Latics Look To Change Fixtures

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOD: Don't copy and paste from the official.

I hope it gets rejected....

How much are these police costs, would the extra 1000 fans that turn up on the bank holiday not pay for this polcing cost against dale and WTF do we need Police against Walsall

Edited by NIKI1234

I see Latics are looking to switch bank holiday games against Rochdale and Walsall to reduce police costs, personally I think they should leave things alone and try go encourage more fans to the ground on days when traditonally crowds are larger.

Other opinions welcome.

I see Latics are looking to switch bank holiday games against Rochdale and Walsall to reduce police costs, personally I think they should leave things alone and try go encourage more fans to the ground on days when traditonally crowds are larger.

Other opinions welcome.

I hope Rochdale and Walsall both say no.

I can see them both being moved- it happened with Hudds this year. I can't see GMP being very happy that Oldham are playing Dale then because the risk of trouble goes up a lot (people can effectively have had a 72 hour bender prior to kick-off). In some ways it might be a moot point, because if we were due to play Dale on Jan 3rd this year it wouldn't have got played.

I can see them both being moved- it happened with Hudds this year. I can't see GMP being very happy that Oldham are playing Dale then because the risk of trouble goes up a lot (people can effectively have had a 72 hour bender prior to kick-off). In some ways it might be a moot point, because if we were due to play Dale on Jan 3rd this year it wouldn't have got played.

Plenty of police overtime already on 4th Jan, Bolton home to Wigan and Man U home to Stoke

If the manager wants the fans on his side he should say NO to Alan Hardy now.

What a bunch of penny pinchers this club is run by! Under Brierley we didn't have a pot to piss in yet still managed to play big games on Saturdays and Bank Holidays! It's getting beyond the joke, can't they see that this is a big local derby. But Dale won't bring half as many to a night match, so despite the clubs claims they will be more out of pocket from a :censored:e attendance.

It's really annoying that they move all the best matches to midweek. I know the reasons behind it but you wouldn't expect the club to try to make it worse. Moving Rochdale to a Tuesday night would surely take a few thousand off the attendance? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

At least Hudders away is on a Saturday. This may involve a few hours on the drink perhaps!

It's really annoying that they move all the best matches to midweek. I know the reasons behind it but you wouldn't expect the club to try to make it worse. Moving Rochdale to a Tuesday night would surely take a few thousand off the attendance? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

At least Hudders away is on a Saturday. This may involve a few hours on the drink perhaps!

I'm almost tempted to email Hardy :)

What a joke. Does anyone at that club give a crap what we "the fans" think about moving yet another of our bigger games next season to a Tuesday night? We did it with Huddersfield last season and now for the Rochdale game at home just to save money on policing costs. I'm sure most people would prefer the game on the Monday for a drink and a bit of banter. It's Rochdale for gods sake not Leeds or Cardiff!

I've emailed Alan Hardy...

Hi Alan,

Just reading the official site re trying to move bank holiday fixtures.

I can understand it for Walsall on Easter Monday, but please please please don’t move the Rochdale fixture – in lots of ways that’s our biggest game of the season, it should be on a bank holiday when the majority of local people can easily make it. Obviously I don’t know what the relative police costs are, but I can’t help thinking we’ll lose four figures on our gate by moving it.

Impressed so far with Paul Dickov – he’s making all the right noises. The fans forum in July is a positive move too.

All the best,

Suggest others do the same if they feel the same way. I'd like to think the club will listen if enough fans shout up (and promise to turn up!).

Are they thick or what? Do they not realise that moving the Rochdale game will probably make them lose money, not save it? What a joke of a club we support.

Do you know how much the policing cost difference is between a Bank Holiday Monday and a normal working Tuesday?

Alan's reply to my mail, speedy as ever:

Paul’s main concern is the extra 24 hours for the players to recover from the Hartlepool game on 1st Jan the second consideration is of course the cost saving.

With the two grounds only a few miles apart I don’t see the gate being much different to a Monday night at 7.45pm

Alan

Personally, as the reason is primarily a football one I'm willing to accept that - but it's still disappointing from a fans' point of view.

Can't believe they are trying to change the only game of the season that might be close to capacity!

Why would the bank holiday game be at 7.45? Surely a 3 o clock kick off is the norm.

I for one, could have made it on the monday, but i am unable to make tuesday nights and that was a big factor in not getting a season ticket as i would miss too many games to make it worthwhile.

Personally, as the reason is primarily a football one I'm willing to accept that - but it's still disappointing from a fans' point of view.

Does this mean all clubs can decide to move to another day to get the extra days rest? Or are we using the cost excuse as the reason in which case why is Alan Hardy being so open with the details?

If the crowd is say 1200-1500 down on the bank holiday game then thats approx £20K. How much do the Police charge FFS?

Edited by NIKI1234

Wonder why there's no mention of moving the away game at Colchester on 28th of Dec, 48 hrs after Carlisle at home on the 26th

Paul’s main concern is the extra 24 hours for the players to recover from the Hartlepool game on 1st Jan the second consideration is of course the cost saving.

With the two grounds only a few miles apart I don’t see the gate being much different to a Monday night at 7.45pm

Alan

I dont beleive that for a minute, Definetely primarily a cost cutting excercise in my opinon.

I cant see that a new manager looking at the fixture list would start by worrying about a 2 or 3 day break between games 6 months away. The board would've been fully aware there would be games on a bank holiday and would've been ready phone in hand.

As for the difference in crowd I could see it being 2000