Can Barry come out and address the fans?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is a call for information seen this way ? I don't get it...

Like Palmer1 pointed out, even if you don't particularly see the point of Barry Owen (As I don't), it seems a little unfair for folks to insist he comes on here and give his opinion, just so other posters can rip holes in it.

Maybe SC would explain the situation on here if he didn't think he'd be throwing himself to the lions.

Like Palmer1 pointed out, even if you don't particularly see the point of Barry Owen (As I don't), it seems a little unfair for folks to insist he comes on here and give his opinion, just so other posters can rip holes in it.

Maybe SC would explain the situation on here if he didn't think he'd be throwing himself to the lions.

You can't argue with the facts.... but you can argue with an opinion...

I never looked at the fan on the board just giving us "opinions"... This place is full of opinions. Like they say, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!!

I saw the role as giving us real access to information... Maybe wishful thinking but if it was more fact and less opinion then it would work a lot better. I don't want to know Barrys views on the fans. I want to know the current state of the profit and loss sheet.

If all we got from Barry is the facts there would be no arguments... or pops... or whatever you want to call it...

Edited by oafc0000

You can't argue with the facts.... but you can argue with an opinion...

I never looked at the fan on the board just giving us "opinions"... This place is full of opinions. Like they say, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!!

I saw the role as giving us real access to information... Maybe wishful thinking but if it was more fact and less opinion then it would work a lot better. I don't want to know Barrys views on the fans. I want to know the current state of the profit and loss sheet.If all we got from Barry is the facts there would be no arguments... or pops... or whatever you want to call it...

didnt the club release some figures not long ago?

i understand there is an invitation to go and look at the clubs books by appointment?

it is not Barrys job to post business figures for oldham athletic on a message board

i understand there is an invitation to go and look at the clubs books by appointment?

it is not Barrys job to post business figures for oldham athletic on a message board

I wouldn't mind understanding what the projected out-turn for the current financial year is at present.

Just in case I win the lottery that I don't buy a ticket for!

I don't have time to go to BP to have a cuppa with the headmaster. Many fans don't have the time. I think a lot of fans thought when the money we all donated was used to buy a stake in the club it would give us access to this information via the trust. The idea surely is that the trust watches the club and keeps the fans informed. I think a lot of people DO see it as the fan on the boards job to report back on the "current" state of the club. Giving us some real numbers on how much the club is making or losing.

Maybe this information can be provided in a secure area of the trust website ? I would happily start backing the trust with my money if it was giving me something for that money. It never has though and that is why (in my opinion) support has fallen.

i wonder why Barry doesnt post on here more often with all the sniping comments he gets.

wether he's right or wrong - you ask for comments and posters have to have a pop! :disappointed:

bet the same people wont meet in person though.

To be fair some of barrys replies to people on here rub people up the wrong way

The "club" is either a club or just any old business...

If it is JUST a business then it can expect to be treated like one... The product is :censored: and over pried and will get its just take up...

If on the other hand it is a "club" then it should behave like one... There is no place for secrets...

The club can't keep moaning about the lack of blind loyal support when we are treated just like customers...

Its a total disconnect...

Edited by oafc0000

With regards to their constitution and the proper interpretation of it, perhaps we can ask Barry to in turn ask the board what's happening on our behalf after all, that's what he's there to do. You saw the role as him giving us access to real information, he can do that but what some are believing is real information is all baseless rumour at the moment. He even says so. I don't want to fall foul of appealing to authority, but there's nothing else to go on, and in such a case there's little point in criticising the fans rep on when it's really all speculative rumour.

Please nobody say I told you so in three months, there won't be any pleasure in it for anybody.

I mixed questions being expressed in two threads which was probably a bit unfair. I don't think Barry can really respond to what SC will or won't do... I always thought the trust should be giving us information regarding the stability of the club and how much :censored: it is in.

:petesake:

I do struggle to see the constructive comments in your post. Must be me. I am terribly sorry.

I can't believe I am on the one who is being attacked here...

To all the dome and gloom merchants.

Finally it does seem that some are doing their level best to be-little the efforts of the owners of the club.

As opposed to sniping at the very people

Nothing constructive there... I only bloody pointed out the obvious...

I just want more facts and less attacks on the fans!

With regards to their constitution and the proper interpretation of it, perhaps we can ask Barry to in turn ask the board what's happening on our behalf after all, that's what he's there to do. You saw the role as him giving us access to real information, he can do that but what some are believing is real information is all baseless rumour at the moment. He even says so. I don't want to fall foul of appealing to authority, but there's nothing else to go on, and in such a case there's little point in criticising the fans rep on when it's really all speculative rumour.

Please nobody say I told you so in three months, there won't be any pleasure in it for anybody.

this thread was started to ask barry for some or any kind of information regarding our current financial plight,in the light of musing from mr hardy about how ctastrophic saturdays exit of the cup was...

barry duely replied,gave his opinion to those who had asked for it and basically has said everything is rumour.

people arent happy with that so there trying to rip holes in his musings and want blood apparently...

my take..barry has spoken,he has told us its all rumour and speculation...so can i suggest we treat it as such,get on with things,get out of this dark place look forward to saturdays game and move on....

if we go bust then we can all come back on here at the end of the season and rip barry a new one,call him a liar and all the names under the sun for misleading us in his role as fan on the board...

anybody who isnt happy and has got a decent size of cahoonies can always go to the club and inspect the books and voice your concerns there

I can't believe I am on the one who is being attacked here...

Nothing constructive there... I only bloody pointed out the obvious...

I just want more facts and less attacks on the fans!

I see it the way another poster said, I take a post at a time.

Barry's post did not warrant lambasting for his PR or spelling etc.

There are bigger issues that that. I'd much prefer you're views on them. Peopel who attack spelling etc can normally find no fault with the argument.

I don't know Barry, I take it at face value, so when he attacked MAddog with the "easy get out" it may have been an atempt at hunour but to me it was a facile comment. That post did warrant the criticisn it got.

If it is facts you want:

But there are Doom and Gloomers. That is a FACT.

There are people that want to do the club down. That is a FACT.

There are even people advocating that the club fiold and some sort of MyClub with a budget of 250k per year instead £1.5m be resurrected. FACT.

There are people that want Simon Corney to go, depsite no one to fill the black hole. FACT

There are people that only snipe at the club, whatever it does. FACT

It's all to easy to sit and type criticism (by the doom and gommers).

People got up and marched.

But that was undone by factional infighting.

And I can see it happening again.

That's my issue.

I see it the way another poster said, I take a post at a time.

Barry's post did not warrant lambasting for his PR or spelling etc.

There are bigger issues that that. I'd much prefer you're views on them. Peopel who attack spelling etc can normally find no fault with the argument.

I don't know Barry, I take it at face value, so when he attacked MAddog with the "easy get out" it may have been an atempt at hunour but to me it was a facile comment. That post did warrant the criticisn it got.

If it is facts you want:

But there are Doom and Gloomers. That is a FACT.

There are people that want to do the club down. That is a FACT.

There are even people advocating that the club fiold and some sort of MyClub with a budget of 250k per year instead £1.5m be resurrected. FACT.

There are people that want Simon Corney to go, depsite no one to fill the black hole. FACT

There are people that only snipe at the club, whatever it does. FACT

It's all to easy to sit and type criticism (by the doom and gommers).

People got up and marched.

That's my issue.

Writing FACT in capital letters doesn't make it one.

That's my issue.

Well I agree with that... I just think the infighting can be reduced from ALL sides... I don't think it gets reduced by Barry pointing it out in every post he makes. And I wish I had never said anything now and contributed my own infighting to all this...

I just wish the club, the trust and the fans could "share" more... Its either just a business and we are just customers or it is more than that...

Well I agree with that... I just think the infighting can be reduced from ALL sides... I don't think it gets reduced by Barry pointing it out in every post he makes. And I wish I had never said anything now and contributed my own infighting to all this...

I just wish the club, the trust and the fans could "share" more... Its either just a business and we are just customers or it is more than that...

Amen to that.

Despite bickerig between Oldham fans etc, on this board and in the wider community, we do share many values.

PR really isn't your strong point...

I think the majority of "snipers/doom and gloomers and belittlers" (concerned fans) want is information. The repeating question seems to be how much :censored: are we in at the moment... or in simply terms, how much debt are we in today and how much we are likely to be come end of the season...

I don't think people want a meeting many wouldn't have time to attend, or a dressing down, just some information...

Thr King of PR spouts more tome's of wisdom.

Words of wisdom indeed.