Corner kicks again !

Yet again Latics pull everyone back for corner kicks, inviting trouble in an overcrowded penalty area,

For goodness sake PD throw away the trendy tactics charts and get some players (ideally 3) up field as an an outlet, let the opposition worry about your team not the other way round.

And why is there never any movement from throw ins, with the players standing around like statues, these are absolute basics.

Can no player in the squad throw the ball more than 2 yards ?

Great performance in the first half ruined by tactical naivety in the second half IMO.

Yet again Latics pull everyone back for corner kicks, inviting trouble in an overcrowded penalty area,

For goodness sake PD throw away the trendy tactics charts and get some players (ideally 3) up field as an an outlet, let the opposition worry about your team not the other way round.

And why is there never any movement from throw ins, with the players standing around like statues, these are absolute basics.

Can no player in the squad throw the ball more than 2 yards ?

Great performance in the first half ruined by tactical naivety in the second half IMO.

another topic ?

yeh but there has been about 10 topics on Dickovs tactics now

He doesn't seem to be getting the message though, football is a simple game, IMO those trendy tactics boards displayed by coaches so often these days at pitch side only confuse players.

The biggest laugh I had when a gust of wind caught hold of one famous coaches tactics sheets and sent about 50 pages scattering all over the pitch, never have I seen such a distraught person.

He doesn't seem to be getting the message though, football is a simple game, IMO those trendy tactics boards displayed by coaches so often these days at pitch side only confuse players.

The biggest laugh I had when a gust of wind caught hold of one famous coaches tactics sheets and sent about 50 pages scattering all over the pitch, never have I seen such a distraught person.

Ah forgot Paul Dickov reads OWTB

I can tell you from experience many managers know no more than the average intelligent fan, they just think they do.

I can tell you from experience that we don't have many average (or above) intelligent fans. They just think they are.

Edited by maddog

I can tell you from experience that we don't have many average (or above) intelligent fans. They just think they are.

I consider myself an average intelligent fan as I assume most are on OTWB, you can disagree with that of course :wink: .

Tell me if you can find the big, gaping hole in my thoughts, but why is it that, at corners, teams don't put 4/5 people up? The attacking team would have to at least match the number of people staying up, clearing the penalty area, and giving the keeper an easy catch!

Works on Football Manager, anyway!

Tell me if you can find the big, gaping hole in my thoughts, but why is it that, at corners, teams don't put 4/5 people up? The attacking team would have to at least match the number of people staying up, clearing the penalty area, and giving the keeper an easy catch!

Works on Football Manager, anyway!

Hmm, they wouldnt though, because the oppo team can just put the same amount (maybe one or two less) into the box, leaving us outnumbered since they cant be offside from a corner. Would be nice if it worked though, however we should keep at least one player up (White or Evina, both have pace to dust past the last defender & their small so dont make to much difference at corners)

I remember Kiev always kept Rebrov and Shevchenko up when defending corners. They would give the defenders nightmares if the ball came to either of them, easy enough passing between the two of them until they had a shot on goal. Much more effective than one fast guy who you can defend by keeping someone deeper or blocking.kicking him early doors.

Shame Rebrov signed for Spurs and therefore immediately transformed from one of the modern era's greatest split strikers to a pile of festering :censored: incidentally. Always thought if I had been an Italian business tyrant I would have had the pair.

Hmm, they wouldnt though, because the oppo team can just put the same amount (maybe one or two less) into the box, leaving us outnumbered since they cant be offside from a corner. Would be nice if it worked though, however we should keep at least one player up (White or Evina, both have pace to dust past the last defender & their small so dont make to much difference at corners)

Hang on, how could we be outnumbered? If we leave 2 up top, they have to keep 2 or poss 3 defenders back to deal with them from any resulting break, so even in the worst case scenario, they would have 3 players in their own half leaving a max of 8 in our box, but we'd have 9 cos we've left 2 up on the half way line.

Since ending Chesterfield's unbeaten record at the new stadium, Burton Albion's manager Paul Peschisolido has had his car stolen and with it his laptop, which contained everything he needs to do his job. What no hard-drive, you ask - apparently not. He is more distraught than the coach whose papers blew away, especially as the Brewers have lost both games since the theft and they're due to play Shez's men again on Saturday in the Cup.

In the rarely-read Burton Mail he said:

“I’m absolutely devasted. As well as losing my car, I’ve lost my laptop on which I keep everything relating to the football club. I’d loaded loads and loads of valuable information onto the laptop regarding players, training schemes, formations — everything I need really in relation to my job.” :blush:

He's offering a "major reward" in the hope of getting it back.

Since ending Chesterfield's unbeaten record at the new stadium, Burton Albion's manager Paul Peschisolido has had his car stolen and with it his laptop, which contained everything he needs to do his job. What no hard-drive, you ask - apparently not. He is more distraught than the coach whose papers blew away, especially as the Brewers have lost both games since the theft and they're due to play Shez's men again on Saturday in the Cup.

In the rarely-read Burton Mail he said:

“I’m absolutely devasted. As well as losing my car, I’ve lost my laptop on which I keep everything relating to the football club. I’d loaded loads and loads of valuable information onto the laptop regarding players, training schemes, formations — everything I need really in relation to my job.” :blush:

He's offering a "major reward" in the hope of getting it back.

Its true , it was made into Football Manager 11