There's a red hot striker in Bolton reserves

Er hold up a minute, I'd expect Tom Eaves to be featuring against Rochdale first team, if he was still here, so for him to be playing well against their ressies is the same as someone playing well for our ressies.

I didn't see the game against Bolton, but I would say from last year Tom is not significantly better than what we've already got, so unless we didn't have to contribute to his wages at all (including any bonuses) then I don't see the point.

Also why didnt we follow what Rochdale did with Dagnall and Kennedy,

Buy him then loan him back, surely that would have been perfect for both teams.

Bolton have Eaves on their books and Oldham can use his services

Possibly because Bolton; having spent £200,000 on an 18 year old; wanted to have said 18 year around the club to work on him, train him & develop him; on site using their Premier League facilities and coaches?

Just a thought.......

Also why didnt we follow what Rochdale did with Dagnall and Kennedy,

Buy him then loan him back, surely that would have been perfect for both teams.

Bolton have Eaves on their books and Oldham can use his services

Rochdale didn't loan Dagnall back. I think you mean the defender Dawson.

It wasn't beneficial to us to loan Eaves back, we'd be dependant on him being a instant success otherwise there would be no point, we might as well play one of our own kids.

Rochdale didn't loan Dagnall back. I think you mean the defender Dawson.

It wasn't beneficial to us to loan Eaves back, we'd be dependant on him being a instant success otherwise there would be no point, we might as well play one of our own kids.

Sorry Yes I meant Dawson , Dagnall is still at Scunny , the little :censored: should have walked in the League Cup for his challenge on Lewi

Er hold up a minute, I'd expect Tom Eaves to be featuring against Rochdale first team, if he was still here, so for him to be playing well against their ressies is the same as someone playing well for our ressies.

Er, no, it's not. He's playing in a side full of players with the potential to play Premier League football. He's apparently shining in that team. Here he'd be playing in a team of has been's, never will be's and the occasion lower league quality player.

I didn't see the game against Bolton, but I would say from last year Tom is not significantly better than what we've already got, so unless we didn't have to contribute to his wages at all (including any bonuses) then I don't see the point.

A plethora of highly paid professionals completely disagree with you.

Er, no, it's not. He's playing in a side full of players with the potential to play Premier League football. He's apparently shining in that team. Here he'd be playing in a team of has been's, never will be's and the occasion lower league quality player.

A plethora of highly paid professionals completely disagree with you.

Kieran Lee, Ritchie Jones, Dean Furman, Oumare Tounkare, Jean-Yves Mvoto, all of whom have played in PL reserves sides recently and some of those have found their level. Playing for Bolton ressies is not like playing in a team of players with the potential of playing in the PL, how many of Bolton's first team have come up through their ranks? Tom Eaves was signed by Bolton not because he can play in the PL now but because he might be able to in the future, and would be a bargain if he did so (even with all the add-ons) and if he doesn't then they might be able to flog him to a Championship team.

Who are these highly paid professionals? The Oldham management team, if TE was still here, I'd expect we wouldn't have signed Oumare Tounkara. The Bolton team, what are they to know about how we are playing? Like I said Bolton signed TE for his potential they didn't sign him for his current ability (has he gotten on to their bench yet, I don't think so), potential for one level doesn't mean ability at a lower level. If TE has improved on last year (which I expect) then maybe he is better than what we have but we won't know that. Any other highly paid professionals, the only other ones I can think of are the Sundelrand management team who know what we have in Tounkara and would have a good idea in what the alternative is- TE, everyone else doesn't know enough.

if we bought him back, would we still get some money back through the sell on clause?

rochdale reserves....

still, bolton £35m loss, why not put a 10k bid in ;p

<cough> Absolutely skint <cough> finances so dire; CEO constantly reminds fans of the perilous state of the club <cough> threat of admin looming ever closer <cough> not a pot to piss in <cough>

£10K to buy back TE? After we sold him for £200K? The fact that a.) we don’t even have £10K and b.) it’s ludicrous to suggest that Bolton would even entertain the thought of selling TE at this stage.......means a big fat NO!

You know; after 2 rounds of anti-biotics I just can't seem to <cough> shift it......Must be <cough> the weather.... :wink:

Chill out wasnt being too serious ;)

But to pay 10k for a player we know we could get atleast 100k for is a bit of a no brainer but obviously bolton aint that stupid, well actually Gartside, you never know with the sheite that comes out of his mouth.

As i said when we sold him, taking him back on loan when he still has no first team experience and taking a chance on him actually performing at first team level, id rather develop our own youngsters who have just as much if not more potential like Brooke and Bembo. Only reason why Eaves was snapped up so quickly is his build and size.

Hopefully Bembo and Brooke will show Eaves that he made a major mistake leaving the latics when they both come back from injury and start banging them in! I've got a lot more faith in them than i ever will have in Feeney.

Chill out wasnt being too serious ;)

But to pay 10k for a player we know we could get atleast 100k for is a bit of a no brainer but obviously bolton aint that stupid, well actually Gartside, you never know with the sheite that comes out of his mouth.

As i said when we sold him, taking him back on loan when he still has no first team experience and taking a chance on him actually performing at first team level, id rather develop our own youngsters who have just as much if not more potential like Brooke and Bembo. Only reason why Eaves was snapped up so quickly is his build and size.

Hopefully Bembo and Brooke will show Eaves that he made a major mistake leaving the latics when they both come back from injury and start banging them in! I've got a lot more faith in them than i ever will have in Feeney.

I think the guy is definitely way ahead of Brooke and Bembo - time will tell - but he has a real eye for goal- I would not be surprised if he features on the bench for Bolton in the near future - FA Cup third round maybe? Either way - pleased for the lad and hope he continues to impress. :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog