All you stayaways

I've said it before.

Were playing great fast-flowing football. Today just shows how much determination we have and how the team has a great spirit about it. I saw the huddle at the end of the game and i smiled. The team worked very hard today. Were unbeaten at home and at times were playing some of best football i've seen us play in a long long while. Get behind your team and support the almighty latics.

Thanks.

- Anthony

- Keep the faith

I've said it before.

Were playing great fast-flowing football. Today just shows how much determination we have and how the team has a great spirit about it. I saw the huddle at the end of the game and i smiled. The team worked very hard today. Were unbeaten at home and at times were playing some of best football i've seen us play in a long long while. Get behind your team and support the almighty latics.

Thanks.

- Anthony

- Keep the faith

It's times like this I am gutted to be stuck in Southend! :(

I thought the atmosphere at Spotland prior to the 8 minute farce was brilliant, flat at Accrington(even before the match started) but returned and was excellent today

This will bring fans back to BP

Some will. If we had converted more of our chances in first half, we would of won 4/5-0 which would probably have brought more back.

I thought the atmosphere at Spotland prior to the 8 minute farce was brilliant, flat at Accrington(even before the match started) but returned and was excellent today

This will bring fans back to BP

Really hard to get an atmosphere there anyway, and the team playing like they did didn't help at all. Although chants like 'you've got more room than us' were quite entertaining.

Back to the point, its days like these where i'm really happy to be a Latics fan!

I've said it before.

Thanks.

- Anthony

- Keep the faith

Well I've been talked into going to Dagenham next week.....It's a start.

I posted this after the Plymouth game. I think the build on that match to deliver the performance on Saturday is impressive.

It really is time for Oldhamers to get back to BP in numbers:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I really think the people of Oldham need to start taking a look at what's happening on the pitch with this team.

I wasn't in the town when Joe Royle was in charge, but I remember enjoying everything about that League Cup run on Sportsnight. A small club banging in goals against bigger opposition and also in other games reports of great comebacks with centre halfs finishing games as centre forwards and scoring last gasp winners or equalisers.

I'm not for a second suggesting today was perfect. I thought Latics were pedestrian in the first half and needed the kick up the backside that going 2-1 down against 9 men gave them. But a manager who is prepared to risk losing the point a draw would give him in the chase for the two extra points from a win will do for me.

One defender substituted. Another stuck up front (and scoring the winner). Four strikers on the pitch at the end of the game (using a poetic licence to claim Taylor as a striker). And it worked too.

They've shown the same desire to win in other games too. Bristol Rovers and Colchester were matches Latics deserved more than a point from. They've also been prepared to have a go at places like Brighton and Peterborough and been unlucky in many ways to end up with nothing.

At a quick glance, this side is the 6th highest scoring team in the division. With a little bit more composure in front of goal they could easily be in the automatic promotion places. And while it's way to early to talk about being genuine promotion candidates, and today highlighted the frailties of the side as much as it did the fighting spirit, it would be a crying shame if those who have drifted away over the past decade or so don't come and have a proper look at Paul Dickov's Latics revolution and stick with it for the remainder of the season.

So what has the town got going on at Boundary Park?

- 2 points off automatic promotion

- capable of scoring, and conceding goals

- football predominantly on the floor

- width from the midfield and overlapping full backs

- create lots of chances

- prepared to go hell for leather to get a win

- a team that throws the kitchen sink at it when that's needed

Time for thousands of people to reconsider their Saturday routines. Because they really should be getting back to Boundary Park and climbing aboard the roller coaster for what will, hopefully, be one hell of a ride over the next couple of seasons.

I posted this after the Plymouth game. I think the build on that match to deliver the performance on Saturday is impressive.

I really think the people of Oldham need to start taking a look at what's happening on the pitch with this team.

I wasn't in the town when Joe Royle was in charge, but I remember enjoying everything about that League Cup run on Sportsnight. A small club banging in goals against bigger opposition and also in other games reports of great comebacks with centre halfs finishing games as centre forwards and scoring last gasp winners or equalisers.

I'm not for a second suggesting today was perfect. I thought Latics were pedestrian in the first half and needed the kick up the backside that going 2-1 down against 9 men gave them. But a manager who is prepared to risk losing the point a draw would give him in the chase for the two extra points from a win will do for me.

One defender substituted. Another stuck up front (and scoring the winner). Four strikers on the pitch at the end of the game (using a poetic licence to claim Taylor as a striker). And it worked too.

They've shown the same desire to win in other games too. Bristol Rovers and Colchester were matches Latics deserved more than a point from. They've also been prepared to have a go at places like Brighton and Peterborough and been unlucky in many ways to end up with nothing.

At a quick glance, this side is the 6th highest scoring team in the division. With a little bit more composure in front of goal they could easily be in the automatic promotion places. And while it's way to early to talk about being genuine promotion candidates, and today highlighted the frailties of the side as much as it did the fighting spirit, it would be a crying shame if those who have drifted away over the past decade or so don't come and have a proper look at Paul Dickov's Latics revolution and stick with it for the remainder of the season.

- create lots of chances

Time for thousands of people to reconsider their Saturday routines. Because they really should be getting back to Boundary Park and climbing aboard the roller coaster for what will, hopefully, be one hell of a ride over the next couple of seasons.

awesome post !

- create lots of chances

:applause1:

:applause1:

Brilliant post.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/9171824.stm

Them highlights show that we are a threat this season. You stayaways are really missing out.

We have a brilliant manager who's honest and not afraid to change things if somethings not happening.

Ok, accrington was a blip but we've gone unbeaten at home so far. We've gone to places like Brighton and give them a really good game.

I can't stress enough how much it does my head in that many people don't choose to come to Boundary Park. Ok it has 3 stands and could be considered 'embarrasing' but how 'embarrasing' would it look if we went into Administration? I suggest the stayways think twice about staying at home in their armchairs doing bollocks all and instead get behind there team and then realise that this football we play is worth the money.

Rant over. *EXHAUSTED*

Anthony

Keep the faith

Edited by ah_oafc

I've said it before.

Thanks.

- Anthony

- Keep the faith

I am a stayaway, mainly because of lack of funds, but I have to admit though there have been times when I had money left over and I have decided to spend it elsewhere rather than go and watch latics,

I am now seriously considering doing a bit of budgeting to get to a few more games!

I am a stayaway, mainly because of lack of funds, but I have to admit though there have been times when I had money left over and I have decided to spend it elsewhere rather than go and watch latics,

I am now seriously considering doing a bit of budgeting to get to a few more games!

Honestly, I could understand people not going last year as we played terrible football and didn't have alot going for us and then ended up in a relegation battle towards the end of the season.

This season so far, is totally a different story. We should of got a few more points, but we are playing brilliant football and sometimes don't get the credit we deserve.

It's hard times for us and we need to help the club in every way possible.

how much do you pay for your broadband?

there's one match a month taken care of :grin:

how much do you pay for your broadband?

there's one match a month taken care of :grin:

I dont pay anything, mother-in-law does, I pay rent though,

Ill have to do without some little luxuries such as food and clean clothes, on the plus side no one would sit next to the smelly skinny dude so i get more space!