Charlton vs Latics Post Game Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good point against one of the better teams in the league, can't complain. We had chances to score more, but so did Charlton. A point is a fair result on reflection. They looked very dangerous on the break.

It took us 9 games to get 7 points last season, a huge improvement made. I'm really liking our midfield, always running and linking up nicely with the full backs.

Seven points out of every nine averages out at 107 points.

Win your home games, draw your away games (and win at Tranmere) ... on course for 94 points.

That'll do!

Looking at the stats, possession 50/50, Latics 6 shots on target to Charlton's 2, Tounkare hitting the post twice.

It's hard to draw a negative from this ...

The evening's young. I'm sure someone will.

Incidentally, just had a look at the website in your signature. That frog cuddly toy looks like roadkill. It's terrifying.

The evening's young. I'm sure someone will.

Incidentally, just had a look at the website in your signature. That frog cuddly toy looks like roadkill. It's terrifying.

I'll tell her lol!

She'll be devastated!

(Getting loads of orders though ... not sure if they're for the frog)

EDIT: Just looked ... you have a point pmsl

Edited by opinions4u

From Charlton forum...

"it was ridiculous, never have i hated a team as much as the oldham lot. They were niggly, overly rough, time-wasting, hateful, evil, rage-inducing northerners. Our link up play was excellent, martin wagstaff and reid are a real handful and interchange positions with ease. Abbott just needs to score one and he'll go on and score 15-20 this season. However i have a problem with the backline, jackson doherty llera francis. They're not quick enough. Francis was really poor in my eyes, hoofed every ball, miss many headers and tackles, and got beaten for pace far too many times. If oldham finish in the top 2, i will give up watching football and move to ballet instead. I truly think we will be playoffs at least, we have the footballers and the passion to do it. One last note, the cock that hammered the ball at our bench deserves to be banned for a couple of months, and sodomised with a corner flag"

I'll tell her lol!

She'll be devastated!

(Getting loads of orders though ... not sure if they're for the frog)

EDIT: Just looked ... you have a point pmsl

There's a shop in Liverpool that sells babygros with 'My real daddy is in prison' printed on them. I'm debating whether to get one for my friend who's got a baby on the way, but she's quite posh, and her father-in-law's a very high-ranking civil servant who could probably have me killed, so the scary frog might be safer.

Edited by rosa

From Charlton forum...

"it was ridiculous, never have i hated a team as much as the oldham lot. They were niggly, overly rough, time-wasting, hateful, evil, rage-inducing northerners. Our link up play was excellent, martin wagstaff and reid are a real handful and interchange positions with ease. Abbott just needs to score one and he'll go on and score 15-20 this season. However i have a problem with the backline, jackson doherty llera francis. They're not quick enough. Francis was really poor in my eyes, hoofed every ball, miss many headers and tackles, and got beaten for pace far too many times. If oldham finish in the top 2, i will give up watching football and move to ballet instead. I truly think we will be playoffs at least, we have the footballers and the passion to do it. One last note, the cock that hammered the ball at our bench deserves to be banned for a couple of months, and sodomised with a corner flag"

Brilliant! We never did anything like enough to annoy other teams like that last season! Long may it continue!

From Charlton forum...

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments...p;page=1#Item_0

From Charlton forum...

Laughing out loud in real life haha. Thats pretty funny. Hasn't abbott scored one already :S This guy/girl now hates us. Brilliant. :ranting::grin:

Seven points out of every nine averages out at 107 points.

Win your home games, draw your away games (and win at Tranmere) ... on course for 94 points.

That'll do!

Looking at the stats, possession 50/50, Latics 6 shots on target to Charlton's 2, Tounkare hitting the post twice.

Fantastic result...Tounkare looks as though he's going to have a very successful loan spell with us.

Shame about Jarrett's red card...and no surprise that Abbott failed to score.