Oldham host City Legends day

no harm in making or trying to make it a extra people in day...the one thing i would be issed at if i was a season ticket holder,is that they would get in even cheaper than our season ticket holders..

like i say im of the opinion if i was a season ticket holder,ive already paid so i dont mind,but i bet there are plenty who will.

the only sad thing about it is that we will bend over backwards trying to get extra fans in for a one off occasion,but we cant do it an a weekly or fortnighly basis to try and get our own fans back,thats a bit dissapointing really.

I agree, Just a shame that this is what it has come to.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the club show some thought, and attempt to make some more money and what do some latics fans do?

Slate them! get a life!!

say around 3700 tics (about usual attendance?)

an extra 100 city fans paying £10 = £1000 which will pay at least one players wage for that week?

then if they like what they see.. they might want to come back.. which is were maybe a 5 game ticket can be purchased for £80? (excluding local games)

Yes, the club show some thought, and attempt to make some more money and what do some latics fans do?

Slate them! get a life!!

say around 3700 tics (about usual attendance?)

an extra 100 city fans paying £10 = £1000 which will pay at least one players wage for that week?

then if they like what they see.. they might want to come back.. which is were maybe a 5 game ticket can be purchased for £80? (excluding local games)

I can't see a post where anyone has criticized the club.

How many City fans they expecting to turn up to this?

What a :censored: idea. We'll be lucky to get 20 City fans through the gate.

I don't want anything to do with Citeh anywhere near my club.

I can't see a post where anyone has criticized the club.

The two quotes.. criticised the club?

What about genuine Latics fans who can't usually attend based on the price? Do they get the opportunity to see their team play for an affordable half price, at this match?

Yes. The bring a friend for a fiver option is still on. All they would need to do is ask a season ticket holder. Now I wonder where you can find one of them around here...

"Oh, Hi City fan who haven't been to Boundary Park since 1994, your Premier League allstars not playing today, is that why you're down here? Great, that'll be £10".

"Oh, Hi Oldham fan, you bought the £40 shirt this season? Spent £100s on away trips already? Donated to PlayerShare? Great that'll be £20, cheers."

Edited by PlayItLivo

The two quotes.. criticised the club?

Maybe the first one was a criticism, but not the second I don't want City anywhere near this club to be fair.. It actually cuts me up a bit that we are trying to associate ourselves with them to earn a bit of extra cash.

I just find it very sad that this is what it's come to.. With Corney and co packing their bags I accept there is no other option. It's nothing to be proud of though.

And why is this offer really is completely gimped, it's an attempt to convert City fans to come and watch Oldham. But they're trying to convert fans who have already shelled out like £500 for a season ticket already and seeing their team 2nd in the Premier League, not the armchair fans, the active City fans who attend games and probably enjoy doing so....I wonder where they are going to be on a Saturday afternoon, they'll be watching football, but do you think it's gonna be at Boundary Park? "Come on Billy, we're off to the football.. Man City v Arsenal? Nope, we're off to watch Oldham v Dagenham and Redbridge!"

They couldn't have picked a worse target market for this offer.

Man City season ticket holders, are they serious? Who comes up with this stuff? :lol:

Edited by PlayItLivo

there are about three threads on here calling for under sixteens to be let in for cheaper and for us to appeal to a wider audience like man city if they are away. seems to me like the owners have either read the board or come up with the same ideas. you never know, we could win and one or two of the city fans might come back anotter time, or tell their friends...

My problem will be, if this idea brings in some Citeh fans, any of them turning up in Citeh colours. That shade of blue doesn't belong in our ground.

I'd love to think that any potential fans who come to BP either on the back of this Dickov vs Reid gambit or the 'bring a mate for a fiver' would be entertained with the football on show but I'm not sure it will.

The idea of a packed-to-the-rafters Boundary Park week-in, week-out genuinely excites me but the football being played at the moment isn't going to entice people back.

I'd love to be proven wrong, however.

"Oh, Hi City fan who haven't been to Boundary Park since 1994, your Premier League allstarts not playing today, is that why you're down here? Great, that'll be £10".

"Oh, Hi Oldham fan, you bought the £40 shirt this season? Spent £100s on away trips already? Donated to PlayShare? Great that'll be £20, cheers."

Didnt you the read the bit about bring a friend for £5?

And why is this offer really is completely gimped, it's an attempt to convert City fans to come and watch Oldham. But they're trying to convert fans who have already shelled out like £500 for a season ticket already and seeing their team 2nd in the Premier League, not the armchair fans, the active City fans who attend games and probably enjoy doing so....I wonder where they are going to be on a Saturday afternoon, they'll be watching football, but do you think it's gonna be at Boundary Park? "Come on Billy, we're off to the football.. Man City v Arsenal? Nope, we're off to watch Oldham v Dagenham and Redbridge!"

They couldn't have picked a worse target market for this offer.

Man City season ticket holders, are they serious? Who comes up with this stuff? :lol:

Actually its Plymouth, and Man City are playing away at Wolves on that day,

"Oh, Hi City fan who haven't been to Boundary Park since 1994, your Premier League allstarts not playing today, is that why you're down here? Great, that'll be £10".

"Oh, Hi Oldham fan, you bought the £40 shirt this season? Spent £100s on away trips already? Donated to PlayShare? Great that'll be £20, cheers."

By the same reckoning, no-one should be ever offered admittance for less than the price (£16???) that season-ticket holders pay.

Seems to me to be more evidence of the club being bashed, no matter what they do.

Well, It's Plymouth Argyle and this match bears no significance at all so if we can get some kiddies (and parents who are charged a tenner), a few local C*teh fans and some 'tics fans bringing there mates along for a fiver then we can get some dosh at of this and maybe a full ground. Don't worry about how tinpot it makes us look, apparently Sheff. Wed are selling Vuvuzelas in club colours hahaha.

Ugh, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I suppose it's something the club has to try in order to boost the attendance of what will be a poorly attended match.

But wouldn't it be typical Latics if it wasn't advertised anywhere around Man Citeh's upcoming home games or in their match programme!

Shall we put some posters up in Failsworth? :angry::blush::unsure:

FFS, I know we're skint but show some dignity! Trying to get City fans (most of whom probably view us as the ugly, unwanted step-child of Greater Manchester) to come and see their former heros in our own back yard is about as low as it gets......

Can't we just rob a bank or something instead.

Spot on. You really could not make it up.

By the same reckoning, no-one should be ever offered admittance for less than the price (£16???) that season-ticket holders pay.

Seems to me to be more evidence of the club being bashed, no matter what they do.

For a one off game in a bid to boost the average attendance.. against a team which wont bring that many fans.. for one game.. which they would then pay £20 to attend every other game.. surely worth it if we get an extra 50 fans a game?

FFS, I know we're skint but show some dignity! Trying to get City fans (most of whom probably view us as the ugly, unwanted step-child of Greater Manchester) to come and see their former heros in our own back yard is about as low as it gets......

Can't we just rob a bank or something instead.

:grin: Ring up Mr Dickov and tell him about your plan, meet at Boundary park at 3PM tommorow and bring your balaclava :wink:

:grin: Ring up Mr Dickov and tell him about your plan, meet at Boundary park at 3PM tommorow and bring your balaclava :wink:

Rubbish plan, Would have been better to be outside RBS (i think?) in shaw last week after some thiefs dropped about £69,000 of cash as they tried to escape? :wink:

It's not a matter of slating the club but if you are going to go for initiatives, at least think about what you are trying to achieve. A 'one-off' initiative aimed at Manchester City season ticket holders - how is that going to gain new supporters or entice the stay-awayers? And what does that say to existing supporters being asked to pay full price when these one-offs are being allowed in at a reduced price?

The one thing you can say about the Latics is that we are consistent in our own-goal mentality.

I don't think it's an own goal. It's a good idea. They may come back and watch more games. It's a pity the stadium is no longer a welcoming place.