Latics 0-0 Yeovil Town

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheridan Syndrome!

Good away result nullified by a bad home result.

I think Brizzle may very well hand us our first defeat next week unless we can create more opportunities with our possession. Yeovil almost snatched the points, Brizzle are a more attacking threat and Brill can't be doing any more silly shít.

Edited by PlayItLivo

But that's that. If someone offered us the chance to be undefeated with 8 points by the end of August I think we would have all took it.

September is a very tricky month:

Bristol Rovers (H)

Peterborough (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Brighton (A)

Sheffield Wed (A)

If we can muster 6 points from that lot I'll be happy.

But that's that. If someone offered us the chance to be undefeated with 8 points by the end of August I think we would have all took it.

September is a very tricky month:

Bristol Rovers (H)

Peterborough (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Brighton (A)

Sheffield Wed (A)

If we can muster 6 points from that lot I'll be happy.

ALL months are "tricky"...this is a team that is still learning to play together.

Obviously we all hoped for a win today, but I think that last season it would have definitely been a home defeat.

ALL months are "tricky"...this is a team that is still learning to play together.

Obviously we all hoped for a win today, but I think that last season it would have definitely been a home defeat.

Fixture wise we've probably had our easiest month of the season, perhaps second easiest to November.

Some tough away trips coming up and our two home fixtures aren't going to be a walk in the park given that we couldn't break Yeovil down.

Fixture wise we've probably had our easiest month of the season, perhaps second easiest to November.

Some tough away trips coming up and our two home fixtures aren't going to be a walk in the park given that we couldn't break Yeovil down.

How can the first month be the "easiest month of the season" when there's only been four fixtures played and teams haven't settled down into any predictable form? I can't comment on our performance, because I didn't go.

How can the first month be the "easiest month of the season" when there's only been four fixtures played and teams haven't settled down into any predictable form? I can't comment on our performance, because I didn't go.

On paper, look at the teams and find me another month as easy as August or November.

On paper, look at the teams and find me another month as easy as August or November.

Very poor prformance. Brill isn't a goalie and our Wonderful Centre forward from Sunderland is gash. Nothing up front. Nothing in midfield. Defence was OK. Dreary match.

wasnt a classic by any strectch of imagination but its another point,another clean sheet.....

thought a lot of players had off days today,wasnt as free flowing and passing and i admit i was getting frustrated with the long ball stuff....but were bound to have off days and maybe next time we will get punished for it.

chris taylor...pack ya bags kid,your useless,no pace no vision no urgency and why on earth dont you stay on the wing...even taggert shouted to him to get out wide,which he ignored and kept coming in...dickov knows what your about now time to move on...

brill...been playing brilliant lately,had a clanger or two but got away with them...lets hope its the last time he does it...

Sorry, I'm not getting drawn into the argument...teams are still finding their feet and I don't think that 'on paper' is applicable.

Okay then let's go off form. 3 of the teams we've faced are in the bottom 9, 2 of them we played at home. One of which are very strong favourites for relegation, Notts County and Yeovil won't be up to much either.

I don't understand what's hard to grasp, both on paper and form show that we've played 3 of the lesser teams in the division already.

I don't think I can put it in any other way. :huh:

Edited by PlayItLivo

Poor attendance, poor performance.

depends which way ya look at it

4180..160 from them...we sold what 2600 season tickets...so roughly 1500 pay on the gaters....

i agree it wasnt a classic....and off that it certainly wont bring back the stayaways..however i did hear a few people saying this is there first game,and them could see them trying so they will come again...but lets face it,unless were sat top of the league and nailed on to go up attendances wont rise....

Sheridan Syndrome!

I think Brizzle may very well hand us our first defeat next week unless we can create more opportunities with our possession. Yeovil almost snatched the points, Brizzle are a more attacking threat and Brill can't be doing any more silly shít.

The constant underestimation of teams such as Yeovil and brizzle rovers always bemuses me. They have both outplayed us in every game we have played them over the last couple of years. Good footballing teams who always cause us trouble.

Still a fantastic start to the season, and I'll probably take a point next week too...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Chris taylor needs dropping,now.

chris taylor...pack ya bags kid,your useless,no pace no vision no urgency

Second game back from injury? Came closest to scoring twice? Give the lad a break. He didn't offer much, but he was the nearest we had to a match winner today.

Disappointing overall, but Yeovil did their homework and worked us hard.

It was one of those days when the weather was horrible and everything the team tried just didn't come off. It happens and I'm not losing sleep over it.

A couple of criticisms from fans near me, as Latics start knocking the ball around and looking composed: "for f***s sake they think they're effing Arsenal" and "just f***ing hoof it man". Well the more they look like Arsenal the better for me - it didn't happen much today!

This side is definitely better when they keep it on the floor. More of that and less of the hoof next week chaps.

Edited by opinions4u

Biggest positive from that is the 24 scouts who watched Stephens today probably won't be impressed enough to recommend him. :)

Hopefully Dickov won't be satisfied with that and we can keep our standards high.

Apart from his two shots well saved by the keeper Taylor looked lost, but not a much as Smalley who looked totally lost.

Some nice touches from Kelly, he could be the best striker this season.

Stephens was poor, he seems to struggle when the midfield is competitive.

Edited by BP1960

The constant underestimation of teams such as Yeovil and brizzle rovers always bemuses me. They have both outplayed us in every game we have played them over the last couple of years. Good footballing teams who always cause us trouble.

Still a fantastic start to the season, and I'll probably take a point next week too...

Brizzle are on some pretty bad form though. Rumours on their message board that their manager has been sacked. They're all calling for his head. They seem in a bit of disarray, they've only won twice in 13 games from the back end of last season and this season and they've took some huge hammerings on the way. But you're right they always seem to outplay us. I guess next week is as good as any time to play them whilst we're undefeated and they're on a iow.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Brill singlehandedly won us a point. Admittedly he almost lost us the point too.

A couple of cracking saves.

Let's put the disaster down to a mix up in communication with Hazell ... they can share responsibility on that one.

Brill was actually far more assertive coming for crosses today which is good to see - but his distribtuion, not helped by the wind, was woeful.

I'm very disappointed with the result and performance - it was almost like last season, though its the kind of game we'd have lost under Penney.

We definitely missed Jarrett, M'Voto doesn't look confident and it seemed like the midfield (Furman in particular) were dropping deeper to help him out, meaning less bodies forward when we were attacking. Coupled with our general lack of ideas up front, we were probably never going to score today.

Taylor is still a bit off his best but I think he'll get there. He was unlucky not to score and forced two excellent saves from their keeper.

Credit to Yeovil, they didn't roll over like Notts County but I got the impression from their bench and fans that they're very pleased with the point.

Edited by bossrocks