New Playershare Scheme

I think this is a great idea.

And I think the Barry and Wardle have been responding magnificently to the suggestions.

The timing is ggood too.

One thing, I'd like tot clarify

It says a Players Share is being launched, exciting developments from a sponsor etc, but then says there is a Trust players scheme already.

CAn I just clarify that, is it up and running and being re-laucnhed or is there a sepearte scheme?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rick/Barry - thought of having some leaflets printed? These could be handed out at the turnstiles at the friendlies/Notts Co games, and left in pubs/shops/etc. Great way to spread the word to the average fan who doesn't read this board.

In principle I am up for this. Is the money going to be ringfenced in a separate bank account to the normal Trust one? I don't want to end up with the money going to pay for another of those grubby tractors. I do think it would be a good idea if someone from outside the Trust (and probably living in England!) could have a hand in it.

Perhaps you can set up a dedicated Facebook page Barry, that way the scheme could be advertised for free and friends could invite more friends to share, thus reaching potentially many thousands worldwide to swell the coffers.

Edited by BP1960

Going back to day one of the Trust I made a similar suggestion to increase the number of members and this was rejected. I do hope that the Trust starts to listen to good ideas.

I also tried it with Franny Ward but that hit the dust as well. In addition to your suggestion, once you have a core of "payers" challenge each and every one to find one more each year. Do that for a few years and you have a real base of paying suport.

Thank you all for the points you raise I wil try to cover in one reply but please come back if I miss anything. Thius is a seperate account. As many know the playshare scheme was set up a number of years ago with little support (many thought the owners would just bankrolll us) We have kept the account open as a few still pay into it. The fund has a current balance of over £4000.

Rickl is starting to design newsletters for the Trust website and you rightly point out the cost of postage etc makes little sense. Anyway in these days of technology we have moved on hopefully. Thanks Metty, yes we need some flyers and you will remember the days we stood at the turnstiles in the early days.

We need to catch those supporters who do not log in and will know nothing of the scheme. I am looking at other forms of publicity including the Chronicle.

A number of people have already joined by setting up their standing orders with the details in Rick A, post. He has given the account number and sort code.

The account will be kept seperate from all other Trust matters and is there for EVERY fan not just Trust members. Indeed you will see from one idea submitted that those joining will become members of the Trust automatically. I agree with this and will bring it up at the next Trust Meeting. If you want to be considered for the Sub-Committee running the scheme please let me know.

Rick A. is setting a point up on Saturday for people to join and we will have further promotions in place when we get round to it.

Hope this help. Please come back with any further points.

Barry

Perhaps you can set up a dedicated Facebook page Barry, that way the scheme could be advertised for free and friends could invite more friends to share, thus reaching potentially many thousands worldwide to swell the coffers.

I like the idea re facebook etc. Will speak to Rick. Thanks

Barry

Thank you all for the points you raise I wil try to cover in one reply but please come back if I miss anything. Thius is a seperate account. As many know the playshare scheme was set up a number of years ago with little support (many thought the owners would just bankrolll us) We have kept the account open as a few still pay into it. The fund has a current balance of over £4000.

Hope this help. Please come back with any further points.

Barry

Thanks for coming back Barry, it seems this is ready to really take off, much more than the previosu one for reasons you say I suspect.

Can I just come back to the point about the two seperate playershare schemes?

What is the difference? It's not a criticism, I just want to be sure which I will contribute to.

Is there a reason the existing one was not re-launched, do they have different objectives, peopel controlling or where the money goes?

Again, no criticism, just want to understand fully.

Thanks

I like the idea re facebook etc. Will speak to Rick. Thanks

Barry

Me too , but I know not all (especially the older generation sorry guys) use Facebook so be careful not to alienate them by just updating facebook

Thanks for coming back Barry, it seems this is ready to really take off, much more than the previosu one for reasons you say I suspect.

Can I just come back to the point about the two seperate playershare schemes?

What is the difference? It's not a criticism, I just want to be sure which I will contribute to.

Is there a reason the existing one was not re-launched, do they have different objectives, peopel controlling or where the money goes?

Again, no criticism, just want to understand fully.

Thanks

likewise. I have sent an emailasking for info, but the bank details for the new scheme are the same. If the donations go to the same account as already set up that's fine and I will set up my s/o but would appreciate clarification. Sorry if i am missing something obvious here

Brilliant initiative. If it pays just one player's wages that we wouldn't normally affford, it's a success. Count me in. I'll set up a standing order, but I'll need the account name. Sorry if it's already been posted and I have missed it. Just a thought re Facebook; I agree with a previous post that some (me included) could be excluded from updates and would prefer email. How much of a problem would be caused if those who wanted email updates supplied their addresses via PM? I guess someone would have to collate them all into a mailing list. I'm happy to send mine if that's acceptable. So, just the Trust account name, please and I'll set it up now.

Scheme is really a re-launch.

Bak details

Sort Code 16-27-11

Acc. 10176108

We set our sights too high last time and the scheme is being modified slightly. However the monthly prize will still exist via donations and an incentive top join will be announced shortly.

Barry

Bak details

Sort Code 16-27-11

Acc. 10176108

We set our sights too high last time and the scheme is being modified slightly. However the monthly prize will still exist via donations and an incentive top join will be announced shortly.

Barry

Thanks Barry, no problem with that, hugely appreciated. I am sure this will be a great success given the feedback so far.

Anytihng else us fans can do to help?

Bak details

Sort Code 16-27-11

Acc. 10176108

Barry

Hi Again, I mentioned this earlier, as has bristolatic, but we need an account name to be able to set up the order.

Cheers, Tony

Edited by lincoln_latic

To get the word out Barry, I would suggest the club/trust organises for a pull-out flyer/leaflet to be produced with the details of the scheme on it and the club/trust address printed on it for people to send their details and a phone number for people to contact if they have any misconceptions or queries about the scheme before joining.

Get the leaflets in the middle page of all the Chronicle newspapers in the friday edition before the Tranmere and Notts County games this month (maybe even have the flyer in once a week throughout August) and also do the same before the Rochdale home game when interest in the club from the wider public would be higher than normal.

Will join when I find new employment.

Alex

To get the word out Barry, I would suggest the club/trust organises for a pull-out flyer/leaflet to be produced with the details of the scheme on it and the club/trust address printed on it for people to send their details and a phone number for people to contact if they have any misconceptions or queries about the scheme before joining.

Get the leaflets in the middle page of all the Chronicle newspapers in the friday edition before the Tranmere and Notts County games this month (maybe even have the flyer in once a week throughout August) and also do the same before the Rochdale home game when interest in the club from the wider public would be higher than normal.

Will join when I find new employment.

Alex

One leaflet on every seat before every home game?

Or away game, if you get in the ground early enough!

I think we need to get this on the main site with immediate effect Barry because I can think of 3 hardcore Latics fans who would join who dont come on OWTB. We should have it as a main story at least once a week. Apologies if this has already been adressed.

I will also join the scheme because I think its a good idea!