Latics 0-0 Yeovil Town

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on, missing Jarrett and that was the difference for me today. Feeney looked poor and Bembo linked the play much better and Taylor needs to stay out wide because we lacked width with him taking it upon himself to constantly wander inside which left us lop-sided and forever having play down the right. But that's what you get with a team of kids - world beaters one week, average the next. Can't believe some of the criticism on here.

Look who it's coming from though.

no i was first to call taylor last season. however, it is a new season and saying that were only 4 games into the season give the guy a chance for god sake!

the frustration with taylor is his lazt attitude and his half hearted play...lots of times today in the first half he was given the ball,instead of running down the wing and taking someone on he didnt,he either turned back or went inside...hes a winger and wingers get down the flanks n fire crosses over...it got so bad that the full back stopped passing to him because he wouldnt run...

second half again,we get a throw in,you cant be offside from a throw in,acres of space down the left side,he just stood there and didnt make any attempt to move into space...yes he had 2 decent efforts on goal,but overall,his game was very very poor....if he doesnt pull his finger out dickov wont want to know him...taggert today shouted over to him to stay wide...he just looked then ignored him,taggert then turns to dickov and holds his hands up and shrugs his shoulders...

we all know on his day taylor is head and shoulders above most in this league...but his days have been fewer and fewer....yes he has been injured,but so have other players...and they seem to have coped ok.

the frustration with taylor is his lazt attitude and his half hearted play...lots of times today in the first half he was given the ball,instead of running down the wing and taking someone on he didnt,he either turned back or went inside...hes a winger and wingers get down the flanks n fire crosses over...it got so bad that the full back stopped passing to him because he wouldnt run...

second half again,we get a throw in,you cant be offside from a throw in,acres of space down the left side,he just stood there and didnt make any attempt to move into space...yes he had 2 decent efforts on goal,but overall,his game was very very poor....if he doesnt pull his finger out dickov wont want to know him...taggert today shouted over to him to stay wide...he just looked then ignored him,taggert then turns to dickov and holds his hands up and shrugs his shoulders...

we all know on his day taylor is head and shoulders above most in this league...but his days have been fewer and fewer....yes he has been injured,but so have other players...and they seem to have coped ok.

ABSOLUTELY spot on,explained much better than ever could.

IM sick of hearing about how good taylor is on 'his day',when exactly are we going to see 'his day',he has talent im not going to dismiss that,but the lad is in every sense is lacking 'balls',hes a crybaby and a bottle job,others in this league sooon cottoned on to it.

Its a good job there wernt any chris taylors flying spitfires in the Battle of Britain (yes ive just watched it) or we'd all be speaking german..yup that bits a joke,,,i think.

Not sure why people keep saying that it's a game we would have lost last season under Penney. Whilst we hardly scored last year we didn't concede many either, and for me it was a very similar game to last year. Yeovil looked neat and compact but rarely looked liked scoring (until near the end), but then again neither did we.

If Penney was still in charge I'm sure the score would have been the same as last seasons fixture, 0-0.

We missed him because he brings the ball down and puts on the floor to the midfield. I thought Mvoto was either hoofing it to or past the forwards or back to Brill

Totally agree. We were 2 down today. Because we were missing Jarret, Furman had to to help Moto. The midfield were not at the races because of that.

Not sure why people keep saying that it's a game we would have lost last season under Penney. Whilst we hardly scored last year we didn't concede many either, and for me it was a very similar game to last year. Yeovil looked neat and compact but rarely looked liked scoring (until near the end), but then again neither did we.

If Penney was still in charge I'm sure the score would have been the same as last seasons fixture, 0-0.

Agree 100%

This thread shows what tools follow us...

"we would've lost that sort of game under Penney..."

Go look up last seasons results! Idiots...

3rd season in a row we've not scored at home vs Yeovil. Same style of team to find out our weakness...and for the record, the most long ball I've seen in a Latics game for years and years. More so than even Ronnie produced...I'm quite content with a point tonight considering one keeper ended the game with clean gloves and one didnt...

About time some of our lot stopped comparing to last season coz if today becomes the norm...which is more likely than the 3 games before it...you're going to look very very stupid and going to be calling for the next managers head quicker than you can say Galacdickovs!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Disappointing overall, but Yeovil did their homework and worked us hard.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......genius........I've heard this so many times since full-time....

Let me get this right eh....So last season when we drew 0-0, that was absolutely nothing to do with Yeovil....that was due to Dave Penney who is the son of satan and at fault for all including the BP Oil Spill and the floods in Pakistan? But this season, it was all right down to the superb tactics of the same-then manager....

As Paloma Faith says, "Do you want the truth or something beautiful?".....the answer is, it depends who the manager is and what month of the season we're in....

Instead of Yeovil did their homework, let's go to the other end of the spectrum....

We were :censored:e, we long balled it more today than any Latics game seen in years and years (not even Ronnie long balled it like today) simply coz they got in our faces and couldn't live with it. We got taught a few lessons on and off the pitch and had our keeper to thank massively for a point. The one Penney brought in, by the way....

Really is a reality check that today for the deluded. For the realists, it's actually a good earned (or even lucky) point!

Edited by boundaryblue80

The short highlights the football league show shown made it look like it was all us all game! Bet the Yeovil fans that waited up to watch that were abit piss off :lol:

It's got to be something the home club submits I presume...like Charlton showed that we didn't do anything at theirs, yet we had more than enough chances to win. If I was a Yeovil fan, I'd be disgusted with those highlights tonight.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......genius........I've heard this so many times since full-time....

Let me get this right eh....So last season when we drew 0-0, that was absolutely nothing to do with Yeovil....that was due to Dave Penney who is the son of satan and at fault for all including the BP Oil Spill and the floods in Pakistan? But this season, it was all right down to the superb tactics of the same-then manager....

As Paloma Faith says, "Do you want the truth or something beautiful?".....the answer is, it depends who the manager is and what month of the season we're in....

Instead of Yeovil did their homework, let's go to the other end of the spectrum....

We were :censored:e, we long balled it more today than any Latics game seen in years and years (not even Ronnie long balled it like today) simply coz they got in our faces and couldn't live with it. We got taught a few lessons on and off the pitch and had our keeper to thank massively for a point. The one Penney brought in, by the way....

Really is a reality check that today for the deluded. For the realists, it's actually a good earned (or even lucky) point!

Surely them getting in our faces and forcing us to long ball is classed as them doing their homework.

I'll tell you why people aren't blaming the manager this season, it's because the football we have played in the opening 3 games has been good, last season it was dreadful. The Yoevil game couldn't be described as an off day last year because it was like that every week, the way we have played in the last three games wasn't anything like today.

And just another thing, maybe Penney did bring Brill in, but how well did he perform for the majority of last season compared to how he has started this season.

Edited by dec666

Surely them getting in our faces and forcing us to long ball is classed as them doing their homework.

I'll tell you why people aren't blaming the manager this season, it's because the football we have played in the opening 3 games has been good, last season it was dreadful. The Yoevil game couldn't be described as an off day last year because it was like that every week, the way we have played in the last three games wasn't anything like today.

And just another thing, maybe Penney did bring Brill in, but how well did he perform for the majority of last season compared to how he has started this season.

Nah...the football in the first 3 games has been alright. Not "good"...at Tranmere, it was disjointed but enough to beat a poor side. Nothing especially good about it. Notts County, 1st half we were lucky to be going in level at half time. Yeah, 2nd half we played some cracking stuff. I can't comment for Charlton as I didnt make it there. Sounded like we played some good stuff thought.

Point is...which you've obviously missed...why was today classed as Yeovil doing their homework, but that wasn't so last season...it was just that we were a :censored: Penney team? It's one rule for one...one for another. Same old Latics fans...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Nah...the football in the first 3 games has been alright. Not "good"...at Tranmere, it was disjointed but enough to beat a poor side. Nothing especially good about it. Notts County, 1st half we were lucky to be going in level at half time. Yeah, 2nd half we played some cracking stuff. I can't comment for Charlton as I didnt make it there. Sounded like we played some good stuff thought.

Point is...which you've obviously missed...why was today classed as Yeovil doing their homework, but that wasn't so last season...it was just that we were a :censored: Penney team? It's one rule for one...one for another. Same old Latics fans...

But obviously people will blame the manager when we are watching the same :censored: every week, last season we couldn't put it down to an off day. This season we have had a good start, there is no way you can disagree that we have played some good, exciting football in the first 3 games, I went to Charlton and we really deserved to win the game.

Today should be put behind us as a bad day at the office, the first 3 games were nothing like we played today.

Today should be put behind us as a bad day at the office, the first 3 games were nothing like we played today.

I don't disagree...just saying this is more what I expect this season to be like than the honeymoon, siege mentality we've started out with. I've no problem with some of todays comments but it's the comparison to last season vs Yeovil which is the sort of bile our lot come out with...the "we would've lost that" comment about last season is cringeworthy...

Some should look at the stats..."a game we never tried to win under Penney" and "would've lost that last season"...

Take a look at the shot counters.....

2009/10 - Yeovil (h) - http://msn.teamtalk.com/match/109550/stats

2010/11 - Yevoil (h) - http://msn.teamtalk.com/match/216039/stats

I don't disagree...just saying this is more what I expect this season to be like than the honeymoon, siege mentality we've started out with. I've no problem with some of todays comments but it's the comparison to last season vs Yeovil which is the sort of bile our lot come out with...the "we would've lost that" comment about last season is cringeworthy...

Some should look at the stats..."a game we never tried to win under Penney" and "would've lost that last season"...

2009/10 - Yeovil (h) - http://msn.teamtalk.com/match/109550/stats

2010/11 - Yevoil (h) - http://msn.teamtalk.com/match/216039/stats

Yes but when you think about how last season went, surely you can forgive people for getting carried away.

Yes but when you think about how last season went, surely you can forgive people for getting carried away.

Nope...not at all...as they the same idiots who voted last season on here that we'd make the playoffs, top 12 etc. and talked positively in pre-season...that all happened (I've posted on other topics the stuff some came out with in pre-season under Penney)...and it could just as easily again. Will they turn the same? Sadly yes...

I haven't forgiven our lot for lots of things...but I'm the minority, always will be...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Nope...not at all...as they the same idiots who voted last season on here that we'd make the playoffs, top 12 etc. and talked positively in pre-season...that all happened (I've posted on other topics the stuff some came out with in pre-season under Penney)...and it could just as easily again. Will they turn the same? Sadly yes...

I haven't forgiven our lot for lots of things...but I'm the minority, always will be...

It's been a positive start to the season and we are still unbeaten, people may have been positive in pre-season last year but it wasn't a great start to the year with 2 draws and 2 losses in the first 4 games.

I'm not getting carried away but we have played some good stuff and I really don't think today's game means we are suddenly the same as last year.

Happy with our start,4 matches undefeated in the league and a decent performance at Scunthorpe.

Yesterdays match was far from a classic,but a points a point.

Some thoughts on other posts from this thread.

Jarrett is a footballer imo,he doesnt tend to waste the ball....Love Ruben to bits but his passing skills leave a lot to be desired so I can see were the comment on us missing Jarrett comes from.

I agree that this is why the midfield struggled today.

Taylor.......Dissapointing to say the least.

I cant agree with the posts that said we play too much down the right.The number of times Kieran Lee had the ball today and had to pass inside was unbelievable.He had nobody to pass to down the wing because Jones kept coming inside.

Kieran Lee was my man of the match......Won most of his tackles and tried to get involved in most moves.

Kelly had some neat touches when he came on,he looks promising.

Feeney,to early to judge yet but he didn't look very pleased when subbed today.

Brill imo is a lot better than last season.His kicking at times was poor but he controlled his area and as for the mix up at the end I would panic with Ruben running towards me.

The booing.......I never boo the team but reserve the right if they have played shi ite to say it.

Did hear a couple boos near us in the chaddy.

Just occasionally you step over the line in to arrogance.

They did to us exactly what we did to Tranmere and Notts County (and, from what I've heard, Charlton).

Their centre backs and central midfielders out fought/thought our strikers and central midfielders. Yeovil deserved to win.

A lesson for the players and Dickov to learn. I still think we'll finish top half because the will to get forwards was still there. The will to shoot from distance was still there. While there was a lot of long ball, the occasions we kept it on the floor and passed it around we looked very good. There just wasn't enough of it.

So sorry for being a "tool" and an "idiot" for actually enjoying the football so far this season. Even parts of yesterday's game.

Those on target had more venom yesterday.

Edited by opinions4u

Happy with our start,4 matches undefeated in the league and a decent performance at Scunthorpe.

Yesterdays match was far from a classic,but a points a point.

Some thoughts on other posts from this thread.

Jarrett is a footballer imo,he doesnt tend to waste the ball....Love Ruben to bits but his passing skills leave a lot to be desired so I can see were the comment on us missing Jarrett comes from.

I agree that this is why the midfield struggled today.

Taylor.......Dissapointing to say the least.

I cant agree with the posts that said we play too much down the right.The number of times Kieran Lee had the ball today and had to pass inside was unbelievable.He had nobody to pass to down the wing because Jones kept coming inside.

Kieran Lee was my man of the match......Won most of his tackles and tried to get involved in most moves.

Kelly had some neat touches when he came on,he looks promising.

Feeney,to early to judge yet but he didn't look very pleased when subbed today.

Brill imo is a lot better than last season.His kicking at times was poor but he controlled his area and as for the mix up at the end I would panic with Ruben running towards me.

The booing.......I never boo the team but reserve the right if they have played shi ite to say it.

Did hear a couple boos near us in the chaddy.

It's all about opinions...

Jarrett a definite great loss yesterday - missed his calm play and the fact that he does bring the ball out of defence and start many of our moves from the back.

Brill kicking it long was a tactic that just didn't work and we rarely picked up the second ball - but left foot and one cock up with Hazell apart, Brill had another decent game

Lee - had an average game in my opinion - gave the ball away too often - one great run near the end

Taylor - had a decent game until he tired - cutting in from the left is what he is all about - two fabulous shots and many more occasions when he was screaming for the ball and simply ignored

Stephens & Furman - poor games from both - that's where it all went wrong yesterday for me - neither was on his game and it showed

Tounkare - too many fancy flicks - needs to hold the ball up and bring others into play

The rest of the team were okay - just lacking something yesterday

One final thing - and a worry for me - not a single player up field when defending at corners late on - boy do I dislike that tactic :angry:

It's gone now - we are still fourth with another home game to put it right - let's see what we learned from yesterday - you bluessssssssssssssssah! :wink: