Ronaldo V C.Ronaldo

Just thought of this question as on FIFA 10 Andy Gray says C.Ronaldo has now surpassed Old Ronaldo in terms of being a better more successful player,

Im not so sure, maybe in a few years or maybe when the winker has a world cup under his belt possibly?

Just thought of this question as on FIFA 10 Andy Gray says C.Ronaldo has now surpassed Old Ronaldo in terms of being a better more successful player,

Im not so sure, maybe in a few years or maybe when the winker has a world cup under his belt possibly?

hmmmmm Ronaldo or Ronaldo?

who is better?, there's only one way to find out!

FIIIIGGHHHHT!

sorry im bored

Club wise- the winker gets it just. International wise there's not that many who have as good a record in world cups as the fat one- so overall the fat one for me.

Edited by rudemedic

Fat Ronaldo was something else when he was a young un. It's a shame he got that bad knee injury when he was still a young kid or in my opinion he would of been the best football player to grace the game. All these tricks you see skinny Ronaldo doing now fat Ronaldo was doing ten year ago and he was doing at a faster speed than him. So Fatty for me.

Club wise- the winker gets it just. International wise there's not that many who have as good a record in world cups as the fat one- so overall the fat one for me.

It does help being Brazillian though. Did they ever decide what was up with the fat one when Nike made him play the final in a coma?

He was sharing a room with Robbie Carlos who woke to find Ronaldo having some sort of seizure. What caused it I don't know but it scared seven bells of the brown stuff out of the whole team.

If it is ever proven that certain sponsors just did it and doped the kid up to get him to play they should be thoroughly investigated and punished appropriately. Yes it was the world cup final but it is only a game. If it turns out it was a reaction to some substance then that too should be investigated but I guess it will now just fade from memory.

Ronaldo in his brief few years was one of the best players to play the game, pace, power, skill, more pace, a bit more pace then with a burst of speed. There are a few vids on youtube that show what a true great of the game he was. This was all before he hit his prime too.

Cronaldo, is also one of the best players of the game but for me Ronaldo is, was the better player.

The fat Ronaldo for sure.

Fatty:Skinny

10 PACE 10

10 HEADING 9

10 FINISHING 9

10 SKILL 10

10 STRENGTH 9

If it wasnt for those horrific knee injuries he picked up, he would have been IMO the greatest ever player.

Ronaldo is the greatest player of the last 20 year.....the guy was phenomenal and untouchable in his pomp. Cristiano Ronaldo is a good player and a good goal scorer, not so much a good team player, but he really doesn't come close to the genuine article. When you watched Ronaldo, you were watching a true master of the game, in an Brazil team packed with world beaters and all time greats (Rivaldo, Romario, R.Carlos, Denilson, Leonardo, Dunga) Ronaldo was considered the star, he was the best player in one of the best Brazil squads, if not the best.

Cristiano Ronaldo could only ever dream of a performance like this:

He was sharing a room with Robbie Carlos who woke to find Ronaldo having some sort of seizure. What caused it I don't know but it scared seven bells of the brown stuff out of the whole team.

If it is ever proven that certain sponsors just did it and doped the kid up to get him to play they should be thoroughly investigated and punished appropriately. Yes it was the world cup final but it is only a game. If it turns out it was a reaction to some substance then that too should be investigated but I guess it will now just fade from memory.

Ronaldo in his brief few years was one of the best players to play the game, pace, power, skill, more pace, a bit more pace then with a burst of speed. There are a few vids on youtube that show what a true great of the game he was. This was all before he hit his prime too.

Cronaldo, is also one of the best players of the game but for me Ronaldo is, was the better player.

Rumour has it that it WAS a reaction to a substance- but it was a legal one. Apparently, the team (or some of it did) got a dose of food poisoning- funny how they were playing the hosts. The team doctors then gave the team some Ciprofloxacin (they probably gave them some Immodium® as well) and Ronaldo had a reaction to the Cipro (it is known to cause seizures). Why he ended up playing from there I don't know but apparently the whole team thought he might die and were worried for him. I think Ronaldo may have wanted it covered up (in part) because if you have a seizure you aren't supposed to drive for a bit (in this country- it would seem sense the same applies in quite a few countries).

The same Ronaldo that went with ladyboys :wink:

Wasn't Pele a rent boy in his youth, didn;t stop him from playing a bit. AND he would seek advice if he ever had problems getting wood. Not that he does, ever, just so that you understand.

The original was way better than Christiano he was breathtaking at times especially around the late 90s the 98 World Cup and the hat trick at United in the Champions league . Him and Zidane where the best two I ever saw its hard to pick a one or two between them for football and sentimental reasons Scholes was third in my eyes

Although it wasn't really us doing it originally, it is hard to judge between two players of different positions. Secondly, the argument of 'he would have been great if it wasn't for his injury' isn't relevant in a who's the better player argument. I'd have been one of the world greats if I didn't have two left feet.

I still think fatty has it, but not by the vast margines some are saying. The unplayable Ronaldo in his pomp at centre forward scored 47 goals for Barcelona. The git Ronaldo from midfield scored 46 in his.

I would say that the problem Cristiano has is he's Portugeuse, so in all likelihood won't ever get near winning the World Cup or international honours like Brazil have.

It's the big lads' lead at the moment but I don't think CR is far from taking over the strange mantle.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Agree that there is not a country mile in it, but the fatty does get my nod. Glad to see that everyone seems to agree, because when he was at Inter and Barca he revolutionised football - I cannot think of a more total striker than him. Plus, although I agree that it is a bit hard to say "if not for the injury" because we'll never know, the fact is that he reinvented his game so many times - that is a true sign of greatness.

By that I mean he had everything. Then he lost his stamina, lost the edge of pace, with the inability to train his skill dropped off, etc. Yet at every stage of the process he was able to turn to another facet of his game, to the extent that even now he is a goal machine because his touch is immaculate and his finishing is icy cold. Total, complete legend of the game - and MaccaScouseMan said that at Madrid he was his best mate and a party leader! What a guy!

The dirty Portuguese swine is pretty good though, but he loves himself far too much to be a legend on such a level.

Oh, and that's a fair Madrid team assembled in that clip that's attached...