neil eardley

Can't understand why people are so keen to slate him. Young lad at Latics who has done well for himself. Yes he got ripped to shreds by Malouda and Cole, hardly the first right back thats had that problem

That's hardly slating him.....just never got some of the comments on here making him out to be a world beater!

IMO he was an adequate full back going forward but defensively very average.

It was his attitude that disappointed me, he'd given up long before half time, wouldn't matter to me if I was 10-0 down, i'd still put myself about against Chelsea and make the most of it.

+1

There was times where he could of easily stuck a foot out to stop a pass, shot or cross... he just didnt seem @rsed! and im not one to slate any1 over anything... but at least give it your all

+1

There was times where he could of easily stuck a foot out to stop a pass, shot or cross... he just didnt seem @rsed! and im not one to slate any1 over anything... but at least give it your all

I disagree with that, i just think he was unable to do anything about the quality forwards he was up against as he was way out of his depth, its not a case of not being arsed.

I hope he's in the Wales team when they play England because Cole knows he has the beating of him every time and not to mention the damage Adam Johnson will do to his confidence.

People need to remember he's still 22 and he's playing his first season in the top division whilst also considering he's up against maybe the best attacking full back in the world and the form player of the EPL in Cashley and Malouda. You could put just about any right back in that Blackpool side and they'd probably get ripped a new one with the amount of attacks they'd have to defend and Chelsea overloading the attack by winning battles everywhere else on the pitch. Forget all that though, herp derp look at Eardley he isn't the best right back in the world and can't stop Florent Malouda with Ashley Cole overlapping derp derp.