Young Kirk Millar & Irish Latic Watch

on the bench for NI U-21s, 2-0 up v San Marino

Came on in the 56th minute,

meanwhile Feeney played the full 90 mins in NI's shock 1-0 win in Slovenia, running hmself into the ground but never looking a threat, His holding the ball in the corner and lay-off led to the cross for the NI goal.

Edited by oafcprozac

Came on in the 56th minute,

meanwhile Feeney played the full 90 mins in NI's shock 1-0 win in Slovenia, running hmself into the ground but never looking a threat, His holding the ball in the corner and lay led to the cross for the NI goal.

Full 90 minutes run out. More than what we would of given him.

Hopefully the threat will come as he gets more minutes under his belt

So, not only did numerous ex-Latics strikers (O'Grady, Davies, Hughes) score this weekend while we couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, but one of our current players was busy scoring for someone else? :ranting:

Well done to them both. How long is Millar contracted to us for?

So, not only did numerous ex-Latics strikers (O'Grady, Davies, Hughes) score this weekend while we couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, but one of our current players was busy scoring for someone else? :ranting:

Well done to them both. How long is Millar contracted to us for?

IIRC Millar is a second year scholar, so he's contracted to us for another year but if he doesn't get pro terms I'd be highly surprised. After all Eaves was the same last year (I think) and he hadn't played in a game until 6 months later in his development.

EDIT- see Prozac's response. Plus did you forget the score was 1-1?

Edited by rudemedic

IIRC Millar is a second year scholar, so he's contracted to us for another year but if he doesn't get pro terms I'd be highly surprised. After all Eaves was the same last year (I think) and he hadn't played in a game until 6 months later in his development.

He signed a pro-deal just before the summer I believe - 12 months

"Kirk Millar (born 7 July 1992, Belfast) is a Northern Irish football player who plays for Oldham Athletic.

He joined Oldham's Centre of Excellence as a first year scholar in May 2009[2] having previously been at Linfield from the age of ten, progressing to reserve team football at the age of fifteen and then making a first team appearance at the age of sixteen.[3]

He made his Football League debut on 13 March 2010 as a substitute during a 2–2 draw with Wycombe[1] and started his first match for the club on 30 March in a 3–2 defeat against Brentford.[4] He was offered a two year professional contract by Oldham in April 2010, twelve months ahead of his scholarship expiring."

[edit - yeah he did, 2 years actually according to that]

Edited by oafcprozac

I channel- flicked between the England Game and the N.I game; watched big ish chunks of both. Feeney worked his socks off; and was essentially playing up front on his own with how deep David Healey played. It wasn’t until Kyle Lafferty came on that he technically had a strike partner. He worked really hard; but was never a threat at all in any way shape or form.

I’m not knocking the chap at all; but i think we’re seeing the effects of simply not playing much football in the last 18 months. He looks some way off full match fitness; not as pacey as I remember him being when he’s played against us and some way off being our striking solution at present.

Lots more work needed from Warren on the training pitch; because we need him fully fit and ready to go asap really.

Our OS fails to mention that Millar came on shortly into the second half and managed to score

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2144430,00.html

Imbeciles.

Our OS reported yesterday that Millar scored.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2145440,00.html

However, as palmer1 said above, the rarely-wrong Chron reports today:

...Kirk Millar, who (contrary to some reports) did not score for Northern Ireland’s under-21s against San Marino...

:unsure:

The NI FA website shows Grigg as the scorer, not Millar:

http://www.irishfa.com/international/fixtu...uad/2/under-21/

Sky are the imbeciles then.

Our rarely-wrong OS repeated yesterday in the final paragraph that Millar scored.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2146727,00.html

:blink: