New Playershare Scheme

To get the word out Barry, I would suggest the club/trust organises for a pull-out flyer/leaflet to be produced with the details of the scheme on it and the club/trust address printed on it for people to send their details and a phone number for people to contact if they have any misconceptions or queries about the scheme before joining.

Get the leaflets in the middle page of all the Chronicle newspapers in the friday edition before the Tranmere and Notts County games this month (maybe even have the flyer in once a week throughout August) and also do the same before the Rochdale home game when interest in the club from the wider public would be higher than normal.

Will join when I find new employment.

Alex

Thanks Alex. Good luck with the job hunting.

Thanks for the points you raise. Events are overtaking me. I did not expect such a good response when I opened the thread. Now we need to get organised for a full promotion.!!!!!!

Barry

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scheme is really a re-launch.

Bak details

Sort Code 16-27-11

Acc. 10176108

We set our sights too high last time and the scheme is being modified slightly. However the monthly prize will still exist via donations and an incentive top join will be announced shortly.

Barry

Once found work again will join.

On the monthly prize draw part though, instead of just prizes from donations, how about whichever person gets drawn, has a few prizes to choose from e.g. training session with the players, free ticket for a cup game ( we never sell out ) etc

Once found work again will join.

On the monthly prize draw part though, instead of just prizes from donations, how about whichever person gets drawn, has a few prizes to choose from e.g. training session with the players, free ticket for a cup game ( we never sell out ) etc

Thanks for the ideas

Barry

To get the word out Barry, I would suggest the club/trust organises for a pull-out flyer/leaflet to be produced with the details of the scheme on it and the club/trust address printed on it for people to send their details and a phone number for people to contact if they have any misconceptions or queries about the scheme before joining.

Get the leaflets in the middle page of all the Chronicle newspapers in the friday edition before the Tranmere and Notts County games this month (maybe even have the flyer in once a week throughout August) and also do the same before the Rochdale home game when interest in the club from the wider public would be higher than normal.

Will join when I find new employment.

Alex

Every idea is good, adn Shef latics yours are good too.

AS I understand it, it is expensive to get the inserts into the Chron, but helpfully a good deal on the leaflets.

It would be interesting to see the difference in costs of a cut out leafler/voucher etc in the Chron vs a flyer inserted by the chron/newsagents.

It should be cheaper to put an article in the chron (would they help?) but suspect you are right Sheff, that it will be cheaper/quicker to dothe flyers.

All brilliant stuff.

Edited by singe

Firstly... Facebook page set up the other day

A minor point and this might just be stupidity on my behalf, but when you say that members will be updated on the progress of the scheme via a newsletter every month is this not just incurring unnecessary costs? Surely if we are to maximise the effectiveness of the scheme we should be limiting all extra costs in running it. In essence won't a certain number of members end up contributing nothing towards the players we intend to sign and instead just cover the costs we incur in running the thing? The postal service has surely had it's day. Email.

I was thinking that it would be an emailed newsletter!

Yep, the newsletter will be by email, www.trustoldham.co.uk and I will also put something on here.

How much is in this fund at the moment?

5 people at £1 each per week = £5

Or are some of them paying more than £1?

Some people have set up a standard order for £1 a week, some £10 a month we have also had some very kind fans who have donated more.

The fund currently had around £4500 and is raising every hour now :wink:

I think this is a great idea.

And I think the Barry and Wardle have been responding magnificently to the suggestions.

The timing is ggood too.

One thing, I'd like tot clarify

It says a Players Share is being launched, exciting developments from a sponsor etc, but then says there is a Trust players scheme already.

CAn I just clarify that, is it up and running and being re-laucnhed or is there a sepearte scheme?

As Barry mentioned this is a re-launch to a scheme set up in 2006

Hi, I'd like to sign up, my bank standing order set up asks for a name. Is this Trust Oldham, or something different?

Tony

The account name is Latic PlayerShare

Please send me the details. I shall peruse the small print :deal2: and set up a d/d. If it includes Trust membership and also improves the squad then it can only be a good idea.

Can't it? :unsure::sign0173:

You will need to set up a Standing Order rather than a DD, this will benefit you more and is the best way for it to work for us.

@Rick/Barry - thought of having some leaflets printed? These could be handed out at the turnstiles at the friendlies/Notts Co games, and left in pubs/shops/etc. Great way to spread the word to the average fan who doesn't read this board.

Yep, we are in the process of getting info available for the first game at Tramps

In principle I am up for this. Is the money going to be ringfenced in a separate bank account to the normal Trust one? I don't want to end up with the money going to pay for another of those grubby tractors. I do think it would be a good idea if someone from outside the Trust (and probably living in England!) could have a hand in it.

The money will be used ONLY to bring a player to the club, the money also will not be used to be an agent.

Perhaps you can set up a dedicated Facebook page Barry, that way the scheme could be advertised for free and friends could invite more friends to share, thus reaching potentially many thousands worldwide to swell the coffers.

FACEBOOK

is it £1 a week or £4 a month?

You can set the standing order up weekly or monthly, we just ask for a minimum of £4 a month

Hi Again, I mentioned this earlier, as has bristolatic, but we need an account name to be able to set up the order.

Cheers, Tony

Latics PlayerShare... Account is at the Oldham Branch of RBS.

All done. Just a thought. Is it possible to Gift Aid this so that the Trust benefits even more? And to those who have pledged whilst looking for work, I wish you all good luck in your search and hope it comes sooner rather than later.

I would rather see us looking to build funds for fighting fund rather than a load of cash to blow on players.

That is a different point and is detracting from the objective of this thread where people are being asked for ideas etc. I am asking for the thread not to go off in a different direction.

Barry

That is a different point and is detracting from the objective of this thread where people are being asked for ideas etc. I am asking for the thread not to go off in a different direction.

Barry

Your views sought

That was my view, sorry if it wasn't the view you was seeking...

Good luck with your scheme...

That was my view, sorry if it wasn't the view you was seeking...

Good luck with your scheme...

How about starting up another thread in regard to a fighting fund or PM barry instead, so he knows your views while a thread is not going off track.

How about starting up another thread in regard to a fighting fund or PM barry instead, so he knows your views while a thread is not going off track.

I made one comment... aka my view... Let it lie and you won't hear anymore from me on the issue...

Like I said, good luck with the scheme...

I know the bank account name's been mentioned in this thread but it would be useful on the FB page too.

Hats off to whoever resurrected this by the way. After last season and despite the exit of our main benefactors, I'm feeling quite chipper Latics-wise at the moment.

Moving swiftly on, is there an initial target of funds?

We are hoping firstly to gain 500 people playing £1 a week each, which would create £2000 a month.

Some people are giving anything from £1 to £3 a week ... so the average donation per person is more than we initially asked for which is fantastic.

The fund we have in place already has people making a pledge to the fund and theese people have done since 2006. That is why we have over £4000 already !

I would like to get to £10,000 and move onwards from there :wink:

I know the bank account name's been mentioned in this thread but it would be useful on the FB page too.

Hats off to whoever resurrected this by the way. After last season and despite the exit of our main benefactors, I'm feeling quite chipper Latics-wise at the moment.

I have added the details you mentioned to the FB page :wink:

Thank you all so far for your very positive ideas and views. Thanks to Ian Gardner for the donation of a computer or part to be drawn for after we recruit 500 members. 1000 members will see a draw for a season ticket (yet to be confirmed by Sub-Committee).

As I say events are moving quicker than we had planned and more formal promotional stuff will come out for your information. Those of you who have joined so far I am so grateful too. I would also thank those who have stated their intentions to join but due to difficulties cannot at the moment. I really wish you well in your quest for a job.

Mike Nuttall, Rick Attwood any myself are involved as the sub-committee re this scheme but I would certain like to recruit two more people from the fan base. I think Leeslover suggested this and I agree with him.

Our initial aim is to reach 1000 members. We can only do this with your help and I would also ask if you could spread the word about. At the Notts County game I would hope to be running a huge campaign on the day and people will be near to turnstiles handing membership forms out. If you can please help with this task we would appreciate it.

Hopefully we will get something into the Chron that will help to spread the message to all those people who do not visit websites or use computers. A story will appear in the press in the not too distant future that will really warm your hearts centred on a fans efforts in helping with this scheme. All will be revealed in due course.

Anyway this was just a summation and I will continue to answer any of your points as you make them.

Barry

PS

Good performance tonight !!!!!!!. Manager was really please at the initial response to the scheme.

We are hoping firstly to gain 500 people playing £1 a week each, which would create £2000 a month.

Some people are giving anything from £1 to £3 a week ... so the average donation per person is more than we initially asked for which is fantastic.

The fund we have in place already has people making a pledge to the fund and theese people have done since 2006. That is why we have over £4000 already !

I would like to get to £10,000 and move onwards from there :wink:

I think that it would be a nice idea to give credit in the initial newsletter to those that have been contributing since 2006. Unless of course, this may prompt them to cancel the SO's they didn't know were still going!

Also, I do think that it would be useful to show how much a weekly contribution is in monthly terms, as I suspect many fans willing to contribute £1 a week will set up their monthly SO at £4 per month, possibly leaving the scheme £4 a year worse off. Extrapolated over the potential subscriber base, this could add up to a substantial amount.