Haye v Harrison - WBA Heavyweight Title Fight

Thanks. I really do want Harrison to win, if not put Haye on his arse. Way to cocky for my liking and very over-estimated!!!

I agree and disagree.

Haye thinks way too much of himself.

But, Harrison is a bum. I'd be surprised if Harrison won.

This weight of boxing is crying out for a Tyson to take the whole thing, rather than some frankly, poor fighters getting a major look in.

Have the Klits had a decent field to defend their titles against........NO. It been the poorest time for heavies ever.

The division hasn't been strong but the Klits have beat everyone put in front of them aside from Lennox Lewis who to be fair, Vitali was close to knocking out before Lewis put a hole in his face. Then Lewis backed down from a rematch and retires. But I'd still fancy a in shape and focussed Lewis to get the job done. He took Vitali lightly in their match and was out of shape and undertrained.

Don't hate the Klitschkos. they'd be very competitive in any era, there's some so called "all time greats" who'd they'd beat, ala Rocky Marciano, potentially Tyson if they could contain him early with their jab. They might seem boring to watch, but they're the two best in the division because they are so far ahead of everyone else. The only guy who has a chance is Haye because of his speed and athleticism, but his chin is suspect too. Audley does have the power to test Haye's chin, don't forget that.

What an absolute joke.

Anyone who went to the MEN tonight and shelled out to watch that - MUGS !

Worth it for the Groves fight.

But Harrison was a disgrace, bottled it and didn't even make an sort of effort. He turned up for the payday. Those first two rounds are probably the worst two rounds of boxing I've ever seen.

Who cares ? :grin:

Let's watch some proper fighting....Manny Vs Margorito.

I don't know what it is but I'm starting to not see Manny's punches any more. I just see a bloke stumbling forward and his face getting steadily more and more bludgeoned.

Will we ever see the fight we all want? Two fights left for Manny. Time's a running out. But what a last fight it would be...

What an absolute joke.

Anyone who went to the MEN tonight and shelled out to watch that - MUGS !

Not having a pop at you, just using your post to make my point.

I watched the "fight" last night at a mates then drove home listening to 5live and all the crackpots ringing in to say they had been "robbed"... etc. This is boxing, it can go 11 seconds or 12 rounds - Harrison claimed he wanted to take it to 15 rounds in his post "fight" interview - Haye must have hit him harder than we thought - he woke up either 15 years ago or in a Rocky film.

Harrison turned up for the cash, ran away for 2 rounds then took a dive when he had had enough. Fair play to him, he got a good payday but will forever have the shame of being that big embarrassing lump for the rest of his life. I'm sure the £10 million will ease his pain.

Haye did what he needed to do. Didn't get clipped by Harrison's club like paws, boxed sensibly and took his chance to pummel Harrison into a submission. We would all have liked to see a 10 count but the ref did the sensible thing and stopped it as Harrison was offering nothing and just taking punishment.

As for Haye or any boxer being slagged off for being too mouthy or showy or upping themselves too much - Give me a break, to get in a ring with another man who has to disable you to win the sport you need to have massive levels of self-confidence and self-belief. You also need to be a salesman and a showman, Haye has all of this and is backing it up with his fists.

I can not wait for him to take on the clits and I would love it if he knocked them spark out. If he himself was sparked then it would be a shame as he has been the best thing to happen to this weight for a long time and he's got people interested again.

Seriously, did you expect anything more than what happened? :blink:

No ! Hence why I backed Haye in 2 :angry: and never got sucked into the hype and shelled out extortionate amounts to get a ticket for the MEN or SBO.

Nice stream for me and I was still pissed off at 'em both for wasting 9 mins of my life.

I just think that, proper boxing fans apart, most of those that bought SBO or MEN tickets are complete mugs.

I know there are some proper boxing buffs out there who would have enjoyed the undercard but most of those in that arena just went for the Haye fight and would have been stood in the concourses supping during the undercard.

Edited by Yard Dog

No ! Hence why I backed Haye in 2 :angry: and never got sucked into the hype and shelled out extortionate amounts to get a ticket for the MEN or SBO.

Nice stream for me and I was still pissed off at 'em both for wasting 9 mins of my life.

I just think that, proper boxing fans apart, most of those that bought SBO or MEN tickets are complete mugs.

I know there are some proper boxing buffs out there who would have enjoyed the undercard but most of those in that arena just went for the Haye fight and would have been stood in the concourses supping during the undercard.

Did you hear haye's immediate post match interview? He basically said I waited untl the 3rd round to knock him out so that my friends and family could collect on their bets! he could be in trouble for that!

Edited by laticsmad

I don't think he is half that stupid. Anyway, fingers crossed that Fraudley pisses off for good. He had the talent but not the heart, it was pitifull seeing him stand there waiting to be beaten, same problem ever since he went pro. I don't really get why people have a problem with Haye, he has done the business for real and is stepping up to a weight I think he is maybe a bit small for but giving it a go. He gets caught but gets up again, and he talks, so what? He is a breath of frsh air from the big jabbing units that the division has become, sadly since Lewis turned so conservative after the free-punching fighter he had been. I really think Haye has a great chance against either Clit, people who fight out of Germany do so for a reason, they have been raking it in fighting bums for too long.

I went to the fight had a top day out with latics before hand. When I booked the tickets I couldn't see it going past one round. Then Audley talked himself up and I thought he might give him a bit of a fight. Then I saw the weigh in and thought Haye would kill him. Put £30 on Haye to stop him in the third.

The first two rounds went past and I was thinking of what that £30 would have been better spent on. Luckily Haye sprang to life in the third.

There were a few people moaning about spending their money on 'that' these were the people who didn't watch any of the undercard and just turned up a couple of minutes before the ring walk.

The undercard was really enjoyable. None moreso than the four rounds between some cocky lad from East Ham and a Mexican. Anyone else watch this, hilarious.

If I paid £15 to watch it at home I'd have been more upset than £30 to watch it there.