Doctor Who Linked MMR and Autism Struck Off

Ackey

I thought Rummy would have been along by now, but I'll do it for him: http://is.gd/cmUQU

Good news, considering the amount of harm he has done. Sadly as he now lives in the US where there is a thriving and lucrative market for people with questionable morals who support the MMR-Autism link this man is still free to peddle and profit from his despicable actions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know, I've tweeted - I didn't think to post it in here. I may do so in the future though...

*watches as Rummy rummages around in his box of tricks for something that can post to OWTB from Twitter*

I thought Rummy would have been along by now, but I'll do it for him: http://is.gd/cmUQU

Good news, considering the amount of harm he has done. Sadly as he now lives in the US where there is a thriving and lucrative market for people with questionable morals who support the MMR-Autism link this man is still free to peddle and profit from his despicable actions.

Good news indeed - complete dosser and a dwad!

My child is starting her journey down the route of immunisation. Its a terrible time for any parent. There are some very small risks with all immunisations. But this pleb unnecessarily scared the living daylights out of millions of parents based on next to nothing.

My child will be having the full course of immunisations. For me its a simple numbers game. Chances of catching something like Measles > chances of side effect from immunisation.

Edited by oafc0000

My child is starting her journey down the route of immunisation. Its a terrible time for any parent. There are some very small risks with all immunisations. But this pleb unnecessarily scared the living daylights out of millions of parents based on next to nothing.

My child will be having the full course of immunisations. For me its a simple numbers game. Chances of catching something like Measles > than chances of side effect from immunisation.

Exactly the right attitude to have. No one ever claimed it was/is an easy decision for a parent to make - but research has shown[1] what this man did has caused a huge rise in Measles cases and of those cases certain children have, tragically, died.

Look at the rise, it's obscene:

_45449024_measles_cases226x240.gif

As far as I'm concerned this man has blood on his hands and should rot for what he's done.

I totally misread the thread title at first and thought it was a thread saying Doctor Who linked to MMR and Autism.. :blink:

:lol:

Grammatically can I change it to "that" or "which" ? I'm not sure, but don't think so...

I totally misread the thread title at first and thought it was a thread saying Doctor Who linked to MMR and Autism.. :blink:

Same here, I know Matt Smith is funny looking but this isn't the place to have his medical record discussed. Amy on the other hand.....

(or any hand, or..... I'll stop there, but I wouldn't say that to her....)

Same here, I know Matt Smith is funny looking but this isn't the place to have his medical record discussed. Amy on the other hand.....

(or any hand, or..... I'll stop there, but I wouldn't say that to her....)

I had to google her, having done so I can confirm that she qualifies for a triple injection.

Shock horror he got struck off. I'm going to try and avoid ranting about how wrong his research was (the conclusions) nevermind the process. I will say though if I was a member of the CPS I would be looking into him for charges of assault/ABH etc. He implanted some fancy tubes into the gut of kids and inserted needles into their spine (probably a lumbar puncture- and I can tell you from personal experience they hurt). The fact he had the parents permission (though how much of it was informed consent) and it must be getting on for 10 years ago may let him off.

I will however, call upon any parents on here that haven't already done so, to vaccinate their little ones where possible (i.e. don't if they are suspected of being allergic to it).

Reminds me a lot of Christopher Columbus and everyone laughing and getting their pitchforks out demanding he be killed when he said the world was round........who has the last laugh now?

Confused... Are you saying he will be proved right ?

Just because a scientist or medical profession or other "expert" says something doesn't mean it has to be right. Equally, just because MMR immunisation is the most cost efficient way for the NHS to immunise our children doesn't mean that it's wrong to investigate the safety of the vaccine. But the publicity around such investigations needs to be appropriate and responsible.

We need to ensure that these "experts" can challenge the status quo and can seek funding to prove or disprove a theory using proper scientific tools. It's when they mouth off in an irresponsible manner that problems occur.

For example, those who challenge assumed beliefs on global warming climate change should not have their research silenced or funding blocked just because they may believe that government / IPCC held views are incorrect. But that's a whole different debate.

Edited by opinions4u

Just because a scientist or medical profession or other "expert" says something doesn't mean it has to be right. Equally, just because MMR immunisation is the most cost efficient way for the NHS to immunise our children doesn't mean that it's wrong to investigate the safety of the vaccine. But the publicity around such investigations needs to be appropriate and responsible.

We need to ensure that these "experts" can challenge the status quo and can seek funding to prove or disprove a theory using proper scientific tools. It's when they mouth off in an irresponsible manner that problems occur.

For example, those who challenge assumed beliefs on global warming climate change should not have their research silenced or funding blocked just because they may believe that government / IPCC held views are incorrect. But that's a whole different debate.

I agree... But when you are going up against the vast amount of already scientific verified / proven research and global opinion / common sense... As both the MMR doctor and the handful of scientist who dispel the idea of global warning backed only by people who want to be able to pollute the planet more cheaply... You can expect a tough time...

But like you said, that is another debate :)