latics v colchester

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from the game.

1st half:- we was shocking, colchester definately dominated the first half and it was very boring at times. Their right midfielder shat all over evina at times.

2nd half:- We came out looking a brilliant side with some great passing. All it was lackin was a finish.

To be honest, i've took alot of positives out of this game, 2nd half we looked brilliant, i thought kelly made an impact at times and tounkara was let down by a bad shot. jones came out a different player in the 2nd half and put some decent balls into the box.

The ref was one of the worst i've seen in a while. He didn't have a clue at all.

Unbeaten at home, another point, look forward.

Keep the faith.

Back from the game.

1st half:- we was shocking, colchester definately dominated the first half and it was very boring at times. Their right midfielder shat all over evina at times.

2nd half:- We came out looking a brilliant side with some great passing. All it was lackin was a finish.

To be honest, i've took alot of positives out of this game, 2nd half we looked brilliant, i thought kelly made an impact at times and tounkara was let down by a bad shot. jones came out a different player in the 2nd half and put some decent balls into the box.

The ref was one of the worst i've seen in a while. He didn't have a clue at all.

Unbeaten at home, another point, look forward.

Keep the faith.

pretty much sums it up for me, was really pleased with the second half performance, baffled by the officials. furman won everything second half, got on top of perkins and izzet who'd bossed the first half. evina looked good going forward but was getting the run around by vincent who looked a really good winger. good team performance and few negatives for me

I think the comments above summed the game up really well. The Brill kick to Jones routine should be banned though.

Possibly the most inept refereeing performance I've ever seen though.

Colchester player offside ... Furman has possession and charges in to space, then he blows up to give us the free kick? Weird.

2 balls on the pitch - the unused one hoofed out of play - blows up for a drop-ball AFTER the problem has been removed.

On half time, Furman crunched their man, he played on, it was kicked out for a throw-in by their player. Restarted with a free-kick to Colchester?

He also suspended multi-ball for the second half.

Complete idiot.

Edited by opinions4u

Law of averages says if you put that many balls into the box you'll score at least one. That make us below average??

Second half was good entertaining stuff, shame we can't get anyone to put the ball in. And if Taylor put as much effort into his game as he does into his whining he'd be brilliant!

Can't really say anyone let the side down today. Furman just about edged MOM for his battling display. Although Evina hacking down Vincent was worthy of a prize.....

We should of won we played well (especially second half). Colchester play crap football, worst team I've seen at BP this season.

I wouldnt say they were that bad, in the first half they attacked us well, Vincent on the wing looks a decent player and he gave the young Eviva the run around a few times.

In the second half Furman and Stephens got on top of the midfield and Jones become a good outlet on the left which produced a few goalscoring chances.

How the hell did Tounkara put that shot onto the stand roof when the hard work was already done, we definately need a poacher in the mould of Beckett or Hughes because we would have won by 3 or 4 today.

Law of averages says if you put that many balls into the box you'll score at least one. That make us below average??

Second half was good entertaining stuff, shame we can't get anyone to put the ball in. And if Taylor put as much effort into his game as he does into his whining he'd be brilliant!

Can't really say anyone let the side down today. Furman just about edged MOM for his battling display. Although Evina hacking down Vincent was worthy of a prize.....

first half was boring, we missed out the midfield, jones won nothing and switching him to the left was a good move by dickov

second half, we had a go, played it through midfield and all four midfield players had great second halves.

if tounkara can keep his head down and shoot on target, we've got a great player there.

the only thing that second half performance missed was a goal. happy with it and a good defensive display again gaves us another clean sheet.

evina got caught out too many times and vincent was giving him a shocking day

Anybody got a view on whether the goal was offside or not?

Didn't seem it, but I was in the RRE :wink:

I thought he was off and I had a fairly decent view from the mainstand upper. I didn't even stand up I was so certain he was off. I don't thinkthe video will really show it as he'll be out of view when the ball is played. Right decision for me though.

I thought he was off and I had a fairly decent view from the mainstand upper. I didn't even stand up I was so certain he was off. I don't thinkthe video will really show it as he'll be out of view when the ball is played. Right decision for me though.

the linesmen had good games and were pretty sharp. shame the ref was a tosser

Match report on Fishal suggests the offside may have been against Taylor ... who didn't touch the ball.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Match...7~51604,00.html

but was he interfering with play? he went up for the ball so he probably was. tough luck but we had plenty of other chances to put away. ah well, theres always next week

Match report on Fishal suggests the offside may have been against Taylor ... who didn't touch the ball.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Match...7~51604,00.html

I thought they both were, I was in line with play at that point.

Definitely progress made this season, but slightly frustrated we didn't bag all three points once we turned up the heat in the second half. runs were made and gaps were found, but we were missing that bit of class inside the box. Never really got the rub of the green in the areas that mattered but still, never really came away feeling I didn't get value for money.

Whisper it, but slowly and surely Dickov may just be getting the Latics I know and love back. We're certainly not for off a very good team, albeit very youthful. We'll give some team a right battering this season sometime.