Matchday experience

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worse that ever happened was the rochdale road end being given to the home fans. I used to go in the chaddy and stand not far away from the so called "chaddy choir"... The majority of the ground would sit down and quietly watch the game, occasionally choking on a bit of pie (you seemed able to buy one back then) when something went down on the field. The much criticised "chaddy choir" (yeah, what a bunch of morons, standing and singing) used to inject some life into the day giving me a chance to stand up and sing the odd song.

When the RRE opened it seemed the majority of this group moved to there. Last time I went it resulted in pitch battles with stewards and some stubborn fans as these so called "chavs" (I like to call them full paid up fans or better still working class youngsters - god forbid they might dare go to the football *rolls eyes) did what has been going on in football stadiums since I was a wee lad and gave the other fans a mouth full, who of course responded in kind. I stood it out until I started bringing my little nephew at which point I had to move so he could see. That area of the ground seems to be spend more time battling stewards than actually singing and creating an atmosphere. Which kind of brought everything down.

While trying to find the best place I could sit with him I tried out the chaddy again and boy had it changed. Without the "chaddy choir" it was bloody dead...

Anyway, to sum up my point... Two factors have lessened the match day experience among others I have mentioned, allowing fans into the RRE and the overall attacking by authorities to sterile the match day experience.

What got me thinking about going to the football on a Saturday as a kid is all but dead. And the saddest part for me is that the majority of fans who still go seem to want that sterile experience.

bin saying that for a while opening the RRE for home fans is killing the atmosphere and affecting the genral match experience. surely giving away fans the small section of RRE and leaving the big section closed would save money on stewarding, electric and policing etc. and then with the chaddy and main stand full there would be a much better atmosphere and might encourage more poeple to go to the game once there is a buzz back

bin saying that for a while opening the RRE for home fans is killing the atmosphere and affecting the genral match experience. surely giving away fans the small section of RRE and leaving the big section closed would save money on stewarding, electric and policing etc. and then with the chaddy and main stand full there would be a much better atmosphere and might encourage more poeple to go to the game once there is a buzz back

The Main Stands always near enough full anyway and there's never been an atmosphere really in there

i agree about atmoshphere,however the club as always got it wrong when they did it....there is nothing wrong with the rre stand,much better view,newer better facilities you can have a bet and a pint and at some point some food(ran out of pies again at half time saturday)...

the trick the club missed was moving all home fans wholesale to the rre...by allowing fans to be present in all three sections of the ground,we have divided loyalties and people who used to sit together now dont....

i firmly believe if you had moved everyone to rre and made the chaddy,which is the :censored:test stand in the gound,the new away end there would have been half this problem we now have....the choir could have restablished itself behind the goal area...the small section could have been the family section...and the big part is big enough to move away if ya dont want singing and standing in your ear all game....

people need to get over the spiritual home is the chaddy end...i spent all my football life in that stand until 2 seasons ago...and im glad i moved out of it...

i agree about atmoshphere,however the club as always got it wrong when they did it....there is nothing wrong with the rre stand,much better view,newer better facilities you can have a bet and a pint and at some point some food(ran out of pies again at half time saturday)...

the trick the club missed was moving all home fans wholesale to the rre...by allowing fans to be present in all three sections of the ground,we have divided loyalties and people who used to sit together now dont....

i firmly believe if you had moved everyone to rre and made the chaddy,which is the :censored:test stand in the gound,the new away end there would have been half this problem we now have....the choir could have restablished itself behind the goal area...the small section could have been the family section...and the big part is big enough to move away if ya dont want singing and standing in your ear all game....

people need to get over the spiritual home is the chaddy end...i spent all my football life in that stand until 2 seasons ago...and im glad i moved out of it...

+1

Everyone in the RRE and leave the Chaddy for away fans. Corney should make the decision before ST renewal time. If people don't like change that much, they can sit with the away fans.

One of the worse that ever happened was the rochdale road end being given to the home fans. I used to go in the chaddy and stand not far away from the so called "chaddy choir"... The majority of the ground would sit down and quietly watch the game, occasionally choking on a bit of pie (you seemed able to buy one back then) when something went down on the field. The much criticised "chaddy choir" (yeah, what a bunch of morons, standing and singing) used to inject some life into the day giving me a chance to stand up and sing the odd song.

When the RRE opened it seemed the majority of this group moved to there. Last time I went it resulted in pitch battles with stewards and some stubborn fans as these so called "chavs" (I like to call them full paid up fans or better still working class youngsters - god forbid they might dare go to the football *rolls eyes) did what has been going on in football stadiums since I was a wee lad and gave the other fans a mouth full, who of course responded in kind. I stood it out until I started bringing my little nephew at which point I had to move so he could see. That area of the ground seems to be spend more time battling stewards than actually singing and creating an atmosphere. Which kind of brought everything down.

While trying to find the best place I could sit with him I tried out the chaddy again and boy had it changed. Without the "chaddy choir" it was bloody dead...

Anyway, to sum up my point... Two factors have lessened the match day experience among others I have mentioned, allowing fans into the RRE and the overall attacking by authorities to sterile the match day experience.

What got me thinking about going to the football on a Saturday as a kid is all but dead. And the saddest part for me is that the majority of fans who still go seem to want that sterile experience.

amen to that, but I think like a lot of problems that the club is facing, it's something that is wrong with the game in general aswell as decision made within the club