Cedric Evina Returns

More good news - reckon he's going to be a class player in the future, and will do a good job for us now.

Definitely. He could do with working on his defensive qualities a bit if he does intend to be a full/wing back, but the potential is certainly there.

That's a quirk of the loan system I wasn't aware of!

Neither was the rarely-wrong Chron aware of it, when it reported the other day:

With Evina, Athletic would have to agree a deal with Arsenal by midday on Friday. And as the left-sided player has spent more than 93 days with the club so far this season, the only way he could remain at Boundary Park would be either on a standard loan for the rest of the season or as a permanent signing.

So we now find there is such a thing as a "one month youth loan" to make the Chron look wrong on this rare occasion.

Last week we found out that two players of the same team, injured and receiving attention, do not have to leave the pitch when play resumes. We also discovered that a player shadowing the keeper, but not attempting to impede him, gets a yellow card for his actions and....oh yes....the law preventing the keeper from holding the ball for more than 6 seconds can be waived if the ref is so inclined.

All this brings a level of uncertainty to the level playing field on which the goalposts keep moving.

:shock:

heard last night, evina had a meeting with wenger friday and evina told AW that he wants to return to bp, wenger turned round andsaid good we have no interest in keeping you here any longer, basically he is on loan from arsenal now but once loan is up he will become a free agent,

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere

heard last night, evina had a meeting with wenger friday and evina told AW that he wants to return to bp, wenger turned round andsaid good we have no interest in keeping you here any longer, basically he is on loan from arsenal now but once loan is up he will become a free agent,

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere

Doesnt suprise me in the slightest, there is no way Cedric Evina will ever get near the Arsenal first team. Lower Championship player at best.

Someone pointed out that the players Arsenal rate tend to go on loan to Championship teams, the ones they don't usually go to League 1/2. Evina might play in the Premier League, but he isn't as good as Eardley was at that age, and some of you thought he wasn't good enough to play in the PL. He's a good player but I'm not 100% certain he is currently ready for the Championship on current showing, he will be though. He's precisely the sort of player we should be signing. A youngster who is good enough to play regularly for us (but not a guaranteed starter) and has the potential to progress, especially if he develops both his attacking and defending skills at a good rate.

Do you mean Pressing RB while Holding down B? :grin:

Don't get smart with me.

I now have to be Real Madrid or Barcelona to have the faintest chance of beating o4u Jr on Fifa (or whatever game that is!).

(I think I did Evina a dis-service - the chance he created looked a lot easier to finish from the RRE than TV replay suggests)

Neither was the rarely-wrong Chron aware of it, when it reported the other day:

With Evina, Athletic would have to agree a deal with Arsenal by midday on Friday. And as the left-sided player has spent more than 93 days with the club so far this season, the only way he could remain at Boundary Park would be either on a standard loan for the rest of the season or as a permanent signing.

So we now find there is such a thing as a "one month youth loan" to make the Chron look wrong on this rare occasion.

Last week we found out that two players of the same team, injured and receiving attention, do not have to leave the pitch when play resumes. We also discovered that a player shadowing the keeper, but not attempting to impede him, gets a yellow card for his actions and....oh yes....the law preventing the keeper from holding the ball for more than 6 seconds can be waived if the ref is so inclined.

All this brings a level of uncertainty to the level playing field on which the goalposts keep moving.

:shock:

but there is law that states

An indirect free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if, in the opinion of the referee, a player: • prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from his hands...

Nothing about booking the offending player :huh: