car trouble

have a vauxhall astra 1.6 on the drive that i haven't driven for a while due to getting a new motor, i been turning the engine over every week for the last 6 weeks no problem (starts first time every time) but came to do it again yesterday and nothing!

central locking not working, car not turning over at all (not even a whimper) and no lights appearing at all on the dash.

now is this down to a flat battery or is it likely to be more sinister?

i know absolutely diddly squat about motors so any help would be appreciated

Thanks

have a vauxhall astra 1.6 on the drive that i haven't driven for a while due to getting a new motor, i been turning the engine over every week for the last 6 weeks no problem (starts first time every time) but came to do it again yesterday and nothing!

central locking not working, car not turning over at all (not even a whimper) and no lights appearing at all on the dash.

now is this down to a flat battery or is it likely to be more sinister?

i know absolutely diddly squat about motors so any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I too know naff all about cars - but last time mine had those symptoms it was indeed just a battery issue.

sell it ..... no insurance and Tax needed...

Steve_J :wink:

Amen to that!

Best case, it's a flat battery. Try jump starting it. If it starts, it's the battery. If not, it's probably something more sinister like the electrics.

Simply turning the engine over on the drive isn't enough. Take it out over the tops to Huddersfield and back, blow it out a bit - it needs a run.

Very true. For one thing, keep doing that and there's a good chance the handbrake'll seize up.

99% its the battery buy a charger £12 at bms take the battery off then leave on charge untill you need it .and as said before take it for a good long run 20+ miles to give it a good workout go over woodhead then come back through holmfirth or right around the M60 should be enough to get it properly warm ! Do not leave it sat with the hand brake on as it may sieze use a brick ! Also is it for sale ?