Dickov wants a PLAYER and he NEEDS Fans to Help.

spot on. i feel we are rushing this when we clearly do not need another right back.

Unless, of course, Lomax is on his way and (this is pure guesswork) another club is looking at Holdsworth? I'm prepared to be shot down on that.

*dives for cover in an old Brizzle war bunker*

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickov has already transfer-listed Lomax and Holdsworth, they don't figure in his plans so we've only got Kieran Lee at DR who can also play MR.

Dickov has not asked us to fund a player before so I think we should give him the chance. If the Dikaba fails here then playershare fails also. We should trust in Dickov on this one and I'll be signing up.

We aren't in charge of the squad, Dickov is.

Dickov has already transfer-listed Lomax and Holdsworth, they don't figure in his plans so we've only got Kieran Lee at DR who can also play MR.

Dickov has not asked us to fund a player before so I think we should give him the chance. If the Dikaba fails here then playershare fails also. We should trust in Dickov on this one and I'll be signing up.

We aren't in charge of the squad, Dickov is.

Holdsworth isn't transfer listed.

No updates from Barry Owen then? You'd think he would be keen to keep us informed throughout the day.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

That is difficult to say, we have asked for £1 a week, but many have committed to £5 a month or more.

If we had 200 fans paying £2.50 a week / £10 a month, that would pay for this player.

done my bit for this week

sent £10 to the cause.....the player looks quite good and i love watching over lapping full backs..

brings back memories of the barlow and irwin days

good luck latics in getting your man

When i'm trying to set up a standing order its saying that the account number is invalid, ive got account number 10176018 and sort code 16-27-11 are these correct?

Same numbers I used with no problem.

Some Alliance & Leciecester accounts need a 0 before the eight digit account number.

Who do you bank with (send a PM if you'd prefer not to post that on a public forum!).

Same numbers I used with no problem.

Some Alliance & Leciecester accounts need a 0 before the eight digit account number.

Who do you bank with (send a PM if you'd prefer not to post that on a public forum!).

I'm with Royal Bank of Scotland

I really struggle to understand why the fans should help pay for a player. If the club don't have the money to sign him, then don't sign him.

The fans pay for most players one way or another. I don't see how anybody could have a problem with this scheme - it's a transparent, optional fund-raiser with the objective of directly enhancing the squad. Don't see it being particularly successful myself but just take it or leave it - it's not as if the Trust have banged a levy on the ticket price and bent you over a barrel.

Any updates on him hes in squad for tonight

Watch Dikaba's signing announced on the OS about 17:55.

They aren't going to announce his signing until as late as possible so they can get in as many donations as they can. If they announce it now people will think that they don't have to donate 'cause he's already been signed.

Not an expert on how to move the money from one RBS account to another. Fine with a few other banks!

Perhaps give them a call ... the numbers you're using are right.

i'll call into the oldham branch tomorrow, to be honest i keep meaning to move to another bank i've had nothing but problems with them

PlayerShare was set up to help PD and his team bring in a player.

A player has been identified and this is where the fans can help.

Rodrigue Dikaba

0,,10337~8987218,00.jpg

Simon Corney as asked Trust Oldham to help bring Rodrigue to the Club on a full contract after Paul Dickov as made it VERY CLEAR that he wants him in his team.

SC is willing to pay a large percentage (Higher than the percantage asked for from The Trust) of his own money towards the contract and is asking Trust Oldham and the Playershare scheme to pay £500 a week.

This equates to £26,000 a year at at the moment we only have £7,000 with just over 50 people paying into the Fund.

If you are willing to TRUST Paul Dickov and his judgement on this player, this is the perfect time to prove it. £1 a week (or more if you are able) into the scheme or a one off donation will help.

If you would like to donate some money to the fund and recieve ADVERTISMENT in lieu for your company, this can be organised !!!

The club with its current squad CANT afford this player, but with the help of fans and PlayerShare it may just be able too.

This player is wanted by the manager, the funds made on Eaves is not available, that money is being used to support the club were Simon Blitz once did.

If anyone has any questions or wants to support this signing please let me know.

N.B. The club are actively looking for teams for players on the Transfer list, Rodrigue Dikaba is currently training at the club but if not signed tomorrow has been invited to train with 2 different Championship club. Dickov doesnt want to let him go !!!

Link

If Paul Dickov wants this player, and wants the fans to help to get him in, where is the communication from the Manager? Its not like he is shy of communicating to the fans is it? All I have seen is that Simon Corney invests loads into this club :bored: and the Trust thinks we should all cough up.

Perhaps some of the money invested into funding a move from BP to Failsworth would have been better spent on bringing in the right players? Get the product right, and attract people to come and pay through the turnstiles, utilise this money to redevelop Boundary Park like we were promised.

Is the club really that skint, the club has made every single cut back yet they expect the fans to dig deep into there pockets. Do not get me wrong i am all for trusting Dickov and he has got my full 100% backing, but how much longer can fans keep digging into there pockets?

Fans pay £40 for a shirt, money to get into games, beer at the ground, food, programmes and now asked to pay for a player. We are always taught to live and spend within are means does this not apply to Latics?, surly with all the money the club has saved from giving complimentary tickets could pay for this player.

For all those fans who do pay up fairplay not a dig at you just at the club.

Edited by oafctom

If Paul Dickov wants this player, and wants the fans to help to get him in, where is the communication from the Manager? Its not like he is shy of communicating to the fans is it? All I have seen is that Simon Corney invests loads into this club :bored: and the Trust thinks we should all cough up.

Perhaps some of the money invested into funding a move from BP to Failsworth would have been better spent on bringing in the right players? Get the product right, and attract people to come and pay through the turnstiles, utilise this money to redevelop Boundary Park like we were promised.

Ooohhhhhh Controversial!!! :ranting: *

Feckin' spot on and agree 100%

surly with all the money the club has saved from giving complimentary tickets could pay for this player.

Withdrawing complimentary tickets doesn't make money though. You're still relying on the person who would have had the complimentary ticket to attend and paym which now they don't have a free ticket, might not.

Also, is the amount of free tickets they've withdrawn substantial enough to pay for a player? How many more paying attendees are we going to get now that they've stopped giving away free tickets?

They aren't going to announce his signing until as late as possible so they can get in as many donations as they can. If they announce it now people will think that they don't have to donate 'cause he's already been signed.

How late do you want you have 7 minutes

When i'm trying to set up a standing order its saying that the account number is invalid, ive got account number 10176018 and sort code 16-27-11 are these correct?

The correct account number is 10176108...................... the 3&2 last numbers are back to front.