Matchday experience

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am keen to hear peoples ideas on how we could improve the matchday experience at games.

Whilst we certainly cant do everything and some things are beyond our control what would you like to see or do that would improve it.

[/quote)

A supply of pies that last past half-time!

I am keen to hear peoples ideas on how we could improve the matchday experience at games.

Whilst we certainly cant do everything and some things are beyond our control what would you like to see or do that would improve it.

Get the kids playing 6 aside games at half-time. Give us summat to gawp at, and summat to cheer. We used to always have kiddies playing at the break then it stopped. Bring it back I say.

Oh and naked half-time scores reading would be a winner!

Foxy boxing???

More pre-match and HT entertainment!

Crossbar challenge, penalty shootout between some kids, 7-aside for local schools in a small tournament that lasts about 2 home games, (2 games at ht each game), something along those lines,

Oh, and more pies :grin:

Would be great if we could get a response that doesnt start with "We can't do that because...."

I personally think the attention to the little things help a bit. Some suggestions for me would be

Pre game and half time entertainment

I personally think the crossbar challenge was always fun to watch. The prize doesn't have to be huge, something like a 50 quid voucher for the club shop?

Goal music

I remember my first season as a ST holder, 1995/1996. James Brown "I feel good" was played every time Latics scored, and definitely got the crowd going a bit. The reintroduction of goal music would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

Would be great if we could get a response that doesnt start with "We can't do that because...."

I personally think the attention to the little things help a bit. Some suggestions for me would be

Pre game and half time entertainment

I personally think the crossbar challenge was always fun to watch. The prize doesn't have to be huge, something like a 50 quid voucher for the club shop?

Goal music

I remember my first season as a ST holder, 1995/1996. James Brown "I feel good" was played every time Latics scored, and definitely got the crowd going a bit. The reintroduction of goal music would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

There isn't any goal music? Bring back James Brown!!!

Goal music? There is no excuses there!

Wasnt it another cost cutting excersise because we have to pay for the music. We done so much cost cutting from big (knocking down lookers) to small like this one and scoreboard etc that it might have saved the club a few pounds on the end of year speadsheets but has had a negatiive effect on fans attending or returning

free flowing, attacking, goal laden, promotion winning football

I've not had any personal experience of this myself but I hear the stewards over-zelous approach to crowd control is having a negative effect in some parts of BP! They do seem to be over the top! Anybody care to comment?

agree wholeheartedly

they cause more trouble than they prevent

can't wait for the day someone makes a citizens arrest of one of them - hopefully the one with the white hair and glasses :ranting:

I've not had any personal experience of this myself but I hear the stewards over-zelous approach to crowd control is having a negative effect in some parts of BP! They do seem to be over the top! Anybody care to comment?

I think the fans can be just as bad if not worse. Particulary next to the away fans for example. They have a negative effect on me. Anyways back on subject...

I think the fans can be just as bad if not worse. Particulary next to the away fans for example. They have a negative effect on me. Anyways back on subject...

When fan/s, is trying to start a chant, is told to sit down I do think this has a negative effect on the matchday atmosphere. Plus mate, if that one area bothers you then, I hasten to add, perhaps you should move seats.

Edited by laticsmad

When fan/s, is trying to start a chant, is told to sit down I do think this has a negative effect on the matchday atmosphere. Plus mate, if that one area bothers you then, I hasten to add, perhaps you should move seats.

I already have, the problems are still there though.

I already have, the problems are still there though.

I don't get it Macca, if the young supporters want to try and raise the roof with chanting and a little verbal sparing wirh the away supporters what exactly is the problem? I for one think that it is great and should be embraced, not subdued by the stewards!!

Edited by laticsmad