Dickovs naivity again?

Reuben, as good as he has been, is a player who will have 3 or 4 nightmare games a season, last night wasnt exactly a nightmare but he was at fault for the 2nd goal, and generally didnt organise his defence well, or as captain get someone to give Winchester a hand.

Stephens is young and makes that many passes in a game a couple will go astray, but hes put a worldy ball on Tounkaras head and hes broke up a lot of the play up until the end. Hes young, as Furman was last season, yet hes still producing and giving us a great option from free kicks, corners etc. After his perfomrance at trannies, ever expected him to be a world beater. Not yet though.

Dickovs substitutes cost us. We needed players to put the work rate in, and they didnt produce. Also us sitting back and our heads going down, Dickov and Taggart should have just said play our game dont get drawn in and got us more organised, got our heads up. It didnt happen, butu Dickov will learn and Im still confident going into the Rochdale game.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you thick or plain fooking stupid ? when did i ever say he is rubbish, his recent form is rubbish, he needs to learn how to find a player in a blue shirt and learn that a little more effort wont hurt, he has played too many games and needs a rest.

OK, I'll humour you Lee. Who would you play in centre-mid in place of Stephens?

Jones? Won't tackle, holds back, passing has been poor.

Lee? Possibly, but then we're short at full-back and as young Carl proved last night, he's a good prospect but not ready to play week in week out

Jarrett? After his performance at Accy? Just not mobile enough has lost a fair bit in midfield since his spell here 3 years ago

Taylor? Possibly but :censored:s out of too many challenges, would end up sent-off for gobbing off and him and Bubba have formed a useful partnership..

Holdsworth? :censored: no!

So I think we're struggling, unless you take a punt and stick someone in there playing well out of position or maybe go one up front. Or do we sign yet another loanee? Leave it as it is, unbeaten at home, only 3 defeats all season and despite the criticism Stephens and Jones are getting, they have played a big part in keeping us at the right end of the table. Even you must see that he played well v Hudds, was ok at Dagenham and despite a crap second-half contributed with two assists last night?

Edited by oafcprozac

so its a positive to constantly give away the ball ?

i know your not a footballer.

it's a positive to create 2 goals! Goals are what it's all about. Take him out and you take that out of the side. Jones won't do it and neither will Jarrett. I know you'd be a crap manager :wink:

I don't bu this need a reast.

We've barely played 20 games.

He's a professional footballer.

If he needs a rest, that makes him half-arsed

ok i have looked he has played 20 full games and and played 85 minutes at peterborugh.

so if my maths surve me right 20 x 90 + 85 = 1885 minutes this season. as a centre midfielder running up and down the pitch, you wouldnt be fooked ?

he needs a rest get himself togeather and maybe he will come back twce the player he is at this moment in time.

it's a positive to create 2 goals! Goals are what it's all about. Take him out and you take that out of the side. Jones won't do it and neither will Jarrett. I know you'd be a crap manager :wink:

he is creating goals but also for the opposite team like last night he got three assists 2 for us one for them !

he is creating goals but also for the opposite team like last night he got three assists 2 for us one for them !

I don't remember him passing the ball into the box for Cuerton to outmuscle Hazell/M'Voto and place the ball into the net? Without Stephens we might have lost that game.

I don't remember him passing the ball into the box for Cuerton to outmuscle Hazell/M'Voto and place the ball into the net? Without Stephens we might have lost that game.

but i remeber stephens losing the ball with one of many piss poor passes on the night what led to the attack and their goal.

OK, I'll humour you Lee. Who would you play in centre-mid in place of Stephens?

Jones? Won't tackle, holds back, passing has been poor.

Lee? Possibly, but then we're short at full-back and as young Carl proved last night, he's a good prospect but not ready to play week in week out

Jarrett? After his performance at Accy? Just not mobile enough has lost a fair bit in midfield since his spell here 3 years ago

Taylor? Possibly but :censored:s out of too many challenges, would end up sent-off for gobbing off and him and Bubba have formed a useful partnership..

Holdsworth? :censored: no!

So I think we're struggling, unless you take a punt and stick someone in there playing well out of position or maybe go one up front. Or do we sign yet another loanee? Leave it as it is, unbeaten at home, only 3 defeats all season and despite the criticism Stephens and Jones are getting, they have played a big part in keeping us at the right end of the table. Even you must see that he played well v Hudds, was ok at Dagenham and despite a crap second-half contributed with two assists last night?

I think that's a bit unfair mate. Seems PD has made his mind up about Holdsworth without seeing him in first team action. Holdsworth might give us more flexibility - he can play at RB so could cover for Lee/Winchester if we need to shake up the middle of the park.

I'm not advocating dropping Stephens, but I cant help but feel a bit sorry for Holdsworth as he seems to have been tarred with the same brush as Worthington.

I think that's a bit unfair mate. Seems PD has made his mind up about Holdsworth without seeing him in first team action. Holdsworth might give us more flexibility - he can play at RB so could cover for Lee/Winchester if we need to shake up the middle of the park.

I'm not advocating dropping Stephens, but I cant help but feel a bit sorry for Holdsworth as he seems to have been tarred with the same brush as Worthington.

Had this conversation before with you and Jamie, he's a decent right-back and if fit then perhaps Lee could move inside. But imo and that's all it is, he is not and never has been a midfielder, just because he won a couple of pens people think he's a real threat and the Colchester game apart he did very little last season, in his fleeting appearances. If Holdsworth came in it would be at RB to accommodate a move inside for Lee. Sadly, rightly or wrongly I don't think he'll get a chance due to him being a sicknote...

well this is MY OWN CHOICE TEAM ( works wonders on fm11 :wink: )

Brill

Black Mvoto Hazell Lee

Evina Furman White Taylor

Tounkare Kelly

subs dont care.

Hmmm, interesting White does have pace to burn but can he tackle and pass? Personally I think he'd be a bit too lightweight, same with Carl; at this moment in time. My own choice? Well I wouldn't drop Stephens as I do think we have seen a slight upturn in comparison to what we were seeing at home in September.

If I had to choose, I'd bring Holdsworth in as RB if he ever gets fit and move Lee inside, with Furman his minder...

Edited by oafcprozac

Give Jones a chance in the centre he needs a run of games to show what he can do, my gran could have played in the centre last night Exeter were that poor in the first half.

Whilst you have players knowing they will never be dropped they will always do the bare minimum. The second half from the kick off was poor, we sat back there was no challenges in the centre, the tempo was poor, players tired badly. Maybe we cant keep up our first half perfomance for 90 minutes just maybe we arnt fit enough to play that way for 90 minutes

So who would YOU play Lee?

At the end of the day, despite the positives, any football team is going to have its weaknesses.

Man Utd's midfield ain't what it was. They struggle at right back occasionally.

We are in a far better place than last season. If it doesn't end up in a crack at the play-offs it will still have been the best season in years.

Black and Lee can be got at as full backs. Hazell slips a lot. M'Voto is a bit of a hoofer whereas Jarrett is better on the floor, but useless defending set pieces.

Evina on the left can sometimes look a little disinterested. Alessandra's had some good games and not been quite as effective in others. Jones for me is a steady player but nothing excpetional. Furman's been a sensation, but how mediocre did he look last season? Stephens - on an off-day still better than Danny Whitaker (who's better than Wellens, as we all know) but he will misplace passes.

Tounkare has missed some great chances and Taylor mouths off to referees too much.

One thing that has got them though is a team spirit. It's evident 90% of the time whereas last season it rarely surfaced. For all the individual failings the collective qualities combined with the individual strengths of players make this a far more exciting team than I can remember at BP.

Disappointed. But more learning. Let the Dickov Revolution continue.