Motherwell chairman bleating on SSN

+ about another 4,500

I am glad Motherwell feel well and truly done over.

I also think the football league is wrong to allow him to join Cardiff while City pay his wages, only for the sake of other teams in the same league.............................. but then again as long as Motherwell get their dose, I'm happy!

I must just be thick. Motherwell used a loophole to get a player for free, many other clubs will do the same. Cardiff bought a player and haven't coughed up. For me suggesting that Cardiff are doing ok by :censored: another club over is just wrong, even if it is a club which have done us wrong. Well they didn't really did they, they simply took advantage of a situation.

I must just be thick. Motherwell used a loophole to get a player for free, many other clubs will do the same. Cardiff bought a player and haven't coughed up. For me suggesting that Cardiff are doing ok by :censored: another club over is just wrong, even if it is a club which have done us wrong. Well they didn't really did they, they simply took advantage of a situation.

Rumour has it his agent and Motherwell / Dundee United were plotting well before his contract ended which meant that they would get him for free (in my view thats :censored: us over). They kept him 12 months or so and then sold him for a hefty fee. I hope they get nothing from Cardiff, rightly or wrongly!

I'm sorry you feel that way. Like I said, they used a loophole, tough :censored: on us. Advocating a blatant non payment of a transfer fee is ridiculous.

Whilst it's tempting to go down the route of Karma being a bitch and laugh at Motherwell getting stung; if Cardiff don't end up paying for Quinn; then they've essentially cheated by fielding a player they haven't paid for - and that just isn't on. They should be brought to task over it if they continue to non-pay for the player.

Whilst it's tempting to go down the route of Karma being a bitch and laugh at Motherwell getting stung; if Cardiff don't end up paying for Quinn; then they've essentially cheated by fielding a player they haven't paid for - and that just isn't on. They should be brought to task over it if they continue to non-pay for the player.

I'd agree with your and footy68's comments. Cardiff not paying for Quinn clearly is wrong, BUT in my opinion, it was fairly clear that Porter never intended to play in the Stottish Prem for long - I've personally heard him bitching about having to travel all the way from Wigan to Oldham to do some community work when he wasn't playing due to injury, so to think he was going to move half way up the other end of the country long term was pie in the sky as far as I'm concerned! There's not a :censored: ing hope that he was gonna stay up there for the duration of his contract. Motherwell knew full well that he was worth c£750k and we would and SHOULD have got something for him, be it via a transfer or a tribunal. They knew full well that they could get him for nothing, give him and his scheming agent a nice signing-on fee and make a nice fat wedge on him when they sold him on (I wouldn't put it past them to have had the deal in the bag before he even signed).

What cardiff have done might not be right, but to be claiming the 'moral high ground' as Boyle is doing, is a bit :censored: ing rich in my book.

What goes around comes around, so :censored: 'em! :wink:

I'd agree with your and footy68's comments. Cardiff not paying for Quinn clearly is wrong, BUT in my opinion, it was fairly clear that Porter never intended to play in the Stottish Prem for long - I've personally heard him bitching about having to travel all the way from Wigan to Oldham to do some community work when he wasn't playing due to injury, so to think he was going to move half way up the other end of the country long term was pie in the sky as far as I'm concerned! There's not a :censored: ing hope that he was gonna stay up there for the duration of his contract. Motherwell knew full well that he was worth c£750k and we would and SHOULD have got something for him, be it via a transfer or a tribunal. They knew full well that they could get him for nothing, give him and his scheming agent a nice signing-on fee and make a nice fat wedge on him when they sold him on (I wouldn't put it past them to have had the deal in the bag before he even signed).

What cardiff have done might not be right, but to be claiming the 'moral high ground' as Boyle is doing, is a bit :censored: ing rich in my book.

Is he claiming the moral high ground? Or simple claiming that Cardiff owe them money which they are dragging their feet in paying, whilst at the same time signing a few players from the premier league (one of which is incredibly highly paid).

Screw them. They're absolute trash like most football clubs; they know what they did with Porter was wrong which is why they were so pleased with their bit of business in the aftermath - while Cardiff are undoubtedly in the wrong I despise Porter and Motherwell far more than I could possibly say without being censored. Hope Motherwell fold and Mark McGhee falls into a black pit of despair and lands on a big sharp stick.

My sentiments entirely, like I said its out of order if Cardiff are allowed to get away with it (looks like they have)................. but then again as for Motherwell it couldn't have happened to a nicer club! What goes around comes around!

My sentiments entirely, like I said its out of order if Cardiff are allowed to get away with it (looks like they have)................. but then again as for Motherwell it couldn't have happened to a nicer club! What goes around comes around!

I've read Man City are paying 75% of his £90k p/w wages (67.5 k p/w)

Meaning Cardiff are paying 22.5k.

Two months without Bellamy could pay the £200k they're owed. I'd feel miffed, but as it's M-Well...especially after the £750k for Porter. Two clubs playing the game by the rules in my eyes.

You win some, you lose some.