No Eaves in squad for tomorrow!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i may be being a little OTT here but.....

Has no one else thought that the inclusion of McGrath/Bembo just MIGHT be a smokescreen for Tom?

We announce he isn't in the travelling party :wink::wink: meaning any would-be scouts don't come sniffing at the game and also to trick the Trannies - he starts unannounced scaring their manager after seeing him play vs Bolton and he banhs 3 in!

I remember the scenario playing out like this vs MK Dons in Shez's last year, the home game. In the week leading up to it Hughes was rated as pretty much not going to make it and wasn't in the squad prior to the game, started and we know the rest.

just a thought

Edited by shefflatic

i may be being a little OTT here but.....

Has no one else thought that the inclusion of McGrath/Bembo just MIGHT be a smokescreen for Tom?

We announce he isn't in the travelling party :wink::wink: meaning any would-be scouts don't come sniffing at the game and also to trick the Trannies - he starts unannounced scaring their manager after seeing him play vs Bolton and he banhs 3 in!

I remember the scenario playing out like this vs MK Dons in Shez's last year, the home game. In the week leading up to it Hughes was rated as pretty much not going to make it and wasn't in the squad prior to the game, started and we know the rest.

just a thought

:fingers crossed:

I canont find a smiley that is fingers crossed.

Sad to see the club selling talented young players if that proves to be the result of this whole saga. I'd have liked to see Eaves get a few games and show us some of the quality that he's supposed to have, and then leave for a bit more cash in a few years. The only issue with taking the money now is that if we hit paydirt then we would be looking at bringing in £500k at most, which is not enough to make a big difference to the team - it is the sort of money that gets absorbed into the running of the club...

Flip side is that if he fails to make it then any money for him will have been good business. From his perspective though, I would have thought that he may be better getting games at this stage of his development - if he was first choice for us then he'd be making a better footballing choice than reserve team games at Bolton I'd have thought.

To be honest, IF this is true and we have in fact sold Eaves then I am pretty disgusted! I mean come on the club can at least try and fool us into thinking they give two hoots about how well we do this season! Seriously, why not get a year out of him, some goals, and then sell him on in the summer when we MIGHT need the money even more desperately! :(

Seriously, why not get a year out of him, some goals, and then sell him on in the summer when we MIGHT need the money even more desperately! :(

1) Interest is probably accruing on the C£3m owed to Blitz. Reduce debt / reduce interest.

2) His value might drop between now and next summer.

3) He might score as many this season as he scored last season.

4) We seem to have lots of forwards in the squad. Some of them have scored goals in first team competitive matches.

I understand your view. I'd love him to stay, score 30 goals and then sign for Real Madrid for €10m. But it ain't gonna happen.

1) Interest is probably accruing on the C£3m owed to Blitz. Reduce debt / reduce interest.

2) His value might drop between now and next summer.

3) He might score as many this season as he scored last season.

4) We seem to have lots of forwards in the squad. Some of them have scored goals in first team competitive matches.

I understand your view. I'd love him to stay, score 30 goals and then sign for Real Madrid for €10m. But it ain't gonna happen.

1/ Blitz et al may never call in the 3million owed.

2/ Highly unlikely unless he has a shocking season.

3/ Again highly unlikely considering he is 1 year older and is obviously improving all the time.

4/ All of them unproven and/or inconsistent.

I understand your thinking, but in true latics style it is very safe and will only contribute to the slide down the leagues1 If true i'm very very disapointed.

Edited by laticsmad

1/ Blitz et al may never call in the 3million owed.

2/ Highly unlikely unless he has a shocking season.

3/ Again highly unlikely considering he is 1 year older and is obviously improving all the time.

4/ All of them unproven and/or inconsistent.

I understand your thinking, but in true latics style it is very safe and will only contribute to the slide down the leagues1 If true i'm very very disapointed.

I cannot see anyone just writing off 3million.

There's more chance of eaves scroring 5o goals in a season than that.

It's just the deby is much safet with them than the FL or HMRC

He would have done written it off when he left if that was the case

But the slide down the leagues might not happen. We need to see the Dickov team for a while to judge that.

Pay off a 6th of the debt has to be very tempting, and might persuafe Blitz not to call in any more for much longer.

A debt is a debt.