How can we get people back?

Theres a thread of people figuring out why people don't go, and another figuring out why people do, so how can we get the people who don't go, to become the ones that do?

i put in another thread, nothing happened at half time yesterday. crossbar challenge or penalty shoot out would at least be something to cheer at half time.

so that's a start, and if there are some decent suggestions on here, maybe the club will read them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a thread of people figuring out why people don't go, and another figuring out why people do, so how can we get the people who don't go, to become the ones that do?

i put in another thread, nothing happened at half time yesterday. crossbar challenge or penalty shoot out would at least be something to cheer at half time.

so that's a start, and if there are some decent suggestions on here, maybe the club will read them.

i seriously doubt doing a crossbar challenge each and every home game would increase our crowds by an extra 2 or 3 thouand do you???

ooooh,20 quid to go watch someone try n hit a crossbar with a ball,or 1 quid on lottery to try n win a million...not rocket science is it.

win the league

plain and simple win the league and get promoted,this season in most of the games we have played 100% better than last season...and had we taken all our chances properly we would be in top 3.

simple fact is were playing better but losing more fans..why????.because were not hitting the back of the net often enough and turning draws into wins.

i seriously doubt doing a crossbar challenge each and every home game would increase our crowds by an extra 2 or 3 thouand do you???

ooooh,20 quid to go watch someone try n hit a crossbar with a ball,or 1 quid on lottery to try n win a million...not rocket science is it.

win the league

plain and simple win the league and get promoted,this season in most of the games we have played 100% better than last season...and had we taken all our chances properly we would be in top 3.

simple fact is were playing better but losing more fans..why????.because were not hitting the back of the net often enough and turning draws into wins.

not on its own, but little things like that might help...

we can't do anything about the football but there are other things that could attract a few fans back

not on its own, but little things like that might help...

we can't do anything about the football but there are other things that could attract a few fans back

You are right... Little things like that do make it more interesting..

I always enjoyed watching the five a side games they used to have on the pitch at half time...

I wonder what would of been yesterdays crowd if the club had done this ten years ago or more...

lose money on revenue by the lads in the RRE who pay the under 16 price and actually attempt to make some atmosphere.

Also the little things do make it more interesting, was always good to see little things going on at HT like the penalty shoot outs, crossbar challenges (especially when someone slips and falls on their backside)

Club could have a few theme games which they can use the lookers for, like a Halloween theme for 30th oct at home against plymouth.. Christmas theme for boxing day game at home against Carlisle.. etc... creates more interest and people will want to get involved more..

No the club is doomed because people like you dont come anymore.. you often say you can afford it etc but cant be bothered.. thats why the club is supposedly doomed..

The club was doomed before I stopped coming, open your eyes :) I really don't have that much power...

So again, you are wrong...

The club was doomed before I stopped coming, open your eyes :) I really don't have that much power...

So again, you are wrong...

one fan doesnt.. but more fans doing the same thing does hold a lot..

and everyone says the club is doomed.. but doomed is a loose word.. everyone has a different view on what it actually means..

their will continually be around 2,000 die hards attending each home game + the odd few hundred that will pay on the gate and the fans who make the odd trip up from wherever they now live..

one fan doesnt.. but more fans doing the same thing does hold a lot..

and everyone says the club is doomed.. but doomed is a loose word.. everyone has a different view on what it actually means..

their will continually be around 2,000 die hards attending each home game + the odd few hundred that will pay on the gate and the fans who make the odd trip up from wherever they now live..

I just noticed you are only 17... You have only ever known this crap...

Lets try this a different way...

Do you not think if the ground was packed with kids for the past ten years that a fair few of them might have stuck around once they got older ? AND that having bums on seats would of still contributed to takings AND maybe made the place more lively...

I expect you to answer no... Like I said, you have only know it to be as awful as it is...

I just noticed you are only 17... You have only ever known this crap...

Lets try this a different way...

Do you not think if the ground was packed with kids for the past ten years that a fair few of them might have stuck around once they got older ? AND that having bums on seats would of still contributed to takings AND maybe made the place more lively...

I expect you to answer no... Like I said, you have only know it to be as awful as it is...

Only 17.. yes.. but have attended almost every single home match for the past 13 years.. apart from Dowie's play off season, season and half under shez, and to an extent under moore what has their been for kids to come back to? give under 12's free.. thats when they get hooked now before they start supporting the bigger teams.. once you get to 12 and you dont support/go to your local team you start supporting teams like Man Ure, no matter what your local team does to try and entice you to watch them instead..

Only 17.. yes.. but have attended almost every single home match for the past 13 years.. apart from Dowie's play off season, season and half under shez, and to an extent under moore what has their been for kids to come back to? give under 12's free.. thats when they get hooked now before they start supporting the bigger teams.. once you get to 12 and you dont support/go to your local team you start supporting teams like Man Ure, no matter what your local team does to try and entice you to watch them instead..

At least I have convinced you on under 12s....

Look at my comments on the other thread for why its now a none starter anyway (at least from my experience)... The good ship Latics sailed many moons ago, long before you was coming and no one has put it right since...

At least I have convinced you on under 12s....

Look at my comments on the other thread for why its now a none starter anyway (at least from my experience)... The good ship Latics sailed many moons ago, long before you was coming and no one has put it right since...

i take it you are refering to the stay aways are not the problem thread where you say about your nephew boundary blues etc..?

Theres only a few poles in the main stand.. easily avoided.. none in the paddock (but that is full of moaners- alot more than what are in the upper) stewards blocking the view as you move down? alright some stewards are big but their not that big.. how about coming to a few games this season and then make a judgement again..?

being honest though.. what could realistically bring you back to a few games this season?

i take it you are refering to the stay aways are not the problem thread where you say about your nephew boundary blues etc..?

Theres only a few poles in the main stand.. easily avoided..

Not when you don't normally sit in there and have bought a ticket from the ticket office (after telling them you will have a kid and you want a good view)...

none in the paddock (but that is full of moaners- alot more than what are in the upper)

Sat in there many moons ago... Problem with there is you get rained on :(

stewards blocking the view as you move down? alright some stewards are big but their not that big..

This was said in relation to a certain steward in the Rochdale Road end I ended up making a complaint about...

how about coming to a few games this season and then make a judgement again..?

What has changed from the 08/09 season ?

being honest though.. what could realistically bring you back to a few games this season?

Nothing...

Not when you don't normally sit in there and have bought a ticket from the ticket office (after telling them you will have a kid and you want a good view)...

Sat in there many moons ago... Problem with there is you get rained on :(

This was said in relation to a certain steward in the Rochdale Road end I ended up making a complaint about...

What has changed from the 08/09 season ?

Nothing...

It doesnt take a genius to move seats a few minutes after the game has started to where their are no poles blocking your views..

You get slightly rained on if that when if you sit on the first few rows..

theres more air of optimism around currently.. well compared to last season anyway.. the football is better than last season.. if you want a more detailed/better answer.. then the answer is to find out for yourself..

A couple of those little things:

1. A sensible smoking policy. They let you smoke at the back of the stand at Peterborough and more or less turn a blind eye at Charlton. I deeply resent paying £20 only to be told by some jobsworth steward, who's only doing his job (not a proper job) that you can't even smoke in an open area away from the stand.

2. Home fans move to the RRE. Why people stick to the Chaddy is beyond me. Brentford fans had no emotional trouble moving to their new stand, they just moved because it's better.

3. Standing areas. I really enjoyed standing at Peterborough.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Strike up a deal with Manchester/Oldham public transport that means if you buy a match-ticket in advance (or have a season ticket) you can use public transport to get to Boundary Park for free.

Add two tabs to each ticket - one for your outward journey, one for your return, that get torn off by the ticket inspector.