England v Pakistan 2nd/3rd/4th Test

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, there's been some inspired bowling from Amir in particular - we're seeing the true Pakistan ability now, the first test didn't so them justice.

However KP went first ball to an utterly stupid shot and we look awfully brittle.

Trott and Prior are in now - maybe the best two - on form - to try and rescue something.

Good job the Convicts are as flaky as us these days. Anything could happen in the Ashes

I think our batting on the flat Australian tracks will be OK but my worry is taking 20 wickets, Anderson can struggle with no swing, Finn still unproven, Broad temperamental, which leaves Swann who will be the key. He is going to have to bowl very well and for long periods.

You only need to take 20 wickets in a match once to win a series (and even then you don't have to take 20 wickets). The difference last time we played them in Convictland was the bowling, they don't have McGrath and Warne this time and their bowling doesn't look anything special. One of their leading bowlers of late is Shane Watson and he is what Boycott would call a buffet bowler whenever he's played us.

If we were playing the Australia of 2007 I'd be agreeing with Punter, 5-0 would be on the cards. But aside from Ponting and Clarke its an entirely new team and they ain't that good.

Trotter and Broady have dragged this game to something slightly above embarrassing, but as someone hilariously pointed out on the BBC: "Trott has defiantly secured his place on the plane for Australia. The way the rest of them are batting he may be able to take his wife and kids."

You only need to take 20 wickets in a match once to win a series (and even then you don't have to take 20 wickets). The difference last time we played them in Convictland was the bowling, they don't have McGrath and Warne this time and their bowling doesn't look anything special. One of their leading bowlers of late is Shane Watson and he is what Boycott would call a buffet bowler whenever he's played us.

If we were playing the Australia of 2007 I'd be agreeing with Punter, 5-0 would be on the cards. But aside from Ponting and Clarke its an entirely new team and they ain't that good.

Do you think? I think our squad is more than capable of matching that Aussie side. Well, when the batters get a bit of form about them. As you say Swann is gonna be key, and I think Trott could be invaluable if he can dig his heel into the crease.

As obvious at it sounds, we need to limit their totals - in each of the 5 Tests, we let them build at least one big total; Swanny's form could do that. Then obviously building better totals. At the moment, we can't bat for nowt.