• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Argument pal.

Talk about deluded

Great argument? Deluded? This is getting funny now

:laught16:

If you had read the post properly you will see I wasn't arguing anything, I was offering you an olive branch asking you to justify your opinion that Rico is the best man for the job. You still obviously can't do that as you are dodging the question, going down blind alleys.

But hey ho, its not me making myself look like an idiot after less than a week on OWTB :grin:

I will even make it simple for you then

Candidates who know more about the club and its infastructure than Rico: Martin Gray, Andy Ritchie, Frankie Bunn

Candidates who are held in much higher regards by the fans: Frankie Bunn, Andy Ritchie, Jim Gannon

Candidates who have more coaching experience than him: Martin Gray, Jim Gannon, Andy Ritchie, Frankie Bunn, Paul Simpson

Candidates who have learned their trade at a higher level than him: Jim Gannon, Frankie Bunn, Andy Ritchie,

Candidates who have managed at a higher level than Rico: Jim Gannon, Paul Simpson, Andy Ritchie,

Candidates who have more promotions on their CV than Rico: Jim Gannon, Paul Simpson, Andy Ritchie

There is at least two names that beat Rico in all of the above case. Hence in light of this, can you justify why you think Lee Richardson is the best man for the Oldham job? Or are you just going to divert from the subject again, put words into my mouth, or go down another blind alley?

Anyone know if Tinnian applied?

I haven't seen John Gregorys name mentioned on here and he has at least had an interview, although Hardy wasn't impressed with him by all accounts.

Last I heard Tinnian had a very cushy job coaching kids in south of spain. south of spain.....or Oldham.......south of spain.....or oldham....

Not much of a competition is it

He is up against candidates for the Oldham job who

- Know alot more about the club and the existing players than he does. Mark Crossley? Nicky Butt? Frankie Bunn? Jim Gannon? Yeah they all know the club inside out.

- Who are held in much higher regards by the fans than he is Mark Crossleuy, Nicky Butt, Jim Gannon, Andy Richie? Ha ha ha.

- Who have more coaching experience than him Mark Crossley, Nicky Butt?

- Who have learned their trade at a higher level than him As Above

- Who have managed at a higher level than him AS Above

- Who have more promotions on their CV than him AS Above plus Frankie Bunn.

Great Argument pal.

Talk about deluded

Andy Ritchie is held in much higher regards than Lee Richardson. Also when saying up against managers with much more experience, higher level experience etc you have picked only 2 candidates from a potential 20-30. Obviously there are going to be candidates which have just retired and want to move into coaching. If their wasnt wed run out of coaches quite shortly. Ritchie, Gannon, even Alan Knill and Keith Hill have got just as much experience and a better track record. I would be suprised if we hadnt made enquiries into whether these were available.

Lee Richardson has a terrible CV in leagues below, it wont be him, based on old appointments it will be a manager who has led a team out of League 2 and then been dumped/left after a season of consolidation in League 1. This is why Jim Gannon is amongst the favourites.

based on old appointments it will be a manager who has led a team out of League 2 and then been dumped/left after a season of consolidation in League 1. This is why Jim Gannon is amongst the favourites.

how do you know it will???

what experience of lower league did shez have???

we dont know whos applied for it so its all a big guessing game,were basing our opinions on the rumours of who has supposedly applied for it....the only one we know 100% who has is gray.

maybe we need a mole to go to the lancaster club and see whos coming and going

Gannon is very pro Trust.. he in fact has done all the accounts for County and worked with the Trust night and day !!!!

Did the accounts ? Are you having a laugh ? What did Paul Cheetham do then ?

Gannon is a qualified accountant but he did not do the accounts. Indeed he was very much out of the loop with regard to finances. He did put together a rescue plan when it became clear we were in the brown sticky stuff and he would have pulled it off if the rug hadn't been pulled from under our feet at the last minute.

Pro trust in principle, yes, but he was very scathing of the set up towards the end and rightly so.

He'll tell home truths no doubt and he'll always do what he thinks is right no matter who he upsets, hence his premature demise at Motherwell and Peterborough.

TBH, there's only one club that would tolerate that side of him for long and hopefully he'll be employed by them again soon.

how do you know it will???

what experience of lower league did shez have???

we dont know whos applied for it so its all a big guessing game,were basing our opinions on the rumours of who has supposedly applied for it....the only one we know 100% who has is gray.

maybe we need a mole to go to the lancaster club and see whos coming and going

Shez was an inhouse appointment and it was pretty much the only way to go at the time. Ronnie Moore, Dave Penney and Brian talbot were all very similar managers, thats what I was basing it on. I never said Gannon would definately get it, I said based on old appointments, this is why Gannon is the favourite. Their will be other managers who will be looked at also, but I would imagine most of them are far more attractive candidates to the owners than Lee Richardson

bunn, butt, or crossley I would be happy with.

Martin Gray actually might be quite a decent appointment, although it would be somewhat of an anti-climax.

and if lee richardson is appointed I will be very underwhelmed. It would seem like we were appointing someone o the same grounds we appointed penney. I just wouldn't like it.

bunn, butt, or crossley I would be happy with.

Martin Gray actually might be quite a decent appointment, although it would be somewhat of an anti-climax.

and if lee richardson is appointed I will be very underwhelmed. It would seem like we were appointing someone o the same grounds we appointed penney. I just wouldn't like it.

Even this I would dispute

Penney had on his CV...

2 Promotions (back to back)

1 Playoff finish

9 years of management experience

1 resignation

Lee Richardson has

1 relegation

2 failed playoff pushes

1 parting of ways that was not his choice (employer decided not to renew his contract)

• Mark Crossley
  • Martin Gray
  • Frank Bunn

I would go with Frank Bunn out of all of them. Based on nothing more than he has more coaching experience.

GK as a manager ? Interesting...

Pretty uninspiring bunch really...

Edited by oafc0000

• Mark Crossley
  • Martin Gray
  • Frank Bunn

I would go with Frank Bunn out of all of them. Based on nothing more than he has more coaching experience.

GK as a manager ? Interesting...

Pretty uninspiring bunch really...

Arnt the three amigos an ambitous bunch?

I would be okay with Bunn and will renew my season ticket if its him so here's hoping (i'm guessing many Latics fans will feel the same)

I dont think I would renew with Crossley but would probably pick my games.......

As for Gray I think its partly his fault that we are so crap at the moment as he certainly didnt coach any wonder football last year............ I wont be renewing if its him and cant even see me turning up at BP.

Based on that and the recent record of TTA helping to drive the fans away, I fully expect Martin Gray to be appointed next week :grin: