football league

Martin Gray: More coaching experience than Richardson and also knows more about the existing squad than any other candidate

Frankie Bunn: 12 years experience at top clubs such as Wigan, City and Coventry

If Rico is such a fantastic manager, why has he been out of work for over a season

You said they are ideal candidates because they have publicy declared their interest.

Fits the bill perfectly :laught30:

I give you a list of managers who stand a chance of getting this job

Frankie Bunn (declared an interest publically)

Martin Gray (declared an interest publically)

Mark Crossley (mentioned in several nationals, and 2nd favourite)

Paul Simpson (mentioned locally)

Give me any of the above, hell even give me Andy Ritchie, over richardson, who has done absolutely nothing to warrant he deserves a crack at the job, which he won't be getting anyway.

Please point out in there where I have said they were ideal candidates

Because that guy has been on this board a good while and is generally well respected because of his conduct on the boards

You have been on here for less than a week and you already have a bee in your bonnet about something.

Oh OK, i see, so if your new on here, you have to fall into line and agree with everything the experienced members say. OK.

I'm neither of those things, were all allowed our favourites, i see that one guy seems to LOVE Ronnie Moore, he's not getting the abuse I am.

Neil Aspin has got FC Halifax promoted with NO money whatsoever. And he has a great eye for young talent.

Yeah into the Unibond Premier League- WOW. Well done him he gets to play against that glorified pub team FC United of Manchester. If he/you gets Halifax promoted from there then maybe you can crow about his/your managerial skills- but hopefully you won't be coming back on here because the person we've appointed has actually done some good.

Please clarify if i got the wrong end of stick.

I run off a list of people who have come out and declared their interest in the job, hence we can assume these people definitely want it.

I then went on to say I would personally rather have any of these candidates, on the basis of the qualities which they offer (which are outlined in a thread at the top of the forum called the candidates), than Richardson. As apart from maybe Crossley, all have much stronger CV's than Richardson does, and at the end of the day

1) You still have not answered why Rico has been out of work for a year if he is such a good manager, or

2) Why having a CV which consists of a relegation, failed playoff push and a sacking warrants him a crack at the Oldham job, given the strengths of the other candidates.

But hell, its no skin of my nose. At the end of the day he was 25/1 for a reason, cos he aint getting the job, which is good enough for many on here.

I run off a list of people who have come out and declared their interest in the job, hence we can assume these people definitely want it.

I then went on to say I would personally rather have any of these candidates, on the basis of the qualities which they offer (which are outlined in a thread at the top of the forum called the candidates), than Richardson. As apart from maybe Crossley, all have much stronger CV's than Richardson does, and at the end of the day

1) You still have not answered why Rico has been out of work for a year if he is such a good manager, or

2) Why having a CV which consists of a relegation, failed playoff push and a sacking warrants him a crack at the Oldham job, given the strengths of the other candidates.

But hell, its no skin of my nose. At the end of the day he was 25/1 for a reason, cos he aint getting the job, which is good enough for many on here.

Loads of good managers have been out of work for ages-Greame Souness, Mark Hughes

Alan Curbishley there are just more managers than jobs. Also he did'nt get sacked, his contract expired.

Loads of good managers have been out of work for ages-Greame Souness, Mark Hughes

Alan Curbishley there are just more managers than jobs. Also he did'nt get sacked, his contract expired.

So why did they decide not to renew it then?

Yeah into the Unibond Premier League- WOW. Well done him he gets to play against that glorified pub team FC United of Manchester. If he/you gets Halifax promoted from there then maybe you can crow about his/your managerial skills- but hopefully you won't be coming back on here because the person we've appointed has actually done some good.

Oh, done your research have we. Lets just get Capello-he's got a proven track record.

Your asking me a question that only the Chesterfield board can answer, why dont you ring the club and ask?

No your the one on here trying to defend richardson and tell us what a good manager he is, you tell us, if he is such a great manager, why did chesterfield opt for hiring John Sheridan as opposed to renewing Lee Richardsons contract?