Dickov wants a PLAYER and he NEEDS Fans to Help.

Added to the transfer fees there's been full houses (10k +)

v City, Bolton, Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield etc...(ok cup money is split 3 ways but its still all cash revenue) Not forgetting the bumper pay-cheque v Everton yet we still sold Trotman.

Cup run money in 04/05, 06/07 and 07/08

Tv Money from live games at home to Spurs, Bolton, Blackpool, Leeds,

TV money from Away games at Chasetown, Brentford, Kings Lynn, Blackpool,

Highlights money from the City and Everton games

Live cup games are £100k+

Live league games vary normally about £70k

I thought it was £20k for a home team and £10k for an away team for a league game.

Regardless, the club's bills have, since 2004, exceeded their income by c£3m even with all the "windfalls" you mention.

Judging by the state of the stadium, that £3m hasn't been spent on the ground in any significant way. While some of it may have gone on flying directors in from the USA I think the truth will be that we've paid the players more in wages than the club has earned, and those players have failed to deliver.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the case alex, until we get the statements through we dont know the committment value of the pledge you mention.

Once we get two months statements, we will be able to ascertain what the potential is.

Our main aim is to provide funds, Trust Oldham would only guarantee funds that are committed rather than speculative, that way the club is not put in any financial position it can not manage.

Cotton ? :huh:

A club is not run on one particular factor, multifaceted values of business such as football mean changes occur daily, Arson, player injury, owners leaving.

No Capital expense or budget cant be projected in the above cases.

Forcasting with Oldham Fans is more difficult to determine than explaining the equation to Roberto Carlos 1998 World Cup free kick

Let me try to answer this one for you. No FREE travel as been allocated to Barry to ANY game since his position of Director as been given, unlike EVERY other directors position.

Home games are 'worked' due to the position given - welcoming opposition board members and staff and other duties means a Season tickets isnt purchased, although a ST is bought for other family members.

As for insult ? That comment is strong without full facts being known

just for the record i am not agaisnt the playershare scheme i think its a good idea but not in a position at the minute to contribute. but you have said here that it will take two months to work out what money will be earned regularly. if thats the case why have the fans been asked to try and raise all this money to keep a player with a days notice? after a day you wouldnt no how much was being donated so wouldnt no wether you can offer the club enough to pay the wages of the player.

Its called PlayerSHARE. Let's use Dikaba as an example- the playershare is used to pay a large contribution of his wages (say 50/50), there is no transfer fee. He plays for the club he does, as well as certain people who know more about football than I do, think he might do, some bigger club comes in and buys him for £100k (plus add-ons). What happens to that money- does it go into "running costs" or is it split with the contribution to overall costs made, so 50% goes to Corney to spend how he wants and 50% goes back into the scheme, thus allowing the scheme to probably fund another 2 buys?

Its called PlayerSHARE. Let's use Dikaba as an example- the playershare is used to pay a large contribution of his wages (say 50/50), there is no transfer fee. He plays for the club he does, as well as certain people who know more about football than I do, think he might do, some bigger club comes in and buys him for £100k (plus add-ons). What happens to that money- does it go into "running costs" or is it split with the contribution to overall costs made, so 50% goes to Corney to spend how he wants and 50% goes back into the scheme, thus allowing the scheme to probably fund another 2 buys?

I don't think a third party is allowed to own all or part of a player.

So it's PlayerSubisdy really.

I'm in for £10 a month but it would be nice if the Trust could clarify the points made above as they makes an awful lot of sense.

For me, any excess of transfer fees received should be reinvested into the PlayerShare scheme.

I don't think a third party is allowed to own all or part of a player.

So it's PlayerSubisdy really.

But the trust isn't a third party they own part of the club. This is a large stumbling block, as it appears otherwise in the long run this money is just being thrown into a £3M black hole.

NB. In the list of fees received, didn't we get a large Fitz payoff during TTA tenure? As you say though, through reckless running the club has exceeded their means by far.

"The player share is admirable and I've said once i'm back in work i'll be contributing..."

FFS can't you read? Read the first line of the post! Such head burying in the sand will see the club knackered again come next summer.

I wasn't referring to you!!! don't get your knickers in a twist!!! jesus...

This is not the case alex, until we get the statements through we dont know the committment value of the pledge you mention.

Once we get two months statements, we will be able to ascertain what the potential is.

Our main aim is to provide funds, Trust Oldham would only guarantee funds that are committed rather than speculative, that way the club is not put in any financial position it can not manage.

Cotton ? :huh:

A club is not run on one particular factor, multifaceted values of business such as football mean changes occur daily, Arson, player injury, owners leaving.

No Capital expense or budget cant be projected in the above cases.

Forcasting with Oldham Fans is more difficult to determine than explaining the equation to Roberto Carlos 1998 World Cup free kick

Let me try to answer this one for you. No FREE travel as been allocated to Barry to ANY game since his position of Director as been given, unlike EVERY other directors position.

Home games are 'worked' due to the position given - welcoming opposition board members and staff and other duties means a Season tickets isnt purchased, although a ST is bought for other family members.

As for insult ? That comment is strong without full facts being known

Insult was the word Barry chose to use. I was simply using his parlance

I thought it was £20k for a home team and £10k for an away team for a league game.

Regardless, the club's bills have, since 2004, exceeded their income by c£3m even with all the "windfalls" you mention.

Judging by the state of the stadium, that £3m hasn't been spent on the ground in any significant way. While some of it may have gone on flying directors in from the USA I think the truth will be that we've paid the players more in wages than the club has earned, and those players have failed to deliver.

This is not the argument. The argument is that, given the windfalls, there is a shortfall in the money spent and income for the club. If it is £3m (to use your number), the land the ground is on is worth way more than that. Therefore, once we move and Messrs Blitz, Corney and Gazal sell the land, they make a profit. I'm not criticising them for this, just trying to point out that they are not benefactors but investors.

This is not the argument. The argument is that, given the windfalls, there is a shortfall in the money spent and income for the club. If it is £3m (to use your number), the land the ground is on is worth way more than that. Therefore, once we move and Messrs Blitz, Corney and Gazal sell the land, they make a profit. I'm not criticising them for this, just trying to point out that they are not benefactors but investors.

And a very valid point it is.

I've made my point of what I think to asking fans to pay players' contracts in, as we are constantly told my those lot in charge, the current era.

However, I'm a little confused to how the club, Trust and this scheme interlink.

I do appreciate Barry Owen coming out and being frank. The best way to be I think. Firstly, how exactly do the club and Trust link together? I can obviously see the basic link, but does the Trust have a share in the club etc? Secondly, on these sorts of schemes, is it coming directly from the Trust with the berks nodding eagerly behind Barry, or have they been involved in coming up with it?

If anyone could clear this up it'd help.

Don't we need the money from the BP land in order to finance the new stadium.

If Brass Bank want the money then we wont get a new stadium.

Barry, Wardle, Carl,

Regarding the Playershare, we get the email from info@oldhamathletic.

Could the playershare be advertised in that?

I notice it was branded from Paul Dickov, but now emails from Oldham Athletic

No major issue wuth that, but a choice could be made either Oldham or Paul for a playershare special.

But think it could be efffective to do a big one off with all the details, and then have a Trust section in that email evey week esp playershare?

Edited by singe

Barry, Wardle, Carl,

Regarding the Playershare, we get the email from info@oldhamathletic.

Could the playershare be advertised in that?

I notice it was branded from Paul Dickov, but now emails from Oldham Athletic

No major issue wuth that, but a choice could be made either Oldham or Paul for a playershare special.

But think it could be efffective to do a big one off with all the details, and then have a Trust section in that email evey week esp playershare?

It is something that I have asked for a few times now along with articles on the OS but at the moment they havent been used ????

You seem to have overlooked the fact that they paid £6m or so to buy the land. That means they'd need to sell it for over £9m to make any profit.

You seem to have overlooked the fact that they paid £6m or so to buy the land. That means they'd need to sell it for over £9m to make any profit.

And what they have paid for the LAncaster Clu already

And the fact thet I am sure not all the extra payments were converted into thst £3m debt

So I'd say the figure well be nearer £10m before any profit, and quite possibly more than thst.

The assumption was £2.5m for the land based on the buy back clause from the council that was in the original sale. That's how I got to £6m.

And what they have paid for the LAncaster Clu already

And the fact thet I am sure not all the extra payments were converted into thst £3m debt

So I'd say the figure well be nearer £10m before any profit, and quite possibly more than thst.

That's fine you are entitled to your opinion. I was just trying to build up a picture of what it may be as opposed to throwing a number at it. What is your justification getting to £10m?

I'm not questioning the Player Share scheme, I believe it's a much better prospect than it's previous incarnation. What I am questioning is how the transfer fees made on the three departures can simply be dismissed as being swallowed up by running costs when it has already been highly publicised that the budget for this year is already in place.

Just remembered, aren't we also getting £350,000 from the prem league? So that would be a total of around £445k by transfer fees, and £350k from the prem, so thats £795k this season we are due to get, + revenue.

Surely there is a chunk of the £795k left untouched?