Wimbledon

For those of you who are interested in the Second Dullest Sport in the World, apparently some dead good bloke is on the verge of getting beat by some bloke no one's ever heard of.

For me personally, tennis belongs in the same entertainment bracket as beach volleyball.

I don't get the obsession with women's tennis. Some of them are allright but a vast array look like men.

Coupled with the fact that it is a truly boring sport and I'd rather just watch... well, something else. You get the idea I'm sure.

I don't get the obsession with women's tennis. Some of them are allright but a vast array look like men.

Coupled with the fact that it is a truly boring sport and I'd rather just watch... well, something else. You get the idea I'm sure.

Some do look like men, but then there are others like Ana Ivanovic.

Ana+Ivanovic3.jpg

Hmmm, my last post somehow lost a part whilst making it's way onto the board.... :unsure:

Fair comment. Tennis is pretty boring, but women's makes better viewing not only because of whatever sex appeal there may be. Fact is they at least manage to have rallies, where as men's is SLAM, 15 love. SLAM, 30 love, etc.

Good news for those fan's of ladies tennis- Kournikova is going to be back at Wimbledon in the "invitational doubles". In case you've forgotten what she looks like here's a pic 04_akournikova_01.jpg

Nope, hadn't forgotten.

I always had a, erm, soft spot for Martina Hingis....

martina-hingis-20070602-264399.jpg

Going for the first time tomorrow, not the biggest tennis fan in the world but find it quite watchable and looking forward to the experience of going to Wimbledon for real.

For those who have been before, how early would you recommend getting there to queue for outside court tickets, or perhaps Court Two?

Shouldn't that be in the rumours and speculation (and wishful thinking) forum?

If it was in that way, yes- I have my suspicions about Kournikova and Hingis has had some relationship problems- but I was talking tennis.

Going for the first time tomorrow, not the biggest tennis fan in the world but find it quite watchable and looking forward to the experience of going to Wimbledon for real.

For those who have been before, how early would you recommend getting there to queue for outside court tickets, or perhaps Court Two?

Outside court tickets might not have to be crack of dawn (if you want Centre you should be leaving about now). You can get tickets for centre court and number 1 towards the end of the day as people leave early they often hand their tickets in and they get redistributed.