Do we want a club?

A lot of us have had grievances against the club, each other, owners, Trust, pie-seller etc....

But the next season is massive for the future of Oldham Athletic, continue to ask questions to find out the information you want but please do not let your gripes affect your weekly support of the team. Times are hard yes but the one constant in my life since the age of nine (and probably yours) has been Oldham Athletic FC. WE THE FANS were a big reason why the club survived in 2003. We can have just as big influence again. How?

If you can and haven't already buy a season ticket. The football was :censored:e lat season we know and has been since late 2008, but despite that over 2,000 others (including me) have backed the club despite a well documented budget cut. If you can't afford a ST please attend as many home games as you can. Buy programmes, buy strike it lucky tickets, a badge, pen anything i'm sure every penny will count this season. Yes the shirts are :censored:e quality but at the end of the day we buy them to support the club, yes we've been taken for granted a little over the last couple of years but the club will be humbler and be grateful for any extra income.

Let's stop the inane griping, Oldhamers excel at this, difficult times may lie ahead but by sticking together and by backing the club - like we did in the late 90s and early noughties before Moore came - the football was crap but it was a much more enjoyable experience than it has been lately. The bitter RL fans (of which i'm sad to say was one) sat back and sniped, became fractured and bitter - allowed their club to die because when the chips were down they only stood up to back their club when it was far too late. Look at what happened there.

That could be OAFC if we sit back, snipe, whinge and back-bite. Both fans and club are survivors, we've had trouble before and the current situation is nowhere near as bad as it could be BUT we have to stand up and be counted - back our club. I have done for 25 years, others much longer.

Now is not the time to walk away or pick games, crowds of 3,000 will kill the club. Let's get back to at least 4,500 and take it from there. There's a freshness about this close-season - we've a manager who is starting out, a good backroom team has been built around him. A squad that has a lot to prove after last season, the chance of an optimistic future at Failsworth (it's time we backed this whether we like it or not and it's hardy my first choice) and we've got a Chairman that no longer thinks he's invincible - he knows the game's up and he needs help - from the supporters of the club and from outside investment if the club is able to have a sustainable future.

Penney is in the past, TTA are in the past - you as the one constant of this club holds the key to the future.

Stayaways - over to you...

To coin a phrase fellow Latics...it is time to Go hard or Go Home!

Edited by oafcprozac

The one constant in my life has been the Latics (whether they have been good or bad), I could not imagine what it would be like without my (our) club. In many ways we are preaching to the choir on this message board. We need to get the stay-aways to forget their grievances and come back. Latics are in my blood for ever.

The one constant in my life has been the Latics (whether they have been good or bad), I could not imagine what it would be like without my (our) club. In many ways we are preaching to the choir on this message board. We need to get the stay-aways to forget their grievances and come back. Latics are in my blood for ever.

Partly agree Lincoln, but there are a lot of stayaways and disaffected that post on here too.

Of course times are hard for some (not least myself with two kids and fervently looking for a teaching position) luckily I have an understanding wife who has let me buy a season ticket, but we saw that as an economy anyway as I would have been scratching around for the full entrance fee every week.

TBH if I wanted I could get freebies every week from my brother but I'd rather back the club rather than taking from it.

Partly agree Lincoln, but there are a lot of stayaways and disaffected that post on here too.

Of course times are hard for some (not least myself with two kids and fervently looking for a teaching position) luckily I have an understanding wife who has let me buy a season ticket, but we saw that as an economy anyway as I would have been scratching around for the full entrance fee every week.

TBH if I wanted I could get freebies every week from my brother but I'd rather back the club rather than taking from it.

Mmmm as an educated person that you are Prozac, I am baffled by this. Why would you spend money when you can get freebies every week? Especially when, as you said, you are looking for work.

Mmmm as an educated person that you are Prozac, I am baffled by this. Why would you spend money when you can get freebies every week? Especially when, as you said, you are looking for work.

As I say I prefer to back the club, yes times are hard but I believe that there is no such thing as a free lunch. I know others who take the piss and brag about it. An occasional freebie is ok, but when people are doing it every week it affects the club's income and then when it comes to paying in - those people quickly become reluctant, thus damaging the club further.

Can I buy a Latics baby-gro online?

All the baby clothing is currently sold out... except the bibs in girls colours. However im sure you have a good 5 months to worry about them coming back in!

Put an order in the other day for various teddies and baby sundries. :)

(The Mrs doesnt know yet!)

All the baby clothing is currently sold out... except the bibs in girls colours. However im sure you have a good 5 months to worry about them coming back in!

Don't be fooled, the nefarious Zorrro wants a giant set of latics pyjamas for himself. Oh, and a bib because he stil gums his food.

Fool!!!

The baby clothing is just a front, a means to get an early heads up on births for he who walks backwards.

Our thoughts are with you.

Is there a marketing opportunity here? A £25 season ticket for moaning bastards and it gives no rights to attend matches?

I have thought for a while that there is a place for an away supporters membership which provides programmes in pdf via email and perhaps a post match email provided by the manager to give a unique insight into the club.

If you can and haven't already buy a season ticket. The football was :censored:e lat season we know and has been since late 2008, but despite that over 2,000 others (including me) have backed the club despite a well documented budget cut. If you can't afford a ST please attend as many home games as you can. Buy programmes, buy strike it lucky tickets, a badge, pen anything i'm sure every penny will count this season. Yes the shirts are :censored:e quality but at the end of the day we buy them to support the club, yes we've been taken for granted a little over the last couple of years but the club will be humbler and be grateful for any extra income.

Good post.

Due to location, I can't get to enough home games to justify buying a season-ticket, but your post has moved me to buying a Velour Pitch Towel, Training Shorts and a pint glass online!

Edited by JoeP

Great post prozac.

I've renewed my season ticket and also got one for my 4 year old son, who doesn't know much about footbal yet, but loves Chaddy. A future fan, for the long term like me.

Now is the time for as many of us to back the club to show the one amigo that we want our club to surivive and get back where it belongs.

Dickov will be up for it, and if we get a good start let's hope the fans get behind us, and who knows what we can achieve.

There's a lot of clubs in out league with bigger budgets, more and on paper better players. But we don't play on paper and if we get the spirit that there used to be with the players and the fans we can improve together, and get back to enjoyable football and a winning team.

If you build a pitch (or whatever) they will come.

Well said OAFC. Whatever people might think your enthusiasm is infectious.

I will be accused of patronising you but I do wish that everyone could be this positive.

Don't agree with everything you say at times, but you cannot be faulted with your desire to see the club do well.

Barry

Despite saying this earlier in the day, and being offered free tickets for every home game, I went and ordered my ST not long after writing this.

If it all goes pear shaped, I'll be looking for you Prozac!

Is there a marketing opportunity here? A £25 season ticket for moaning bastards and it gives no rights to attend matches?

I have thought for a while that there is a place for an away supporters membership which provides programmes in pdf via email and perhaps a post match email provided by the manager to give a unique insight into the club.

might have been taking the piss but, you might have a point here the program via email for us away from oldham wouldnt be a bad idea i would buy it! save me waiting 2 weeks for my mum to post hers down.

might have been taking the piss but, you might have a point here the program via email for us away from oldham wouldnt be a bad idea i would buy it! save me waiting 2 weeks for my mum to post hers down.

I took this idea of a DL'able .pdf to them back in 2007.

It is now 2010.

A downloadable program would be a great idea, I've stopped buying the paper copies as they just get in the way at the match and I don't get time to read it when I am there.

I'd happily pay a direct debit to get something emailed to me every home game. Money for old rope for the club too, the overheads on that would be tiny compared to printing the hard copies plus they wouldn't be left with unsold ones if a game is postponed.