New Playershare Scheme

Perhaps as an incentive player share stakeholders could be offered a percentage of any transfer fee should the player they have invested in be sold.

Who knows, they could hit the jackpot if a new star emerges.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps as an incentive player share stakeholders could be offered a percentage of any transfer fee should the player they have invested in be sold.

Who knows, they could hit the jackpot if a new star emerges.

This involves third party ownership of player so not even considered. Any money made on player goes to the club. After all this is why the scheme started - to support the club.

This involves third party ownership of player so not even considered. Any money made on player goes to the club. After all this is why the scheme started - to support the club.

Your reply was very curt and could have said thanks for the idea.

I may also add the title 'Playershare' indicates 'shares in players' and could be construed as misleading.

Besides that my point was subscribers now pay into the club so the club would in return payback a bonus from any transfer fee.

That may not be acceptable, but please when asking for ideas don't shoot them down and discourage activity from genuine fans.

Edited by BP1960

We are currently formulating ideas for the new scheme which will allow us to save funds that will help Paul Dickov in his quest to improve his squad. If we can help in some small way towards wages or a loan signing it would be great. We acknowledge those few members who joined the scheme the last time around and hope for their continued support.

Circumstances have changed a great deal since we last appealed to fans and I am hopeful that those who are able will join us.

I am currently looking at a scheme that will cost £1 per week with an incentive to join. As with season tickets we are looking to offer a season ticket when we have reached a particular target point with membership.

We are also looking at a monthly prize, not particularly cash, but something worthwhile. I would hope thast by January we would have sufficient funds to help the manager .

Things are fairly flexible at the moment and I have started the thread to give everyone the chance to come forward with any ideas we can consider.

Hope you can help.

Barry

ok

• 1 month later...

Your reply was very curt and could have said thanks for the idea.

I may also add the title 'Playershare' indicates 'shares in players' and could be construed as misleading.

Besides that my point was subscribers now pay into the club so the club would in return payback a bonus from any transfer fee.

That may not be acceptable, but please when asking for ideas don't shoot them down and discourage activity from genuine fans.

No apology from wardlelatic I notice.

Edited by BP1960

oh dear let it go !!

Sorry, but why should I accept off hand remarks in reply when I offered constructive suggestions as requested and no apolgy when asked. It's no way to encourage participation in Latics schemes by myself or anyone else, playershare has lost my money as as result.

Sorry, but why should I accept off hand remarks in reply when I offered constructive suggestions as requested and no apolgy when asked. It's no way to encourage participation in Latics schemes by myself or anyone else, playershare has lost my money as as result.

I just saw the reply as matter of fact. He has a point about third party ownership which could lead to fines and points deductions...

I just saw the reply as matter of fact. He has a point about third party ownership which could lead to fines and points deductions...

It wasn't about the quite valid points he made, it was his curt reply to my genuine suggestion which riled me.

If a message is displayed on this board saying 'your views sought' I wouldn't expect as what I saw was a quite dismissive answer in return.