Team for Saturday versus Huddersfield

Paul Dickov rightly criticised his team for the woeful first half performance at Accrington. He has also been criticised in turn (by some) for changing a winning team - the question is whether he will revert to our first choice starting eleven on Saturday or drop certain individuals in an attempt to shake it up and send out a wake up call to the squad?

In my opinion, there are a number in the team who have fallen off the pace recently:

Stephens, Jones, Alessandra and even Taylor is slipping back to his poorer early season form. Alessandra has already been relegated to the bench and I think that Jones should probably be moved from the right wing role. The big question for me is around Stephens - would he benefit from being dropped down to the bench and if so who replaces him?

We do have options in the middle - Jarrett (did not impress at Accrington by all accounts), move Lee up, or even give Jones a chance to play centrally.

And up front - will Feeney now kick on after his first goal or should Kelly/Brooke be given a chance from the start?

Saturday will probably see Dickov stick close to his first choice team. Lee at right back and Furman/Stephens in the middle. I also think PD will give the Black/Evina left side pairing another chance.

As always the question is who partners Tounkare up front and who plays wide right?

Whichever starting eleven - let's hope for a positive reaction to the abject showing at Acrington - looking forward to the game. :wink:

Paul Dickov rightly criticised his team for the woeful first half performance at Accrington. He has also been criticised in turn (by some) for changing a winning team - the question is whether he will revert to our first choice starting eleven on Saturday or drop certain individuals in an attempt to shake it up and send out a wake up call to the squad?

In my opinion, there are a number in the team who have fallen off the pace recently:

Stephens, Jones, Alessandra and even Taylor is slipping back to his poorer early season form. Alessandra has already been relegated to the bench and I think that Jones should probably be moved from the right wing role. The big question for me is around Stephens - would he benefit from being dropped down to the bench and if so who replaces him?

We do have options in the middle - Jarrett (did not impress at Accrington by all accounts), move Lee up, or even give Jones a chance to play centrally.

And up front - will Feeney now kick on after his first goal or should Kelly/Brooke be given a chance from the start?

Saturday will probably see Dickov stick close to his first choice team. Lee at right back and Furman/Stephens in the middle. I also think PD will give the Black/Evina left side pairing another chance.

As always the question is who partners Tounkare up front and who plays wide right?

Whichever starting eleven - let's hope for a positive reaction to the abject showing at Acrington - looking forward to the game. :wink:

if there not seen to be putting the effort in then they will get stick....they have been told in no uncertain terms by pd what he thought of them,so i would imagine they have had the kick up the arse and go out on saturday at home and put in a shift,especially as its against yorkshire rivals...

if they dont,and again dont do as pd has asked,then i expect him to start dropping players and giving others a chance...

feeney will start simply because pd has kept faith to a degree and he scored...

Saturday was the Rebirth of Feeney ,

Now we see the real jam legged striker :grin:

So Taylor wide right ahead of Lee - and Feeney up front with Tounkara - central midfield Stephens and Furman - left wing pairing Evina and Black - central two M'Voto and Hazell -and Brill in the nets - there you have the eleven - easy - I reckon we'll win too :wink:

So Taylor wide right ahead of Lee - and Feeney up front with Tounkara - central midfield Stephens and Furman - left wing pairing Evina and Black - central two M'Voto and Hazell -and Brill in the nets - there you have the eleven - easy - I reckon we'll win too :wink:

for me the team would be:

brill

lee hazell mvoto evina

taylor jones stephens alassandra

furman

tounkara

I think the formation would both stifle the attacking threat posed by hudds but also maximise the the threat of our own attacking threat. I think it also gives plenty of options to change the game with the players on the pitch (if needed). I think the back 5 is the strongest we have at the minute.

The middle of the park sees taylor in the position he's had his best games in. I think jones is much more effective in the middle. He's no winger. Furman should be very dangerous playing in the 'hole' as he is creative and knows how to hit a loose ball.. It was a tough choice between feeney and tounkara but think tounkara can hold the ball better and bring the other atting players in the game. And feeney could come on against a tiring defence to change the game after an hour or so.

brill

lee hazell mvoto evina

furman

tounkara

I think the formation would both stifle the attacking threat posed by hudds but also maximise the the threat of our own attacking threat. I think it also gives plenty of options to change the game with the players on the pitch (if needed). I think the back 5 is the strongest we have at the minute.

The middle of the park sees taylor in the position he's had his best games in. I think jones is much more effective in the middle. He's no winger. Furman should be very dangerous playing in the 'hole' as he is creative and knows how to hit a loose ball.. It was a tough choice between feeney and tounkara but think tounkara can hold the ball better and bring the other atting players in the game. And feeney could come on against a tiring defence to change the game after an hour or so.

can't find much fault with that at all, but i'm not really a fan of playing only one forward, call me old fashioned if you like, and is there such a great need to change the formation? people seem to be really overreacting to the loss to accrington stanley

brill

lee hazell mvoto evina

furman

tounkara

can't find much fault with that at all, but i'm not really a fan of playing only one forward, call me old fashioned if you like, and is there such a great need to change the formation? people seem to be really overreacting to the loss to accrington stanley

They are not overreacting to the manner of the Accrington loss though and if fans see some of these players giving another inept display on Saturday more disillusionment will set in and more support will drift way from the club.

Lets hope the players have got the message.

They are not overreacting to the manner of the Accrington loss though and if fans see some of these players giving another inept display on Saturday more disillusionment will set in and more support will drift way from the club.

Lets hope the players have got the message.

Agree - the players are the key to our future success - they have shown in patches just how good they could be but have let us (and PD) down too often recently - time to step up to the plate lads - please :shock:

brill

lee hazell mvoto evina

furman

tounkara

Sorry, but have you seen any games recently????

Taylor has been more impressive down the centre with Tonk, looks slightly lost out on the wing when he has been moved their (has fed Lee through a few times but other than that)

team for tomorrow

GK: Brill

RB: Lee

LB: Black

CB: Hazell

CB: M'voto

RM: Millar/Morais

LM: Evina

CM: Stephens/Jones

CM: Furman

CAM/ST: Taylor

ST: Tonk