Funds for Uncel Dickov?

has paul dickov got no funds to sign new player or any on a bosman because not must has happened with new players coming in.

We have no money to spend on new players.

Especially as money is going to pay the wages of players that Dickov has put on the transfer list and also we will now have less income from the box that is no longer.

I should think that the Eaves money has been soaked up by running costs.

Given this tiny budget we supposedly have we've done well so far to sign who we have, I doubt there's much left for someone else to come in. I guess if he wants to bring any one else in he'll have to get the likes of Worthington, Purdie and Jacobson off the books. I can imagine Worthy will be one of bigger earners at the club his wage alone would probably allow for another decent loan signing.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Next Tuesday is transfer deadline day.

We'll see a number of those transfer listed leave the club, either permanantly or on loan.

If high wages are a problem for potential new clubs, I suspect a deal will be done for Latics to pay departing players a sum of money that ensures they are not worse off for leaving Latics.

Given this tiny budget we supposedly have we've done well so far to sign who we have, I doubt there's much left for someone else to come in. I guess if he wants to bring 11in he'll have to get the likes of Worthington, Purdie and Jacobson off the books. I can imagine Worthy will be one of bigger earners at the club his wage alone would probably allow for another decent loan signing.

+1

We need to get the likes of Fleming, Jacobson, Purdie, Worthington and Lomax off the wage bill asap before we even consider bringing in new faces, although in all honesty I am happy with what we have got at the moment.

+1

We need to get the likes of Fleming, Jacobson, Purdie, Worthington and Lomax off the wage bill asap before we even consider bringing in new faces, although in all honesty I am happy with what we have got at the moment.

33 pro’s isn’t it? Too large for a club like us; on a budget that has been reduced from last season. If; and so far it looks to be a very big if; we can move on Jon Worthington, Joe Jacobsen, Kelvin Lomax and Rob Purdie* (as I doubt we’ll be able to move on Greg Fleming this window due to his injury) then that drops us to 29 pro’s plus the youth lads. That’s a far more manageable number; and with the 4 off the wage bill (& Worthington wage i fully expect to be classed as ‘decent’) it must surely allow some funds to be available should we need to dip into the loan market.

For me though; the question is; who would sign Worthy or Lomax on their recent showings? Who would take JJ or Purdie with their injury records?

I Hope we manage to move them out; but I feel we’ll struggle to do so.

.* as I’ve said on the reserve thread; I’d like to see Purdie given a chance to get some reserve games under his belt and see if he can kick on; he’s the 1 from the listed list who I hope might get a reprieve.

EDIT: Great minds & all that Crusoe! :wink:

Edited by slystallone

33 pro’s isn’t it? Too large for a club like us; on a budget that has been reduced from last season. If; and so far it looks to be a very big if; we can move on Jon Worthington, Joe Jacobsen, Kelvin Lomax and Rob Purdie* (as I doubt we’ll be able to move on Greg Fleming this window due to his injury) then that drops us to 29 pro’s plus the youth lads. That’s a far more manageable number; and with the 4 off the wage bill (& Worthington wage i fully expect to be classed as ‘decent’) it must surely allow some funds to be available should we need to dip into the loan market.

For me though; the question is; who would sign Worthy or Lomax on their recent showings? Who would take JJ or Purdie with their injury records?

I Hope we manage to move them out; but I feel we’ll struggle to do so.

.* as I’ve said on the reserve thread; I’d like to see Purdie given a chance to get some reserve games under his belt and see if he can kick on; he’s the 1 from the listed list who I hope might get a reprieve.

EDIT: Great minds & all that Crusoe! :wink:

Shez?

Penney when employed?

Shez?

Penney when employed?

To be honest; I'm surprised he hasn't come in for him - seemed to be a player Shez always rated; what did he always describe him as; 'a real footballer with a footballing brain'.

Cold hard facts are we really need someone; anyone; to come in and take them off out hands. Anyone got Simon Davey's mobile number????? :wink:

Given this tiny budget we supposedly have we've done well so far to sign who we have, I doubt there's much left for someone else to come in. I guess if he wants to bring 11in he'll have to get the likes of Worthington, Purdie and Jacobson off the books. I can imagine Worthy will be one of bigger earners at the club his wage alone would probably allow for another decent loan signing.

So Paul Black picks up an injury - Jacobson is the natural replacement - agree we have to trim the squad size (33 ff!) but I would look to move one or two others on first.

Also - I would love to see Purdie play one game in an Oldham shirt - but it might be that he simply ain't up to it.

In Dickov we trust. :wink:

So Paul Black picks up an injury - Jacobson is the natural replacement - agree we have to trim the squad size (33 ff!) but I would look to move one or two others on first.

Also - I would love to see Purdie play one game in an Oldham shirt - but it might be that he simply ain't up to it.

In Dickov we trust. :wink:

Ya not think PD would shift Jarrett to LB before starting Jacobson?