Just got a feeling

But I wouldn't be dissapointed if we were stayed up! Anyone else feel like we could surprise a few? I was Penney's biggest critic because the football was :censored: but I have a feeling about Paul Dickov!

I know its early doors, it just feels right!

Yes dickov is already 20streets ahead of penney as far as tactics signings morale and the kitchen sink is concerned BUT the stuff going on behind the scenes is still a greater con#cern for me.All that said i thjink we'll be mid table comfortabley this year,its what happens next that is deffo weighing on my mind tho..

Yes dickov is already 20streets ahead of penney as far as tactics signings morale and the kitchen sink is concerned BUT the stuff going on behind the scenes is still a greater con#cern for me.All that said i thjink we'll be mid table comfortabley this year,its what happens next that is deffo weighing on my mind tho..

Totally agree mate. Its a shame Blitz isn't seeing the good times, and only saw the bad!

well there's nothing you can do about that so why not just enjoy the footballl?

The football ive seen pre-season and this season so far is a hugeeeeeeeee improvement from last year. Actually its beyond an improvement. I hope we get in the play-offs at least to be honest. Keep the faith. And yes. The feel good factor is back!

Three very positive results so far. And, to me, today's is the best of those, even though we were unlucky not to get the win.

But, before a ball was kicked, I would have been happy for us just to stay up this season. I'll stand by that for now. I fear that, if early season form raises expectations too much, then a respectable season might be seen as a huge failure.

Given our budget, gates, Dickov's inexperience, etc., we have no right to expect to be serious promotion contenders. For once, I think we should all just sit back and enjoy whatever comes our way, without building any unreasonable expectations based upon a very decent start to the season.

Three very positive results so far. And, to me, today's is the best of those, even though we were unlucky not to get the win.

But, before a ball was kicked, I would have been happy for us just to stay up this season. I'll stand by that for now. I fear that, if early season form raises expectations too much, then a respectable season might be seen as a huge failure.

Given our budget, gates, Dickov's inexperience, etc., we have no right to expect to be serious promotion contenders. For once, I think we should all just sit back and enjoy whatever comes our way, without building any unreasonable expectations based upon a very decent start to the season.

Yeah i agree... expectations need to be lowered i think

iye7tu.jpg

Nail well and truly hit on the head

I agree mate. Just have a wonder feeling.......... not felt like this for years. I think its to do with the fact that we have a manager and players (most of them young and hungry) who want to do it. The bad vibes last year were not helped by a manager who whenever criticised openly pissed himself to get back at the fans! Mid table but playing good stuff, I will be more than happy with!

Unfortunately not seen only heard as yet but the transformation in spirit/feeling truly amazing. Even at this stage its not unrealistic to dream a little and if we can go to a tough venue like Charlton and battle out a point from a contender why shouldn't we dream and have some success. As posted elsewhere the games v Yeovil and Brizzle are key games as IF visions of a big season have to contribute to PDs vision of fortress Boundary Park. I can live with us not going up if we show the passion and have something to enjoy.

The home form last year was worse than shocking as Dopey Dave hadnt a clue how to manage the individuals involved. Now we have players who are transformed, focussed, together and HAVING to play for a place. DJ, Lewi, Black, Lee, Stephens, Brill take a bow. Furman take a bonus. Chris Taylor was a nailed on starter but now has to perform. Smalley sounded busy when on today and hungry to be in team. Feeney epitomises a Dickov type, Tounkare well have a feeling hes a Jermaine Beckford in making at this level. His cross for Lee last week was measured unlucky not to score 3 or four more so far, yet only his 3rd proper game in England.

My biggest fear is Dickov and Taggart being poached by another club even at this stage. Having said that I think PD is far brighter than the average manager and knows building a good reputation is better long term. I absolutely love the fact we have gone to Charlton and mixed it and annoyed them. I hated Dickov as a player as an annoying little booger but a team with same outlook is excellent. Well done all concerned including away support sounded excellent.

All i can say is roll on sept28th, my wednesday supporting mates at work are getting slightly worried. Pre-season they thought it was a 3 pointer, now they are not so sure. I'll be there to cheer them on anyway

Couldn't agree more.

I would be lying if I wasn't allowing myself to get a bit excited now...

...but very much checking that excitement with the reality of our situation...

Dickov is seriously exceeding expectations right now... and its fecking refreshing change to say that :)

Think i read in another thread you was not attending saturdays game.

Tell that vicar to stop holdin tea partys or bbq's and get down to BP!!!

Also, how many do people expect to be at BP next week?

Am guessing the figure will be around 6,000 (slightly lower or higher)with about 200-400 from Yeovil

Unfortunately not seen only heard as yet but the transformation in spirit/feeling truly amazing. Even at this stage its not unrealistic to dream a little and if we can go to a tough venue like Charlton and battle out a point from a contender why shouldn't we dream and have some success. As posted elsewhere the games v Yeovil and Brizzle are key games as IF visions of a big season have to contribute to PDs vision of fortress Boundary Park. I can live with us not going up if we show the passion and have something to enjoy.

The home form last year was worse than shocking as Dopey Dave hadnt a clue how to manage the individuals involved. Now we have players who are transformed, focussed, together and HAVING to play for a place. DJ, Lewi, Black, Lee, Stephens, Brill take a bow. Furman take a bonus. Chris Taylor was a nailed on starter but now has to perform. Smalley sounded busy when on today and hungry to be in team. Feeney epitomises a Dickov type, Tounkare well have a feeling hes a Jermaine Beckford in making at this level. His cross for Lee last week was measured unlucky not to score 3 or four more so far, yet only his 3rd proper game in England.

My biggest fear is Dickov and Taggart being poached by another club even at this stage. Having said that I think PD is far brighter than the average manager and knows building a good reputation is better long term. I absolutely love the fact we have gone to Charlton and mixed it and annoyed them. I hated Dickov as a player as an annoying little booger but a team with same outlook is excellent. Well done all concerned including away support sounded excellent.

Sorry, but Smalley & Taylor did nothing today! IMO, yes they may have defended with the rest of the team (although smalley didnt want to rush back like the rest) they both seemed clueless going forward...

Sorry, but Smalley & Taylor did nothing today! IMO, yes they may have defended with the rest of the team (although smalley didnt want to rush back like the rest) they both seemed clueless going forward...

if they don't buck up like lewi has they'll be binned

I'd be surprised if there are 5,000 Latics fans there.

Want to be wrong though.

I really hope our lapsed fans return, we've finally got a team that's putting in a shift whilst trying to play attractive attacking football.

The dark penney days are behind us.....i suppose it's a case of how much irreperable damage has been done.

Come on latics fans!..........dig out your colours and come and be entertained :scarf001:

I really hope our lapsed fans return, we've finally got a team that's putting in a shift whilst trying to play attractive attacking football.

The dark penney days are behind us.....i suppose it's a case of how much irreperable damage has been done.

Come on latics fans!..........dig out your colours and come and be entertained :scarf001:

3745 under Sheridan...

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=577990

Damage started long before...but last season knocked it fewer, obviously...

Also people want to remember that season well...16 from first 18pts...then relegation form after that. Early days under Dickov but can't fault the lad. Listened his interview after the Charlton game on CAFC.CO.UK He impresses me more with each interview he does.

Edited by boundaryblue80