Rumours section

I was one of the supporters of the rumours section, and I think it has been a huge success.

Another option, if people really don't like having a separate section for rumours, would be for users to prefix their thread titles with "RUMOUR -".

Personally, I prefer the section. B)

I don't think anyone would post on it though as people don't tend to admit when they're moaning :grin:

Very true!

Problem solved then = no moaning :grin:

Although there might only be 3 posts per day!!

About 77.5% are posts of Royle Army or posts moaning about him :grin:

Perhaps there's a case for a "different ways to use the forum" link somewhere that provides step by step guides, allowing people to tailor it to their own tastes.

If you, or anyone else, wants to write up some 'how to...' guides along these lines please feel free. If I can find the time towards the end of next week I may try and get them done, but I make no promises and would welcome outside help.

Alot of other forums I visit, which are admittedly a bit more general than this, have even more sub forums than OWTB. Mostly because there are members who are only interested in one sub-section (e.g. F1 on a general motorsports board), and those who are potentially interested in everything use 'view new posts' or its equivalent and are happy to sift through.

Based on the requests from members at the time, it made sense (IMO) for the mods to create the rumours sub-section. However it does make little difference to me because I use 'view new posts' and don't moan about the crap I quickly scan over to get to anything interesting.

Also, most forums have a 'moaning' section in the form of something like an "Announcements and Feedback" sub-forum, where the mods can announce any changes to the board and other stuff, and members can post feedback about those changes and anything else. Of course, the standard rule applies - not everyone will get what they want.

If you, or anyone else, wants to write up some 'how to...' guides along these lines please feel free. If I can find the time towards the end of next week I may try and get them done, but I make no promises and would welcome outside help.

Blimey, I have to make excuses now!

The two I'll use are:

1) Just starting a new job, so my head's all over the place.

2) I'm not sure I know my way around the site that well, so may not do the different options justice.

Just click on "View New Posts" and choose what you want to read from there.

Life is easy :) .

I'd much rather have everything on one page rather than flitting about. So thanks O4u I hadn't spotted this particular tool.

I've now set my browser to automatically open this page rather than the "On the terraces" forum page.

I'd much rather have everything on one page rather than flitting about. So thanks O4u I hadn't spotted this particular tool.

I've now set my browser to automatically open this page rather than the "On the terraces" forum page.

CAn I ask how you did that?

I use Links and Tabs for everything, but on the View new posts it does not seem to work the next day, for a reason I have not spent enough time trying to fathom out!

CAn I ask how you did that?

I use Links and Tabs for everything, but on the View new posts it does not seem to work the next day, for a reason I have not spent enough time trying to fathom out!

Didn't do anything amazing.

BTW I'm using the Cometbird browser, a cut down version of Firefox.

I just set the "Get active topics for:" to 1 week bottom right hand corner of page. 'Cos I prefer it that way.

Then as I already had all of my usual "HOME PAGE" tabs up I went into tools - Options (main) and for the Home Page setting I clicked on "Use Current Pages", from then on it opens up in it's own tab whenever I start the browser.