Feeney to score 2 league goals before season ends

Feeney to score 2 league goals this season  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Will Feeney score minimum 2 league goals this season

• Yes
    • No
    • ooooo too tough to decide

Well I have made a bet with a fellow latics fan that Feeney has to score two leaguegoals before the end of the season - minimum.

There is more chance of a heat wave at the North pole in my opinion

What are my chances guys?

Hope I have added the poll choices on this time.....doh!!!

Edited by underdog

Well I have made a bet with a fellow latics fan that Feeney has to score two goals before the end of the season - minimum.

no poll, and ur half way their, he scored against accy

I dont think he will be with us much longer, it says something when Dickov prefered to put Trotman upfront instead of bringing him on. H e must be our top earner and if we can get rid in Jan it will free up much needed funds for a decent striker which is what we need.

I dont think he will be with us much longer, it says something when Dickov prefered to put Trotman upfront instead of bringing him on. H e must be our top earner and if we can get rid in Jan it will free up much needed funds for a decent striker which is what we need.

Even better steve, this means I can have my curry earlier than planned.

yes I agree, him and Jonesy have not set BP on fire have they. ( oh dear poor choice of words now that I have realised those two kids have been in court this week for the arson - sorry guys)

Edited by underdog

You're safe, girl. He has to get in the team first and with Brooke, Kelly, M'voto, Trotman, Dickov and the groundsman's dog showing more aptitude (and attitude) I'll be surprised if he plays again. Now watch PD pick him a Satdi to prove me wrong. :grin:

You're safe, girl. He has to get in the team first and with Brooke, Kelly, M'voto, Trotman, Dickov and the groundsman's dog showing more aptitude (and attitude) I'll be surprised if he plays again. Now watch PD pick him a Satdi to prove me wrong. :grin:

Pete don't you know it and put me on the before list too.

excellent I am feeling mega positive that the curry is in my sights.....

Pete don't you know it and put me on the before list too.

excellent I am feeling mega positive that the curry is in my sights.....

And Mrs Underdog to come off the bench leaving Mr Feeney a disconsolate and dejected figure.

There, that OK Trace?

Well I have made a bet with a fellow latics fan that Feeney has to score two leaguegoals before the end of the season - minimum.

I presume you mean for Latics? If so then a resounding NO :wink:

I presume you mean for Latics? If so then a resounding NO :wink:

I want Feeney to come good – but I just can’t see it.

I’ve been sooooooooooo disappointed in him – from feeling really positive when his signing was announced; that quickly turned to ‘head shacking puzzlement’ at how bad a player he’s looked in every appearance i’ve seen him make. The “running in treacle” quote from someone on here really sums his Latics career up so far. He’s looked unfit, leggy, cumbersome, his touch has been shocking, his hold up play has been weak, his link up haven’t worked, his passing is basic and he hasn’t once looked threatening. I wasn’t there at Accy; so i haven’t even seen him score in the flesh – and from the TV reply, his finish for the FA Cup goal was even scuffed!

He’s well done the pecking order – quite rightly too for the above reasons – and looks to be behind Tonk, Taylor, Brooke, Kelly, M’Voto and now even Trotman.........I cant see him being offered the chance to play himself in form here anymore, I think (& hope actually) that his days are numbered. Sometimes signings just don’t work, I think this is one of them.

I want Feeney to come good – but I just can’t see it.

I’ve been sooooooooooo disappointed in him – from feeling really positive when his signing was announced; that quickly turned to ‘head shacking puzzlement’ at how bad a player he’s looked in every appearance i’ve seen him make. The “running in treacle” quote from someone on here really sums his Latics career up so far. He’s looked unfit, leggy, cumbersome, his touch has been shocking, his hold up play has been weak, his link up haven’t worked, his passing is basic and he hasn’t once looked threatening. I wasn’t there at Accy; so i haven’t even seen him score in the flesh – and from the TV reply, his finish for the FA Cup goal was even scuffed!

He’s well done the pecking order – quite rightly too for the above reasons – and looks to be behind Tonk, Taylor, Brooke, Kelly, M’Voto and now even Trotman.........I cant see him being offered the chance to play himself in form here anymore, I think (& hope actually) that his days are numbered. Sometimes signings just don’t work, I think this is one of them.

You're not the only one here, I have mates living in N.I. and they have even commented on how unfit and how much extra packaging he has put on since joining us... Quote "What are you lot feeding him on, sausage rolls"? (made after watching him on international duties). I also had high hopes for him going off the back of what my mates had told me but have been hugely disappointed.

You're not the only one here, I have mates living in N.I. and they have even commented on how unfit and how much extra packaging he has put on since joining us... Quote "What are you lot feeding him on, sausage rolls"? (made after watching him on international duties). I also had high hopes for him going off the back of what my mates had told me but have been hugely disappointed.

If plenty of the team were unfit, I think you would have to look at the club (and what they aree feeding him!!) but being as we play a high tempo game, I think this issue with Feeney rests firmly with the player.

If plenty of the team were unfit, I think you would have to look at the club (and what they aree feeding him!!) but being as we play a high tempo game, I think this issue with Feeney rests firmly with the player.

Point taken, the comment was made by a Linfield fan with no affiliation to Oldham, you would have thought that he would have adjusted to the tempo by now surely? Am I right in saying he has signed for 2 years? Paying a wage for him to sit on the bench/ reserves isn't good business, out on loan for me if he can't adjust.

Footballer's steps to success:

Do well in training

Get picked

Play well during the game

Score (if a forward); keep clean sheet (if a defender)

Win the game

Keep injury free

OR

be one of the highest paid players in the squad and justify your wages based on the above or play to get in the shop window to attract a move to another club (loan or otherwise).

On that basis, I'll say that he will eventually have to play and (sticking my neck out) will probably score at least one more goal before the end of the season.

Now stand back and await the fallout!!!!

Footballer's steps to success:

Do well in training

Get picked

Play well during the game

Score (if a forward); keep clean sheet (if a defender)

Win the game

Keep injury free

OR

be one of the highest paid players in the squad and justify your wages based on the above or play to get in the shop window to attract a move to another club (loan or otherwise).

On that basis, I'll say that he will eventually have to play and (sticking my neck out) will probably score at least one more goal before the end of the season.

Now stand back and await the fallout!!!!

oooo..then one goal and I am still going to win. :wink:

I was being a bit cautious with the term 'at least' but also didn't want to deny you the curry you obvioulsy crave.

On that note, any curry houses in Oldham that you would recommend?

Westwood East is the best one in Oldham from my experience. Bangladeshi. Not licensed though.

New one opposite Lees Tandoori is pretty smart too. Can't remember the name. On the high street in Lees anyway.

Westwood East is the best one in Oldham from my experience. Bangladeshi. Not licensed though.

New one opposite Lees Tandoori is pretty smart too. Can't remember the name. On the high street in Lees anyway.

What's that one in Royton on the same street as Carlo's called? I didn't find that one too bad.

Yep, been there quite a few times - bit canteenish in layout but at least the bring your own booze approach helps keep costs down.

Used to like the Simla in Royton before they updated it. Still, they have an all-in tenner a head deal which is good value - just need to wear shades as the place is so brightly lit.

All time favourite was the Light of Bengal (Union St) - finishing off place after the christmas night out pub crawl. Admttedly, not been for quite a few years - don't even know if it still exists. Perhaps someone will enlighten me on that.