• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from there myself, nice to see the plan of the whole site. the plans show

- 12k seater stadium, although there is enough parking for 16k so if we do need to expand should be a case of filling in the corners

- Think there was 8 or 10 five a side pitches and about 3-4 full size pitches

- 120 bed hotel

- Food court with a cinema upstairs

Some local residents blatantly :censored: stirring and scare mongering, some had genuine concerns, one bloke who was from the area stood next to me took one look and said 'im all in favour of that I hope they build it, they only use it for a dog loo at the moment anyway'

Just got back from there myself, nice to see the plan of the whole site. the plans show

- 12k seater stadium, although there is enough parking for 16k so if we do need to expand should be a case of filling in the corners

- 120 bed hotel

Some local residents blatantly :censored: stirring and scare mongering, some had genuine concerns, one bloke who was from the area stood next to me took one look and said 'im all in favour of that I hope they build it, they only use it for a dog loo at the moment anyway'

Sounds good... Was it the same look and feel to the stadium ?

- 120 bed hotel

How does the hotel, food court and cinema tie in with generating income to the club? Will they pay money for the land and thats it or will we get a guarranteed revenue through rents/profits?

- 120 bed hotel

3,000 words completed of 7,000 - would have loved to have nipped down but very unlikely I will make it! Fookin' Boo!

Sounds good... Was it the same look and feel to the stadium ?

Stadium looked the same, they had a movie of how it would look floodlit inside the stadium.

Some of the companies they have spoke to include

- Goals for the 5 a side (note the 11 a side will not be run by these)

- Frankie and bennies

- Apollo cinemas

- Fitness first

Again the plan is for phase 1, a 4 sided 12000 seater stadium. However the parking on site is enough to accomodate 16k, so if we wanted to expand it shuld just be a case of filling the corners in without having to worry about extra parking

The :petesake: of all complaints that i heard of when I was something along the lines of

'Where will the busses stop'

'On broadway or Oldham Road'

'No I mean where on the site will they stop'

'They wont, you'll have to walk round'

'Not good enough, you will have to put special busses on that stop outside the stadium"

The :petesake: of all complaints that i heard of when I was something along the lines of

'Not good enough, you will have to put special busses on that stop outside the stadium"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone ask a sensible question like will the hotel in anyway go towards funding the club ?

:lol: What buses stop outside BP? :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did anyone ask a sensible question like will the hotel in anyway go towards funding the club ?

I didn't get the answer to that question.

I don't know whether they did this last time though, but they put a list up of every site they considered, and why they decided against the likes of gasworks/beal valley etc.

Yehh its ok now, the video was not on the right before. It looks good, just a question of if and when now

Make this fairly young cynic eat his words TTA - make it happen, until then I still will believe it when I see it. I was initially for the scheme, then against it when I realised it was the take it or leave it option but gradually I have been won back over believing it is the only way forward. Deliver and hand over the extra-revenue streams and I'll be all for it...otherwise we're just skint but in a nice ground - same as Darlo!

Just been over to the consultation!

All looks very good and well thought through from what i see. Site will look alot better than it does now with some great facilities for the local community and will generate alot of jobs. Parking is based on 750/800 spaces.

Alot of moaners floating about saying there bit and thats mainly around parking and traffic issues from what I heard!

Can only see posatives myself and I live a 5min walk away!