trialist striker

Ricketts is back.. team for saturday..

Gerrard

Mvoto Taggart Gregan

Taylor Furman Duxbury Alessandra

Ricketts Dickov

:D

It's not bull:censored:, about the big lump of :censored: called Ricketts, apparently he's been spotted twice at BP this week,

FFS :ranting:

He didn't score the two goals though, it was a Portuguese lad we've got on trial despite not being able to afford him and him looking very good!

Edited by oafcprozac

So... he's good, unless he's Ricketts, in which case he's not? Eh?

Simple Ricketts blew his chance last time he played for us? this trialist sounds promising however we know very little about him, but would rather we take chance on him than a former has been who is to big for his own boots like Ricketts.

So... he's good, unless he's Ricketts, in which case he's not? Eh?

Yeah....Portuguese striker who we've never really heard of, but has recently scored twice for our reserves or Michael Ricketts who we know is fat, unfit, lazy. crap, etc, honestly I think I'd rather take a chance on the Portuguese player because 1) He's Portuguese and thus he has flair by default and 2) We only know too well the shortcomings of the second choice. Any one who is willing to entertain the idea of re-signing Ricketts either has:

A) A selective memory.

B.) Doesn't have the best interests of the club in mind

C) Doesn't quite grasp how bad Ricketts is and considering we've seen how bad he is first hand they either didn't see him play when he was here, or they did see him play and don't have a clue about football.

I don't like to sound condescending, but damn, I can't fathom how any one, (especially the board with the trouble they had with him last time, and even Dickov who's made a point about not signing crap over the hill players) would even consider Ricketts re-joining. Nobody wants him, Walsall and Tranmere both hastily got rid of him...he's not even found a club in L2 or the BSP. That tells you all you need to know.

I think we need another striker, but we need a pacey forward who gets about the place a bit lively.

Edited by PlayItLivo

See above — I'm in no hurry to see him back (old, slow, bad track record, etc, etc). But I was more curious at the logic that Mister Mystery's two goals only count if he's not Michael Ricketts.

But, carry on, I'm not going to defend the fella given his stellar previous contribution to the team. Nothing to see here.

Yeah....Portuguese striker who we've never really heard of, but has recently scored twice for our reserves or Michael Ricketts who we know is fat, unfit, lazy. crap, etc, honestly I think I'd rather take a chance on the Portugese player because 1) He'a Portuguese and thus he has flair by default and 2) We only know too well the shortcomings of the second choice. Any one who is willing to entertain the idea of re-signing Ricketts either hasL

A) A selective memory.

B.) Doesn't have the best interests of the club in mind

C) Doesn't quite grasp how bad Ricketts and considering we've seen how bad it is first hand they either didn't see him play when he was here, or they did see him play and don't have a clue about football.

I don't like to sound condescending, but damn, I can't fathom how any one, (especially the cboard with the trouble they had with him last time, and even Dickov who's made a point about not signing crap over the hill players) would even consider Ricketts re-joining. Nobody wants him, Walsall and Tranmere both hastily got rid of him...he's not even found a club in L2 or the BSP. That tells you all you need to know.

I think we need another striker, but we need a pacey forward who gets about the place a bit lively.

hmmm not really what about that player we got on loan a few seasons back he was gash !

I take it that am the only one who thouht that Lourenco chap was decent?

I thought he was on about that Fabio Ferreira guy we had on loan from chelsea?

Lourenco was quality and scored one of the best goals to ever grace the pitch at bp. I always thought it was a mistake to let him go before his loan ran out. Thats 8 years ago now so I assume he is talking about Fabio's amazing 20 minute cameo under Joe at Cheltenham. He received the ball about 7 or 8 times and was comfotably tackled by the full back he was up against everytime bar one when he tried a stepover got the ball stuck under his feet, fell over and the ball trickled out for a throw in. Must be said though, he did it with real flair.