Fingers Crossed for this Family !

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is in the wrong section but I just hope that this family have some better look and this little boys is ok !! If anyone on here is related, hope he is ok.. fingers crossed

Boy 2, In Lorry Horror

Me and the missus have been discussing this and this sort of tragedy has been an accident waiting to happen. I'm not saying this is the case but the amount of times I have seen mums, waiting to cross the road on the edge of the kerb with the pram ALREADY in the road, means it was only a matter of time. The fact that article suggests that the buggy took all the impact does also suggest this may have been the case here. Hope the little one recovers. Obviously this is not deliberate on the part of mum just plain ignorance to the possibility of a horrific accident.

Edited by oafcprozac

Me and the missus have been discussing this and tis sort of tragedy has been an accident waiting to happen. I'm not saying this is the case but the amount of times I have seen mums, waiting to cross the road on the edge of the kerb with the pram ALREADY in the road, means it was only a matter of time. The fact that article suggests that the buggy took all the impact does also suggest this may have been the case here. Hope the little one recovers.

Been a moan of mine for 20 years.

Obviously I don't know the facts of this case.

Horrible for everybody involved.

Edited by opinions4u

Me and the missus have been discussing this and this sort of tragedy has been an accident waiting to happen. I'm not saying this is the case but the amount of times I have seen mums, waiting to cross the road on the edge of the kerb with the pram ALREADY in the road, means it was only a matter of time. The fact that article suggests that the buggy took all the impact does also suggest this may have been the case here. Hope the little one recovers. Obviously this is not deliberate just plain ignorance to the possibility of a horrific accident.

Come on little fella, you can pull through...

You have to feel for the lorry driver, his shock will not dissapear over night.

Come on little fella, you can pull through...

You have to feel for the lorry driver, his shock will not dissapear over night.

The Driver, The Mother, The Police on scene, The Paramedics... People at the scene... Horror sight to see and the shock will live with them for years...

The Driver will be haunted every time he gets behind the wheel.

any updates on the lad?

and its true you see mothers or fathers with the pram in the road while they are on the pavement,

its absolutely shocking, i hope people can open their eyes and see that young kids and babies have lost their lives in this way.

Knock me sick seeing this last night :( In my prayers at the moment... :(

Seems like he is going to survive but I just hope there is no long term damage :(

Well obviously I won't be praying. But I can't help but think about how this kind of thing can come about.

I don't have kids, and I probably won't decide on having them either. But even I can fully see that if I am out and about and responsible for a young child, my first priority and chief concern is of that child's safety. Things like this should not be able to happen if that was case in these types of incidents.

It only leads to the conclusion that there are some, if not many individuals, completley unfit to be parents.

i saw it happen, horrible sight, never want to see that happen again

no fault of the driver, the girl didnt look, i think she is from the area so should know that road better

the lane of traffic turning right to go up Ripponden Road have a different traffic light system than the lane of traffic going straight down Huddersfield Road

the lights show red for Ripponden Road while the lights show green to carry on down Huddersfield Road, she has seen the traffic stop and thought it was the same for both lanes

i take my hat off to the emergency services who handled it very well and had the roads open again in practically no time

i saw it happen, horrible sight, never want to see that happen again

no fault of the driver, the girl didnt look, i think she is from the area so should know that road better

the lane of traffic turning right to go up Ripponden Road have a different traffic light system than the lane of traffic going straight down Huddersfield Road

the lights show red for Ripponden Road while the lights show green to carry on down Huddersfield Road, she has seen the traffic stop and thought it was the same for both lanes

i take my hat off to the emergency services who handled it very well and had the roads open again in practically no time

You have to be so careful when pushing a pram... A lot of people simply forget that the pram means they are in the road sooner than they are used to... but at two years old you would imagine she had become use to it ? or maybe complacent... wake up call for all of us parents...

Edited by oafc0000

It only leads to the conclusion that there are some, if not many individuals, completley unfit to be parents.

Maybe a bit harsh... It only takes a second to lose concentration... No one is exempt from doing that...

I will admit around main road is when I certainly switch on though...

Maybe a bit harsh... It only takes a second to lose concentration... No one is exempt from doing that...

I will admit around main road is when I certainly switch on though...

Exactly. How could you not be switched on during these kind of potentially dangerous situations? Even when you on your on your own. If someone is not switched on when there is traffic about they are either careless or incompetent. Either way, totally unfit to be a parent.

Horrible thing to happen, I hope the lad pulls through!

On a side not, I have lost count the number a pedestrian, walker, or Jogger wearing headphones has walked onto a side road in front my car, without so much as a sideways glance either way. A very scary moment for the driver!

I saw this in the paper this morning and it made me take a breath. It sounds like the little one may live though which is a good thing.

I would say this its not the first time this sort of thing will happen, nor is it the last and there was a phrase I remember hearing about on Fighting Talk, by Steve Bunce, I think, a few years ago- "Smart Mums pull", for any parents out there I think its a good thing to remember.

I saw this in the paper this morning and it made me take a breath. It sounds like the little one may live though which is a good thing.

I would say this its not the first time this sort of thing will happen, nor is it the last and there was a phrase I remember hearing about on Fighting Talk, by Steve Bunce, I think, a few years ago- "Smart Mums pull", for any parents out there I think its a good thing to remember.

Pull ? Don't get how you could do that safely..

Best thing you can do is simply stand by the side of the pram and look

Well obviously I won't be praying. But I can't help but think about how this kind of thing can come about.

I don't have kids, and I probably won't decide on having them either. But even I can fully see that if I am out and about and responsible for a young child, my first priority and chief concern is of that child's safety. Things like this should not be able to happen if that was case in these types of incidents.

That's not fair. Every parent of a toddler has encountered some sort of near miss where they've gotten the fright of their lives at what might have happened, due to a momentary lapse in concentration.

I just hope the kid makes a full recovery.