Morais banned for 2 games

yep think that might blow his chance of a contract now. he has lost the chance to push on from the impression he made in the second hald on Staurday

for me he didnt impress on saturday he tried to much fancy crap when the simple pass and move would of done just fine against a 9 man plymouth.

Except for that miss I thought he did ok. (not spectacular, but alright) He set up the 2nd.

The fact he has been sent off for violent conduct when he should be looking to impress is a question mark with his attitude IMO.

Except for that miss I thought he did ok. (not spectacular, but alright) He set up the 2nd.

The fact he has been sent off for violent conduct when he should be looking to impress is a question mark with his attitude IMO.

Devil’s advocate here – but does it not actually show that he cares, is full of passion for the game & actually give’s a sh1te..........some of the wider squad players just turn up & go through the motions in the reserve games; for Morais to get that wound up; trying to impress to get himself sent off shows he has a bit of fire does it not? Our Gaffer was sent off once or twice due to his ‘prickly’ edge he had – is ‘Phil Morris’ a player in the managers mould?

I actually thought he showed some nice touches, showed for & wanted the ball; and put in a good cross for the Tank to score. Granted that has to be off-set with the one he blazed over that I expected him to put away; but I thought he showed enough in the 45mins to warrant a spell in & around the match-day side.

This 3 games ban will have done him no favours; from an availability view-point, as someone else (Millar?) will now get a chance from the bench. PD / GT may well persevere with the lad; but if they were to show him the door; they’d easily be able to cite the sending off as the reason.

Devil’s advocate here – but does it not actually show that he cares, is full of passion for the game & actually give’s a sh1te..........some of the wider squad players just turn up & go through the motions in the reserve games; for Morais to get that wound up; trying to impress to get himself sent off shows he has a bit of fire does it not? Our Gaffer was sent off once or twice due to his ‘prickly’ edge he had – is ‘Phil Morris’ a player in the managers mould?

I actually thought he showed some nice touches, showed for & wanted the ball; and put in a good cross for the Tank to score. Granted that has to be off-set with the one he blazed over that I expected him to put away; but I thought he showed enough in the 45mins to warrant a spell in & around the match-day side.

This 3 games ban will have done him no favours; from an availability view-point, as someone else (Millar?) will now get a chance from the bench. PD / GT may well persevere with the lad; but if they were to show him the door; they’d easily be able to cite the sending off as the reason.

Continuing the devil's advocate theme - albeit on a slightly different tangent...

Doesn't this situation promote the concept of a 'pay per game' scheme. I'm not that familiar with the way that a non-contract arrangement works i.e. whether the player only receives payments for the period in which he is elligible to play but if that were the case then his absence won't pose any financial implication and could influence the decisionas to whether he is given another opportunity.

Could that also be a solution for the Feeney type situations where players aren't available for other reasons.

Confirmation of your thoughts: -

MdL's reserve thread

No he can't play at any level for us until 3 first team games have lapsed.

But as he got sent off in a reserve game, are they not counted towards the 3 matches?

UPDATE - Just read Fyldelatics answer on another thread, I am understanding now!!!

Edited by mikejh45