An email off Paul Dickov

I feel touched ;-)

Dear Latics fans,

I am delighted to have been appointed manager of Oldham Athletic. It is a challenge I am relishing and I cannot wait to get started.

I have been lucky to work with many top managers and always listened and taken on board what they have said, sometimes without realising it.

Management has always interested me and I view it as a natural progression to playing which is the best job in the world. This is the second-best job.

I am not going to pretend it will be easy and I am sure I will make mistakes, but sometimes you only learn by making mistakes.

One thing is for certain, however, is that I will be giving it my all, and I will be making sure the players here will do the same.

Anybody who saw me play will probably say I did so with a bit too much passion. I want to pass on that passion and enthusiasm to the players. I want you to see a team which at the end of the game has given its all.

I had a long career and was not necessarily the most talented player. The reason I had the career I had was through hard work which first and foremost has to be the starting point.

I want my team to play attacking football and to score goals, but most importantly I want us to play winning football. And the starting point will be that my team works its socks off and we will defend from the front.

I also remember as a player what a difficult place Boundary Park was to come to, and I would love it to become a fortress once more which is where you can help.

Your support is important and I am also a great believer in getting out into the community which I, my staff and the players will be doing wherever possible.

We will be getting out to schools, youth clubs and the like. You come and support us every week and it is important we give something back.

I saw how important that was at Manchester City after we were relegated to what is today’s League One. We got out into the community and that got the fans back on side in what were difficult times.

It let the fans know the players and club cared about them, and I am a great believer in that. And at a club the size of Latics, it will be even more important.

I look forward to getting out and about and meeting you in the weeks ahead.

p.s , whoever Blue PIzza is stop emailing and ringing me !

Paul

when did he sent this email and where was it posted to because someone cut and pasted this letter out of the manchester paper and put remarks in about dickov.

I sometimes think you get a bad press mate, Just sit back and think before you write sometimes.

Are you on the constant blag? fair play if so, if not I'm really sorry

He's no better than Wadsworth.
:

despite all the good things that the 3 amigos have done for latics, we know their strong point isnt picking good managers

so the jury is out on paul dickov. having said that i of course do wish him all the best.

p.s. i would love to know what the managers are like at the companies owned by the 3 amigos.

do they constantly change or are they long standing managers. :unsure:

although it is the same as on the website, i like the idea of reaching out to the fans and getting the on side. it shows he will make an effort unlike penney did. the but about getting into the community is a great idea. liking this appointment more and more.

+1 When he celebrates his 30th of season :wink: even better.

If, at 37 years of age and never having achieved that feat in his entire career, Paul Dickov bags 30 goals for us this season, I'll give you £200. That's a pony and a bag of hooves.

If, at 37 years of age and never having achieved that feat in his entire career, Paul Dickov bags 30 goals for us this season, I'll give you £200. That's a pony and a bag of hooves.

Don't be so cynical. Champo has categorically proved that by playing three across the middle of midfield with runs diagonally forward and out, plus one man behind the front two pushing on, anything is possible. I fully expect us to play that way, which is robust yet scores millions and have Dickov bag 30.

Don't be so cynical. Champo has categorically proved that by playing three across the middle of midfield with runs diagonally forward and out, plus one man behind the front two pushing on, anything is possible. I fully expect us to play that way, which is robust yet scores millions and have Dickov bag 30.

:grin: Top bloke that Vega!! :grin:

Sod that, play for the nil nil and hope we get one on the break. :wink: