No Eaves in squad for tomorrow!

Perhaps if we played him on Saturday and he performed well or even scored we would get that offer we are waiting for. What's the point in rejecting these bids if we're not going to play him while he is with us. Right now he needs all the game time he can get to try and increase his valuation.

I was looking forward to seeing him bag a couple against the bindippers on Saturday.

Glad he's not, would hate the interest to go away. What a difference 90 mins can make. 15 games last season and not even close to a goal. Now, a hat trick in a pre-season game (where he started as SUB) and he's the next big thing.

Take the money, run, and don't look back.

E4e

STEAD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad he's not, would hate the interest to go away. What a difference 90 mins can make. 15 games last season and not even close to a goal. Now, a hat trick in a pre-season game (where he started as SUB) and he's the next big thing.

E4e

STEAD

Exactly that man! That's a decent example of a player with potential unfulfilled.......

It’s pure potential that’s interesting clubs; coupled with the lads God-given physical attributes. If that ‘potential’ isn’t realised; by him playing games and not doing particularly well; his value will plummet.

We have clubs interested in him now – with all the financial goings on; we should in reality look to get some funds in upfront and some ‘juicey’ add-on’s for later on.

All power to the lad; good luck to him.........and in a positive way; it just might help us to attract even more promising youth players to club; as they can see they might still get noticed by ‘bigger clubs’ as they develop with us.

E4e

STEAD

So you're making the assumption that Eaves is going to end up on the scrap pile based off 15 late sub appearances, in naff team with little service? And a pre-season which has been pretty successful for him? Now you can turn that on its head and say that people based off the above cannot say he's going to become a good player either. But, there's no smoke without fire, he must be doing something to impress these clubs, as well as Tony P for the club to offer him a 5 year deal.What I'm saying is there is more to suggest he will become a good player than end up on the scrap heap. How are we ever going to command decent transfer fees if we don't give our prospects game time to shine? People are speculating about fees now, 300k, 500k, 750k? Suppose we were to keep him until January and he scores 8 or so goals, which would be a good achievement for an 18 year old in his first full season, how much do you think we could command then? Definitely the more towards the 750k mark if not more. It's a risk, but you must take risks to reap the rewards, all the indications are there that he will become a good player, we've got him on the long contract we can choose to settle for a typical amount now, or we can throw the net out and try and bring in a higher fee by giving him the game time and giving him the chance to increase his value.

So you're making the assumption that Eaves is going to end up on the scrap pile based off 15 late sub appearances, in naff team with little service? And a pre-season which has been pretty successful for him? Now you can turn that on its head and say that people based off the above cannot say he's going to become a good player either. But, there's no smoke without fire, he must be doing something to impress these clubs, as well as Tony P for the club to offer him a 5 year deal.What I'm saying is there is more to suggest he will become a good player than end up on the scrap heap. How are we ever going to command decent transfer fees if we don't give our prospects game time to shine? People are speculating about fees now, 300k, 500k, 750k? Suppose we were to keep him until January and he scores 8 or so goals, which would be a good achievement for an 18 year old in his first full season, how much do you think we could command then? Definitely the more towards the 750k mark if not more. It's a risk, but you must take risks to reap the rewards, all the indications are there that he will become a good player, we've got him on the long contract we can choose to settle for a typical amount now, or we can throw the net out and try and bring in a higher fee by giving him the game time and giving him the chance to increase his value.

until some rich arabs come in latics will always sell their best players,goes back years,wayne harrison,denis irwin,earl barrett,scott spencer etc etc,chris taylor only at the club cause of his injurys.For what it's worth i think tom eaves is overated

E4e

STEAD

Yeh when he hit the underside of the bar and it came out was miles away, as were the couple of times he had efforts cleared off the line and that one that hit the post......

until some rich arabs come in latics will always sell their best players,goes back years,wayne harrison,denis irwin,earl barrett,scott spencer etc etc,chris taylor only at the club cause of his injurys.For what it's worth i think tom eaves is overated

:shock::shock:

That is the shinning example of cashing in whilst their value is still firmly marked as 'potential'. He's gone on to do really well hasn't he?

If we'd have kept him; rejected the £200K offer and got him on a 5 year deal - we'd have been saddled with a Wolfy-esq player who people would be bemoaning that we should have sold when we had the chance.......

Now is definately the time to be selling Eaves; whilst clubs are interested and are keen to pay a fee for him....

Sunderland lads were probably signed on the imminent depature of Eaves can't see another stiker arriving.

We have Tounkara, Lewi, Smalley, Brooke, Feeney, Lita & Dickov who can play up top

Lua Lua hopefully will arrive

has Dickov said we are after another player?

+1

M'Voto to have to fight for his place; not walking straight into the side after a day!!

I mostly agree, just wary about the threat of Showunmi. (I know he's rubbish, but...)

Sunderland lads were probably signed on the imminent depature of Eaves can't see another stiker arriving.

We have Tounkara, Lewi, Smalley, Brooke, Feeney, Lita & Dickov who can play up top

Lua Lua hopefully will arrive

Dean Kelly as well

E4e

STEAD

:applause1: Exactly what I was thinking.

taylor is in squad also!!!

This has hardly had a mention today has it? (might have missed it if it has?) All the Eaves stuff has come to fore; but Taylor being in the 20 is a surprise to me.

It seems from a few threads on here that a few are starting to / have already written him off; attitude (needs to get his head right), fitness (always injured) and general commitment (needs to man-up etc)

I happen to think that if he gets over his knocks, he’ll quickly get back to form. I fully expect PD & tags to work with him; and we’ll have a fit & firing Ginger Winger on our books again. And if we get that; it’d be like signing a new player; and a bloody good one at that too.

I’m a bit surprised this hasn’t been being discussed in more detail today TBH.....