Haye v Harrison - WBA Heavyweight Title Fight

Any one interested in this? It's a bit of a farce of a fight really, Haye is more than likely going blast him out within 5. I don't think I'd buy it on Sky Box Office. But I've got tickets with a couple of mates to go and watch it. I usually wouldn't bother but it is at the M.E.N.

The winner should end up fighting Wladimir or Vitali Klitschko next year. Wladimir himself is actually defending his 3 belts against London heavyweight Derek Chisora (14-0) on Dec 11th (Chisora has got little more than punchers chance of winning but it shows he had the balls to fight the Wlad where David has backed down twice). I'd like Chisora to win just to make the division more interesting, in truth I don't like him so if he is to lose I hope he gets pizza faced badly.

As for this Saturday, Haye wins inside 5 I reckon, you can't discount Fraudley completely as he does have a decent punch and Haye doesn't have a cast-iron chin, but it's a real long shot for Harrison. Audley did have the potential, in the biggest night of his life, in the best shape of his life can he really fulfil it? He's always maintained he would win a world titlee ven after being beaten by taxi driver Martin Rogan in 2008 and when it all looked over he's somehow got himself a shot at a title. Could fate be on his side?

Edited by PlayItLivo

Any one interested in this? It's a bit of a farce of a fight really, Haye is more than likely going blast him out within 5. I don't think I'd buy it on Sky Box Office. But I've got tickets with a couple of mates to go and watch it. I usually wouldn't bother but it is at the M.E.N and it's the first ever World Heavyweight title fight in Britain and it's something I can say "I was there" about.

The winner should end up fighting Wladimir or Vitali Klitschko next year. Wladimir himself is actually defending his 3 belts against London heavyweight Derek Chisora (14-0) on Dec 11th (Chisora has got little more than punchers chance of winning but it shows he had the balls to fight the Wlad where David has backed down twice). I'd like Chisora to win just to make the division more interesting, in truth I don't like him so if he is to lose I hope he gets pizza faced badly.

As for this Saturday, Haye wins inside 5 I reckon, you can't discount Fraudley completely as he does have a decent punch and Haye doesn't have a cast-iron chin, but it's a real long shot for Harrison. Audley did have the potential, in the biggest night of his life, in the best shape of his life can he really fulfil it? He's always maintained he would win a world titleeven after being beaten by taxi driver Martin Rogan in 2008 and when it all looked over he's somehow got himself a shot at a title. Could fate be on his side?

I'm off on Saturday looking forward to it.

I don't believe Haye is ducking the Klitchko's. They couldn't agree on pay per view money splits. Also the Klitchko's will only fight in their back yard. Fair play to Chisora but he's only taking the fight for the pay day. They must have offered him a pittance though as the whole fight could have been called off if he didn't get cleared for assaulting his mrs yesterday. You don't offer people good money and book venues for fights that may fall through.

Any one interested in this? It's a bit of a farce of a fight really, Haye is more than likely going blast him out within 5. I don't think I'd buy it on Sky Box Office. But I've got tickets with a couple of mates to go and watch it. I usually wouldn't bother but it is at the M.E.N and it's the first ever World Heavyweight title fight in Britain and it's something I can say "I was there" about.

As for this Saturday, Haye wins inside 5 I reckon, you can't discount Fraudley completely as he does have a decent punch and Haye doesn't have a cast-iron chin, but it's a real long shot for Harrison. Audley did have the potential, in the biggest night of his life, in the best shape of his life can he really fulfil it? He's always maintained he would win a world titleeven after being beaten by taxi driver Martin Rogan in 2008 and when it all looked over he's somehow got himself a shot at a title. Could fate be on his side?

What about all the other World Heavyweight title fights that have taken place in Britain?

I went to the Haye - Ruiz one last year at the same place. Must have slipped his mind. Bruno and Lennox had a few too.

Just off the top of my head:-

Cooper/Clay

Bruno/Witherspoon

Bruno/Lewis

Tyson/Francis

Lewis/McCall

Lewis/Botha

and of course Haye/Ruiz

for what it's worth I think Haye is more of a fraud than Fraudley, sooner or later he'll have to go toe to toe and he'll get knocked on his arse, his hit and run tactics are boring. I think Harrison has more of a chance than many are letting on.

I'm off on Saturday looking forward to it.

I don't believe Haye is ducking the Klitchko's. They couldn't agree on pay per view money splits. Also the Klitchko's will only fight in their back yard. Fair play to Chisora but he's only taking the fight for the pay day. They must have offered him a pittance though as the whole fight could have been called off if he didn't get cleared for assaulting his mrs yesterday. You don't offer people good money and book venues for fights that may fall through.

To be fair Wlad Klitschko is the man to beat. Haye doesn't deserve and equal split and the money Klitschko was keeping for himself was like equal to 5%. Haye is all talk, if he wanted Wlad, he had a very good offer on the table which would have been his biggest pay day by far and no silly rematch clauses included.

Wlad is the main title holder and he calls the shots. Haye should probably go after Vitali first and try and outpoint him, then go after Wlad, then hopefully the winner of that bout will give boxing its first heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis retired.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Far too early to be calling Haye a fraud.

He's had 3, maybe 4 heavyweight fights and one of those was against a freak, I don't think Tyson at his peak would have gone toe to toe with, jesus, I can't remember the giant ruskies name. D'oh! Valuev or something.

His fights at lower weights have shown him to be an exciting fighter, he gets knocked down and knocks the other guy down, can't ask for more. Tactically he makes me tear my hair out with his low slung hands and believing that he is better than he is.

I'm watching it round a mates on Saturday but not drinking as I have to be up at 9:30 to be at the Rememberance Sunday in the village, so this will be the first fight for about 20 years I've watched sober, could be interesting.

To be fair Wlad Klitschko is the man to beat. Haye doesn't deserve and equal split and the money Klitschko was keeping for himself was like equal to 5%. Haye is all talk, if he wanted Wlad, he had a very good offer on the table which would have been his biggest pay day by far and no silly rematch clauses included.

Wlad is the main title holder and he calls the shots. Haye should probably go after Vitali first and try and outpoint him, then go after Wlad, then hopefully the winner of that bout will give boxing its first heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis retired.

The sooner someone comes along and rubs the Clitjobs out of boxing history the better. They have brought nothing to the sport, been some of the dullest "champions" ever and held the top weight of the sport back at a time when it has needed to reach out to the fans.

I am hoping and praying that Haye is that man, he has made heavyweight interesting again and given it the bit of pizazz that it has desperately needed.

As for Saturday, I don't think it will be a walkover for Haye, Ordinary's hatred will keep him upright for a decent length of time, even more if he has gone down the Bruno route of bulking up, Bruno's body kept him upright when his brain had long gone bye-byes.

And have beaten both Klitschkos in the same ring. Such a shame that Heavyweight boxing has become so politicised with a generation of mediocre fighters.

Harsh on the Klits that. They'd be competitive in any era of boxing, their jab is among the greatest jabs of all time. Tyson a fighter who has to get inside would find it difficult to get inside their jab, they're timing is impeccable. With Vitali; Tyson would have to worry about his iron chin and that's one reason I'd pick Vitali over Tyson.

I think Tyson would have to KO either within 5 rounds, otherwise they're breaking him down and KOing him, Douglas style.

It's a :censored:ing farce of a fight, a complete joke, and Haye has gone well down in my estimation. There are better fighters out there for him to face.

I don't rate Haye too much, but Harrison is not in his league. Haye just wants a corny, hyped-up 'Battle of Britain' mega pay-day...which he will get as us Brits love watiching men fight and will get sucked into the hype. Not me, though. If I can find a decent stream I will watch, but I'm not shelling out.

I may, however, have a little punt on this.....Haye to KO Harrison in Round 2.

9/1...with Coral as well...might take advantage of that Latics Promotion.

Edited by Yard Dog

Haye is most certainly not ducking the Clitkos or whatever they're called. They're a pair of pussies who refuse to take him on in a fair fight.

And Haye certainly ain't no fraud. That's a laughable statement in the run up to this of all contests. It is Harrison who is the fraud, as he'll prove again this time - taking the money and running with 30 seconds of plodding about and a cartoon fall on his big fat arse. Hope he's got good sponsorship for the soles of his boots.

Haye is most certainly not ducking the Clitkos or whatever they're called. They're a pair of pussies who refuse to take him on in a fair fight.

And Haye certainly ain't no fraud. That's a laughable statement in the run up to this of all contests. It is Harrison who is the fraud, as he'll prove again this time - taking the money and running with 30 seconds of plodding about and a cartoon fall on his big fat arse. Hope he's got good sponsorship for the soles of his boots.

He's backed out of fighting Wlad twice and Vitali once. The first fight with Wlad was suppose to be at Stamford Bridge too. How is he not ducking? He got offered a 55/45% split in Wlad's favour, no rematch clauses and the fight was to be in Germany. Haye has had 3 fights at Heavyweight, 2 title fights. Wlad has had 20 title fights with a record of 18-2, he's on a 13 fight unbeaten streak, he has the most belts, and has been the best heavyweight in the division for 5 years and is the closest thing there is to a heavyweight champ. Wlad deserves the bigger split, to say Haye is only getting 5% less of the purse is generous to say the least. Haye has barely done anything in the heavyweight division compared to Wlad.

It's outright ducking.

All bark, no bite.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Have the Klits had a decent field to defend their titles against........NO. It been the poorest time for heavies ever. Haye is well aware if he knocks these two out, then what? A rematch with the freak? Another lashing for Ordinary? It's a wilderness at the moment, why make it worse?

Have the Klits had a decent field to defend their titles against........NO. It been the poorest time for heavies ever. Haye is well aware if he knocks these two out, then what? A rematch with the freak? Another lashing for Ordinary? It's a wilderness at the moment, why make it worse?

Let's not forget that Haye is still adamant that he is retiring next year. IMO he'll stay clear of the Drago twins, and fight another bum or two IF he beats Harrison - then call it a day...

Im watching it at a mates house but still very very angry with myself when booking tickets

I bought 5 on ticketmaster and decided 5 was too much to come out of my bank account so clicked Back on the my browser to change it too 4 :ranting: how stupid it ended losing me all 5 tickets and then they was sold out :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

To any boxing fans who regularly get caned by the Sky Box Office mugging I would suggest getting a slighter bigger satellite dish than you have now - one lnb for Sky UK and one for the satellites at Astra 19 - German TV has every fight Sky Box Office ever does and it's always free to air. It's in German mind you :wink:

To any boxing fans who regularly get caned by the Sky Box Office mugging I would suggest getting a slighter bigger satellite dish than you have now - one lnb for Sky UK and one for the satellites at Astra 19 - German TV has every fight Sky Box Office ever does and it's always free to air. It's in German mind you :wink:

Google > Haye v Harrison fight live stream... Im sure this could bring up something :peepwall:

Weigh in at 2pm, i'm assuming it will be on SSN live

With Haye 3 stone lighter i can't see it lasting more than 4 rounds.

Harrison has that massive left hook,but with the pace haye will have around the ring, I don't think he has a chance

Edited by SAV