Dickov wants a PLAYER and he NEEDS Fans to Help.

Not an expert on how to move the money from one RBS account to another. Fine with a few other banks!

Perhaps give them a call ... the numbers you're using are right.

Yes right numbers, but in the wrong place. The downloadable leaflet in the playershare thread pinned above have the account number printed wrong.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for any confusion. It was a mistake our end for the second leaflet.

The RIGHT details for people to use are as follows.

Sort Code: 16-27-11

Account: 10176108

paypal - trustoldham2004@googlemail.com

Link

As for the signing, nothing has been mentioned at the moment, I suppose we will hear more after tonights game.

Jason Jarrett wasnt a CB until this season, maybe PD sees this lad in another position??? Dickov does seem to have a talent for seeing players in alternative positions on the pitch???

what ever the outcome of this possible signing, PD knows that the fans back him for and i'm sure he will mentioned something soon.

Yes right numbers, but in the wrong place. The downloadable leaflet in the playershare thread pinned above have the account number printed wrong.

Unbelievable.

Whilst I am a supporter of this scheme (albeit not a financial supporter, yet), I think it's a bit much to try to drum up the 26k worth of pledges in such a short space of time. It's a bloody tall order, if not an impossible one. It may have a negative effect on the whole scheme and may a it look like a failure before it's even been given chance to get 'off the ground'.

And before anyone says it, I know we don't have to raise the whole 26k by today...what we need is a few hundred people signing up to pay a fiver a month. A few hundred in such a short space of time !!

Edited by Yard Dog

Great.

My first payment has gone in to the banking abyss.

I assume there is no such account number for the missing money, so it will eventually get returned to me.

Unbelievable.

Whilst I am a supporter of this scheme (albeit not a financial supporter, yet), I think it's a bit much to try to drum up the 26k worth of pledges in such a short space of time. It's a bloody tall order, if not an impossible one. It may have a negative effect on the whole scheme and may a it look like a failure before it's even been given chance to get 'off the ground'.

And before anyone says it, I know we don't have to raise the whole 26k by today...what we need is a few hundred people signing up to pay a fiver a month. A few hundred in such a short space of time !!

It was never the intention to raise £26 k in a day or so, we gave that figure to show what the target would be for the scheme and to give an example of the type of player that the scheme was intended to used towards.

We made this request to get the response we have so far.... around 15 new participants and over 5 people who are already invloved with making a contribution to add a little extra.

Kindly, 5 people have increased there contribution from £1 a week to £2 and in some cases a little more.

We have also had a fantatsic gesture from a fellow Latic Fan in Germany who has added to the fund twice by PayPal.

The scheme has gone from strength to strength.

Tonight I also had a fan who works on the turnstile donate 2.5p for every person he had pass through his gate last season which added over £70 to the fund.

The schemes intention is to help PD and his team were possible but we are realistic, we wouldnt tell the club we could support a player unless we had the means to do so. The last thing we would want to do is unstabilise anything and put the club in any difficulties.

If anyone has set up a standing order and inputted the wrong details, you will receive a notification from your bank that the transaction has failed. You will not lose any money.

It was a school boy error that the account number was stated wrong, it was read by myself last and I take the responsibility of that, so I personally apologize for any inconvenience caused to anyone who set up their SO with the wrong details.

The scheme can work and it will help the club bring in a player even if it is not the one mentioned in this thread.

This lad seemed ok tonight. His last ditch tackle to stop them going 2 up was brilliant. I think we could have a good one here. I think he could play wide right easily and if Lee got injured drop back.

Anyways, I've already signed up to this, and use my money how you will! Might even up my standing order

Tonight was poor though lol

This lad seemed ok tonight. His last ditch tackle to stop them going 2 up was brilliant. I think we could have a good one here. I think he could play wide right easily and if Lee got injured drop back.

Anyways, I've already signed up to this, and use my money how you will! Might even up my standing order

Tonight was poor though lol

Your right, his first game tonight for us and for a while I would suspect. You could tell that he had played Full Back before. He had flashes of being able to get forward and he showed some pace.

One thing in football is constant, things change daily, if we dont sign this lad there are hundreds out there who are available. :wink:

Your right, his first game tonight for us and for a while I would suspect. You could tell that he had played Full Back before. He had flashes of being able to get forward and he showed some pace.

One thing in football is constant, things change daily, if we dont sign this lad there are hundreds out there who are available. :wink:

Gutted, couldnt update my standing order as its due out tomorrow, so once its out, i will up it to £10 a month instead of £5!

It was never the intention to raise £26 k in a day or so, we gave that figure to show what the target would be for the scheme and to give an example of the type of player that the scheme was intended to used towards.

I didn't say that, did I ?

Wonder if Dickov is looking at any sort other sort of additions maybe off the field assets working alongside a physio or helping the injured players something the club wont allow B)

Paul Butler is looking for assistance with his duties if that is what you mean? This assistance will not be paid for by playershare and wil not cost the Trust any money in situ.

Paul Butler is looking for assistance with his duties if that is what you mean? This assistance will not be paid for by playershare and wil not cost the Trust any money in situ.

ah well thats good to hear truth is i believe when people say Dickov wants to strenghan the team sometimes it can mean off the field help also which is in my eyes a real benefit it can get a key player back to full fitness.

Just returned from tonight's game and read the entire thread.

Thank you to all the new members who have signed up in the last 24 hours. It is really appreciated.

A lot of excellent points have been made regarding the scheme and it really is an individual choice and opinion as to what people think and do about the scheme.

At a few clubs it has been a lifeline these past few seasons, Bournemouth being an example.

Some misunderstanding is clearly evident. My reference in the past to the transfer window was merely an example as to how funds would build towards such a period at a crucial time when managers are seeking out key positions in a drive for promotion or to save relegation.

It is not the case that playershare is retricted for transfer window signings only.

Membership to playershare is not based on moral or judgemental issues and everyone has to make a choice on the principles they hold on the matter.For me it is a simple decision. If extra funds can enhance the squad I would like to think that my small donation has gone some way to helping the club.Others might feel.that they contribute in other ways. Unfortunately there are a rare few who have advocated strongly against this scheme in an effort to put people off, who do not fit into either category. Strangely these are the same people who thought it their right to avail themselves of complimentary tickets or believe they have a right to free entry home or away. Their beliefs in this respect are an insult to the paying supporter and those who help this effort.

Be under no illusion ,the manager is very thankful for our effort to date in trying to help and he is aware that on this occasion the request has come very quickly upon us. The player is operating on a non-contract basis at the moment and we do not know at this stage what is in the pipeline now the window has closed.

I apologise if anyone thought I was being unreasonable on this occasion but I cannot promise the club money that is not there. At least if enough members commit I know what the weekly cashflow will be for future wage commitments. My appeal was meant to accelerate membership to see how viable this or other signings might be.I hope this explains my thoughts behind the appeal.

Once again thank you to all who are helping.

Barry

Unfortunately there are a rare few who have advocated strongly against this scheme in an effort to put people off, who do not fit into either category. Strangely these are the same people who thought it their right to avail themselves of complimentary tickets or believe they have a right to free entry home or away. Their beliefs in this respect are an insult to the paying supporter and those who help this effort.

:blink:

I have only seen four posters say remotely negative things about the scheme none of whom (as far as I know) have receive free tickets do they ?

I have never received free tickets...

I think only BP1960, Lee Sinnott and Slye Stallone who have also said anything removed negative ?

I haven't seen anyone attempting to put people off either. I think its simply airing of opinion...

PlayerShare was set up to help PD and his team bring in a player.

The club with its current squad CANT afford this player, but with the help of fans and PlayerShare it may just be able too.

This player is wanted by the manager, the funds made on Eaves is not available, that money is being used to support the club were Simon Blitz once did.

If anyone has any questions or wants to support this signing please let me know.

Yes I've got a question, a couple actually.

1) If the club CANT afford him why the hell are we trying to sign him, we don't want to end up like Portsmouth!

2) If the money from Eaves is being used to support the club 'as Blitz once did', this means we are already spending too much and need to sell a player for 200k each season (isn't going to happen) to stay afloat. So really need to be offloading before we think of adding.

I have only seen four posters say remotely negative things about the scheme none of whom (as far as I know) have receive free tickets do they ?

I think only BP1960, Lee Sinnott and Slye Stallone who have also said anything removed negative ?

I haven't seen anyone attempting to put people off either. I think its simply airing of opinion...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Don't worry yourself oafc0000 - Barry's comment looks to me (and a few other people) to be directed at me!!

Dave Hudson

Don't worry yourself oafc0000 - Barry's comment looks to me (and a few other people) to be directed at me!!

Dave Hudson

ah so you are the evil one :wink:

You naughty boy :grin:

If this player is really wanted badly enough why doesn't Simon Corney ask the other members of the club board (ie:- the other directors) to put a bit in now and again instead of just himself :wink:

That way the Playershare funds can be built up in readiness for the January Transfer Window.

Dave Hudson

Didn't sound like you was trying to discourage others from contributing... Maybe its just me...

Edited by oafc0000

Membership to playershare is not based on moral or judgemental issues and everyone has to make a choice on the principles they hold on the matter.For me it is a simple decision. If extra funds can enhance the squad I would like to think that my small donation has gone some way to helping the club.Others might feel.that they contribute in other ways. Unfortunately there are a rare few who have advocated strongly against this scheme in an effort to put people off, who do not fit into either category. Strangely these are the same people who thought it their right to avail themselves of complimentary tickets or believe they have a right to free entry home or away. Their beliefs in this respect are an insult to the paying supporter and those who help this effort.

Dave Hudson

Didn't sound like you was trying to discourage others from contributing... Maybe its just me...

I agree. I think you must have misread the comment.