Latics 1-1 Bristol Rovers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dowie is a tw*t

He was complimentary about both sides, who he said both had chances and hit the woodwork. Our misses were seemingly our own fault for the most part.

Like Craig Short, it seems he refuses to believe that we're the dog's bollocks. Boooooooo.

Edited by jsslatic

Iain dowie tells it very differently, Bristol Rovers very unlucky not to come away with three points

Chappers and Phil Brown totally disagree on 5Live..........Oldham deserve to win Furman outstanding is their view. seemingly very impressed by our football

Chappers and Phil Brown totally disagree on 5Live..........Oldham deserve to win Furman outstanding is their view. seemingly very impressed by our football

Wasn't Brown at our game t'other day? Does he take his role so serious he actually researched us?!

should have won by far best team 2nd half although bristol should have had upto 3 penalties. unlucky in the end furman was outstanding one or two glimpses of the player taylor used to be aswel. dickov looked rusty

o ye and dean kelly looked very good

Edited by davebuckley06

couldn't go today and the report sounds encouraging but familiar. had the chances but couldn't put them away.

im glad taylor scored, hopefully will give him a bit of confidence and also to see jacobson come on. how did taylor do on the right after everyone was calling for it.

it will be interesting to see how people see the game but we're still unbeaten and third in the league.

couldn't go today and the report sounds encouraging but familiar. had the chances but couldn't put them away.

im glad taylor scored, hopefully will give him a bit of confidence and also to see jacobson come on. how did taylor do on the right after everyone was calling for it.

it will be interesting to see how people see the game but we're still unbeaten and third in the league.

became almost non existent. dikaba or whatever hes called looked good gave us loads of width he hugged the touch line whilst he was on the pitch

I'm pretty disappointed with that tbh, despite loads of pressure Brill still made the more telling saves, our shots were mainly off-target pot-shots - Stephens sneaky free-kick aside. We created sod all in the box and our crossing was pisspoor. That's two weeks on the trot we have been thankful to Brill for us gaining a point.

Having said that, Brizzle were cynical, time-wasting cheating barstewards and the ref despite giving lots of poor decisions grew a pair for the amount of injury time added on. we were better in the middle of the park today, winning more loose balls, winning the ball back and winning the second ball. we were slightly better on the flanks and Taylor looked much more of a threat. Dikaba despite having lots of possession and space, still created very little although the decision to stick Taylor on the right and sub Dikaba halted our momentum. As for the forwards Kelly worked very hard without looking like scoring - he needs to get in the box. Tounkara's miss was awful and he barely won a header all afternoon. Jarrett started slow and was at fault for the goal imo, Mvoto had his best game.

I must say that first twenty minutes is the most lethargic and disjointed we have looked in quite some time, we did well to regain some momentum and dominate in the manner we did.

Brill - Two superb saves, caught out a little for the goal but great awareness by Hoskins

Lee - Tenacious tackling, occasionally caught out, poor crossing and could have scored the goal of the season with a great solo run but halted cynically.

Mvoto - Commanding presence, should be more of a threat in the opposition's box but isn't, looked better on the deck than recently

Jarrett - Started very shakily, regained his composure and improved as the game went on

Black - Similar to Lee but I would like to more of an attacking threat from him

Dikaba - Looked threatening but a poor end product

Stephens - much better more like what we seeing a few weeks ago

Furman - Played much higher up the field and it does make a difference

Taylor - Started poorly, scored a belter and had a go today - much better from our so called Talisman

Tounkara - Was poor tbh, he tried but struggled with poor service

Kelly - Huffed and puffed, kept the ball well but needs to get into the box. Scoring gaols may have been easy in Ireland boy but in England you need to get your arse into the box.

Subs:

The Gaffer - Almost forced an og, got booked not much else

JJ - Hard to judge on a few minutes tried to get balls in but mostly they were poor.

We're still unbeaten but without a goalscorer or a ruthless streak we are going to drop down the table. Four very hard games coming up with three of them away from home. We're good until we get to the 18 yard line, then we panic and either shoot or play a hopeful balls that usually end up in the keeper's hands.

Still positive, but goals win games and we're severely lacking...

Edited by oafcprozac

"I'm pretty disappointed with that tbh, despite loads of pressure Brill still made the more telling saves, our shots were mainly off-target pot-shots - Stephens sneaky free-kick aside. We created sod all in the box and our crossing was pisspoor. That's two weeks on the trot we have been thankful to Brill for us gaining a point."

That summs it up for me as well.

Troubl;e is we didn't create one clear goal attemp, plenty of long range shots, plenty of long crosses, plenty of near misses but I never saw one clever pass that put either the donkey or the Irishman through on goal.

Tunkare is pants. Oh for Viv Halom, Jim Fryatt or Frankie Bunn.

"I'm pretty disappointed with that tbh, despite loads of pressure Brill still made the more telling saves, our shots were mainly off-target pot-shots - Stephens sneaky free-kick aside. We created sod all in the box and our crossing was pisspoor. That's two weeks on the trot we have been thankful to Brill for us gaining a point."

That summs it up for me as well.

Troubl;e is we didn't create one clear goal attemp, plenty of long range shots, plenty of long crosses, plenty of near misses but I never saw one clever pass that put either the donkey or the Irishman through on goal.

Tunkare is pants. Oh for Viv Halom, Jim Fryatt or Frankie Bunn.

I don't think you saw the game then, we created plenty of clear goal attempts.

I don't think you saw the game then, we created plenty of clear goal attempts.

No we created lots of pot shots, how many saves did their keeper save? How many efforts did we have INSIDE the box??? You were watching a different game mate. WE had loads of possession and momentum but did very little with it.

No we created lots of pot shots, how many saves did their keeper save? How many efforts did we have INSIDE the box??? You were watching a different game mate. WE had loads of possession and momentum but did very little with it.

Tounkare late first half, Tounkare early second half, both that he headed wide. Thats just off the top of my head.