trialist striker

Lourenco was quality and scored one of the best goals to ever grace the pitch at bp. I always thought it was a mistake to let him go before his loan ran out. Thats 8 years ago now so I assume he is talking about Fabio's amazing 20 minute cameo under Joe at Cheltenham. He received the ball about 7 or 8 times and was comfotably tackled by the full back he was up against everytime bar one when he tried a stepover got the ball stuck under his feet, fell over and the ball trickled out for a throw in. Must be said though, he did it with real flair.

thats it then...he must be absolutely crap....no wonder he came from chelsea.

From what I remember of opinions at the time, Luís Carlos Lourenço da Silva was regarded as pretty good. One goal in seven league games, yes, but he looked like a real flair player.

All from the bench though if I remember rightly. He picked up a serious injury during his time here and the moment it got cold he did one! :grin:

All from the bench though if I remember rightly. He picked up a serious injury during his time here and the moment it got cold he did one! :grin:

It was was appearing for Latics reserves at Mossley which was probably opened his eyes to English football :shock: