• Paul Black
    • Ritchie Jones
    • Dale Stephens
    • Dean Furman
    • Lewis Alessandra
    • Warren Feeney
    • Ournare Tounkare
    • Dean Kelly

Brill 8 - did his job most of the time. There was one 6 yard line cross he didn't come for, and I though he lacked communication with Lee over the conceding of the corner that led to their goal. Too many clearnace kicks aimed at Jones who had no plans to win anything all day.

Lee 9 - thought he was great on all evels

Black 9 - one excellent covering tackle and made himself available to get the attck moving

Hazell 9 - captain fantastic. The new Beckenbauer.

Jarrett 8 - lost their no.7 who should have scored with a free header in the first half. Looked composed on the ball most of the time though.

Jones 4 - I thought he had a poor game. Never won a header and poor deliver.

Stephens 9.5 - 0.5 deducted for nearly getting himself sent off. It's not just the goals that make him motm for me, his all round control of the game was excellent.

Furman 9 - great performance, complemented Stephens wonderfully.

Alessandra 9 - always thought he was a talent and his hold up play and guile were evident today. Even if he couldn't win a header due to height, he'd ensure that the challenging defender gave away a throw-in. Should have scored with his second half shot straight at the keeper.

Feeney 8 - worked hard but didn't look totally fit. Will trouble defenders this season.

Tounkare 6 - thought he was clueless first half. More involved second half. Should have scored and how he didn't get the stonewall penalty given is beyond me.

Great team performance with some excellent possession football. I suspect with an established strike partnership there are more goals in this team. Not going to get too excited, as I don't think Tranmere will be troubling the top half of the table this season, but there was certainly a swagger about the play until we went 2-0 up - we lost our composure a little and started hoofing a bit - but Latics have started the season playing good football.

If you don't already have a season ticket because you were fed up of last season's rubbish, I'd suggest you get down to the ticket office and put things right on Monday.

Well done team. Well done Dickov.

Edited by opinions4u

Brill 8 - did his job most of the time. There was one 6 yard line cross he didn't come for, and I though he lacked communication with Lee over the conceding of the corner that led to their goal. Too many clearnace kicks aimed at Jones who had no plans to win anything all day.

Lee 9 - thought he was great on all evels

Black 9 - one excellent covering tackle and made himself available to get the attck moving

Hazell 9 - captain fantastic. The new Beckenbauer.

Jarrett 8 - lost their no.7 who should have scored with a free header in the first half. Looked composed on the ball most of the time though.

Jones 4 - I thought he had a poor game. Never won a header and poor deliver.

Stephens 9.5 - 0.5 deducted for nearly getting himself sent off. It's not just the goals that make him motm for me, his all round control of the game was excellent.

Furman 9 - great performance, complemented Stephens wonderfully.

Alessandra 9 - always thought he was a talent and his hold up play and guile were evident today. Even if he couldn't win a header due to height, he'd ensure that the challenging defender gave away a throw-in. Should have scored with his second half shot straight at the keeper.

Feeney 8 - worked hard but didn't look totally fit. Will trouble defenders this season.

Tounkare 6 - thought he was clueless first half. More involved second half. Should have scored and how he didn't get the stonewall penalty given is beyond me.

Great team performance with some excellent possession football. I suspect with an established strike partnership there are more goals in this team. Not going to get too excited, as I don't think Tranmere will be troubling the top half of the table this season, but there was certainly a swagger about the play until we went 2-0 up - we lost our composure a little and started hoofing a bit - but Latics have started the season playing good football.

If you don't already have a season ticket because you were fed up of last season's rubbish, I'd suggest you get down to the ticket office and put things right on Monday.

Well done team. Well done Dickov.

couple of 9 star rating there, must have been a excellent performance.

couple of 9 star rating there, must have been a excellent performance.

Think he's just a little excitable!! We were really quite ordinary but 3 points and first game an all that, you'd take it.

Rubes for me, all pretty good bar Jones....................poor!!

Voted for Lewi thought he was simply brilliant today, obviously on par with stephens! They were then closley followed by Furman, Feeney, Hazell, Jarrett, Lee, Black. Brill didnt have much to do all afternoon, would have wanted a clean sheet though, finally, the new lad upfront and jones were on par with eachother not poor as such but not good by a long shot. i look forward to seeing Brooke back & possibly eaves if his deal falls through. Think Taylor will find it pretty difficult to make it into that squad!

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Think he's just a little excitable!! We were really quite ordinary but 3 points and first game an all that, you'd take it.

Rubes for me, all pretty good bar Jones....................poor!!

Hey, don't knock excitable!

I don't think we were ordinary.

I think we knocked the ball around at the back superbly (it was like watching a 1970s Liverpool back 4at times :wink: ), rarely resorted to the long ball and some of the midfield interchanges were sublime.

Hey, don't knock excitable!

I don't think we were ordinary.

I think we knocked the ball around at the back superbly (it was like watching a 1970s Liverpool back 4at times :wink: ), rarely resorted to the long ball and some of the midfield interchanges were sublime.

Bugger, i knew i should have got in my seat for the knock about, i missed all the real action :wink:

Stephens for his goals

but Hazell, Jarrett, Black, Furman, Alice, Lee all had good games, only 1 player could single out as not performing very well Jones.

Jones hasn't done particularly well pre season, he seems to prefer lpaying in the centre of midfield.

Jones hasn't done particularly well pre season, he seems to prefer lpaying in the centre of midfield.

has not impressed me on the wing at all, his natural position is in the centre

central midfield looks quite congested to me :blink:

Obviously stephens for his two goals and all round play is the obvious choice, but i've given it to alice.

Thought he had a great game, full of energy and guile. We were a threat down the left.

Jones seemed way off the pace and will struggle to hold down his place on today's showing. Maybe a fully fit taylor or holdsworth would be a better option on the right.

Jury's out on tounkare.....bit cumbersome and didn't look fully fit or motivated to me.

Two goals and he took a swing at Moore....only one winner here, surely....

Alessandra put in his best shift for a while, Hazell stepped up pretty well in Gregan's absence. Black didn't do at all badly either.

I thought he was very decent in pre season tbh. He didn't have a very good game yesterday but not every player can play well in every game. I've no doubt that he'll be a good player for us.

i think a lot of people our bein very excitable. compared to last seasons performances we played well but we played better in at least 2 of the pre season games. i actually thought we were pretty poor didnt realy create that many chances looked a bit scrappy and think the pressure of first game of season with a huge following and growing expectation got to them. the good thing is we played not great yet we still took 3 points. theres alot more to come and if we can keep winning games when not playing well we will do well this season. if i was a tranmere fan i would be very woried they were poor and with moore wanting to go c his daddy again they could be losing there only hope of survival

I thought the first half was quite ordinary with not too much interplay in the middle of the park, but probably just deserved to be ahead at half time. The second half was a vast improvement all through the team, right from the restart there was more purpose about our play, better passing and movement and and I thought we looked pretty good. 2-0 would have been a fairer result than 2-1.

I'd give Tounkare a bit more credit for his second half performance, he grew into the game as it progressed and started causing a few problems. Think he could be an asset. Nice work from Feeney for the second goal.

Gone for Stephens as MOM as he looked quality. Excellent performances too from Alessandra, most of the rest of the team did well and the only player who did look out of sorts was Jones, but it's the first game of the season so I'm not judging yet.

Next weekend will be a bigger test, Notts will be looking to bounce back from their nightmare start and Hughes will be fired up.

I thought he was very decent in pre season tbh. He didn't have a very good game yesterday but not every player can play well in every game. I've no doubt that he'll be a good player for us.

I agree that he looked handy in pre-season. Although he was disappointing on Saturday, it looked like an off-day to me. Luckily, most of the others played very well.

Maybe it was the massive away crowd that made him nervous?

I agree that he looked handy in pre-season. Although he was disappointing on Saturday, it looked like an off-day to me. Luckily, most of the others played very well.

Maybe it was the massive away crowd that made him nervous?

Well he won't have seen an away following like that playing for hartlepool!